Adversting (Guests only)

Name Reservation and/or early access to Character Creator?

• Has there been any discussion on early access to the character creator or the possibility of reserving names ahead of time? I know there isn't a lot of information out yet about the NA launch, but is this something that you all would like to see? Has something similar been on the other regions' servers?

I am looking forward to spending some time in Bless' intricate character creator, but snapping up names on launch day would take precedence. Then I would have to either delete and remake the character with the desired name (risky) or get a character alteration (rip wallet). Having either one of these options would alleviate this issue.

• There will not be name reservations. They stated so in dev interviews, it is also in the FAQ. I guess you could export characters from JP/KR Bless but I don't know if they would work with Steam Release.

• I recall from a while ago from what others had asked in Discord was regarding character deletion times. Since they are instant deletion and releasing the name you could quickly make a character to save your name. Then, while in the creator for the 'next' character you can save your presets. Finally, delete the one that was reserving the name and load up the saved preset.

Personally, that was my plan of attack, but I managed to get the JP version + VPN working so I spent time creating and saving my presets from there. Unless they overhaul the entire character process too, I can safely say that those steps from above are accurate since I used those to try out the methodology on the JP version as well.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• Hopefully there's a bit more character customization compared to Most mmorpgs. Even Monster hunter has a better character customization level than most mmorpgs today.

It's pretty detailed. Lots of sliders and color selections. You can check out Nocht's videos for a preview on that. He has a lot of other helpful info on his channel, too.

• It's pretty detailed. Lots of sliders and color selections. You can check out Nocht's videos for a preview on that. He has a lot of other helpful info on his channel, too.

The character creator was nothing short of amazing. You would be very hard pressed to find a character exactly like your own. There's always the chance they could add more later too. BNS continues to add on it's own Character customization, even years after it's release.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• Now that I've had more time to enjoy the character creation via the JP client (with a working VPN) I do say I really like the numerous presets offered since I can just try out the various presets for the different sections and then go in for a closer modification on one or two things after that.

One of the issues I had with BDO character creation was lack of presets (besides the face) to help me just get started with different rough ideas and then work from there. I'm not entirely great at starting on a default canvas and making extreme customized changes to turn it to something else entirely so most of my BDO creations usually resemble the original pallet. It was nice that they had a community album that you can load their preset from and go from there. I ended up using that for a couple of my characters.

Speaking about sharing presets. I noticed that in the customization folder they are simply just jpg files. Is that really all it needs to load the preset? Seems like it would be super easy to simply share your creation with a picture on discord for example.

• Speaking about sharing presets. I noticed that in the customization folder they are simply just jpg files. Is that really all it needs to load the preset? Seems like it would be super easy to simply share your creation with a picture on discord for example.

It would not surprise me. That's how presets work in BnS as well. There is just additional data besides the image that makes it compatible with the game.

Since it's unlikely we'll get early access to the character creator, I ended up downloading Bless JP. There goes my week.

• It would not surprise me. That's how presets work in BnS as well. There is just additional data besides the image that makes it compatible with the game.

Since it's unlikely we'll get early access to the character creator, I ended up downloading Bless JP. There goes my week.

Presets, as I recall, caused a huge problem in BNS inititally. I know a lot of people complained that presets didn't work because files were corrupt or didn't match the coding for loading a specific preset. I know they reworked these issues but if Neowiz goes this route, then they need to keep that in mind. I know I couldn't load my KR presets to JP. So I wouldn't assume the same to be true about transferring the presets to any other version.