Adversting (Guests only)

Why is no one talking about the cash shop p2w that may get to the west?

• Hello all,

I am playing atm the JPN version of Bless Online and i see some issues with the game like the cash shop.

I consider the below items as P2W and can be bought ONLY from the cash shop with the option to resell it on the Action House in game for gold A LOT GOLD.

In game it is called "The Enhancement Shop":

Item: Change Mount/Pet Skills
    Item: Skill reset Scroll
    Item: New Skill Deck

Here the link to the pictures in game with explanation.
    Cash Shop Items Bless Online JPN

What is your opinion about this guys? And do you thing that this will make it into the EA west release of Bless Online?

• The Taming system is P2W on JP... Its nearly impossible to get a Pet/Mount to Legendary without the use of CashShop items. Then there is the Pure Evil Reroll Scrolls to get the Pet/Mount rolled to have good skills. But coming in the Steam version, you can "grind" for Tokens to buy Lumena. This adds a false pretense that the Taming system is not already flawed and shouldn't be changed for the Steam version. Grinding for Cashshop currency to "catch up" to others who P2W is not the answer.

• Honestly in my opinion with or without those items in the game adding an in game currency that can be bought with real money and trade between players, opens up the door to pay to win. I've seen it in many games, even if you cant physically trade those cash shop items between players, in game codes for such currency are traded between players for gold. If you really want to remove P2W aspect of any game this means, either no trading between players AT ALL. Or adding to in game shop. No in game shop would probably mean Pay to play// with a monthly subscription. My point being even if you would remove those consumables from the cash shop it would not make a difference either way. People are way more into the cosmetics than those small provided boost.

P2W is more in depth than just cash shop items. Any possible way to sink money into a game for some sort of advantage over other players is to be considered P2W.

Hope this helps.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• The Taming system is P2W on JP... Its nearly impossible to get a Pet/Mount to Legendary without the use of CashShop items. Then there is the Pure Evil Reroll Scrolls to get the Pet/Mount rolled to have good skills. But coming in the Steam version, you can "grind" for Tokens to buy Lumena. This adds a false pretense that the Taming system is not already flawed and shouldn't be changed for the Steam version. Grinding for Cashshop currency to "catch up" to others who P2W is not the answer.

I think they are aware of that. I don't forsee that system coming to the US/EU and even if it does there are far worse things that can be P2W then mounts/pets. Look how LoTRO handles it? I mean...essentially you can buy stat boosts for your character. Now that is P2W.

• I think they are aware of that. I don't forsee that system coming to the US/EU and even if it does there are far worse things that can be P2W then mounts/pets. Look how LoTRO handles it? I mean...essentially you can buy stat boosts for your character. Now that is P2W.

I agree that they are are aware of P2W in their game. I hope they change the Taming system from the JP/KR versions but as of now nothing has been said about Pet/Mount Taming changes at all. Also there are alot of P2W games out there, but Neowiz has said multiple times Bless isnt going to be P2W, but it is on JP. When they know its p2w and the community keeps complaining about the p2w aspect, but no changes are mentioned about whats p2w... Doesn't look good.

• I agree that they are are aware of P2W in their game. I hope they change the Taming system from the JP/KR versions but as of now nothing has been said about Pet/Mount Taming changes at all. Also there are alot of P2W games out there, but Neowiz has said multiple times Bless isnt going to be P2W, but it is on JP. When they know its p2w and the community keeps complaining about the p2w aspect, but no changes are mentioned about whats p2w... Doesn't look good.

Keep in mind that plenty of companies make promises and break them later. The reasons can be many, but the bottom line is they lose peoples trust by doing so. We just have to wait and see what happens. If your not happy with it, then don't buy it. Of course there will be a small minority that buys it, but if enough people protest it, then it should be removed from the store.

• dont care if its p2w, p2p, b2p. whatever it is. im playing it. and...and.....if you cant afford to play, whatever the model is, then go away. im so tired of hearing "its p2w man" just go away now and free up some forum space from these dead issues.

• I've been playing WoW on and off for the past 12 years and plan to continue playing it in the next expansion. Even after so long I rate it as my 2nd favourite MMO behind ArcheAge which I only played for 4 months. Developer greed was the only reason I gave up on AA, but P2W is hard to hide and too many gamers have been burnt by it and are now wary of it, and so are devs. For that reason I'm not too concerned about it.

Pay for convenience however is my biggest worry. It seems so innocent, but practises like BDO had such as having low amounts of gold drops and high amounts of trash item drops and then selling bag space, bag weight and storage space in the cash shop was so underhanded. I think in the end I was burnt more by BDO than by AA due to convenience items, "cosmetic" items having stats on them and the ghillie suit which was almost a requirement for world PvP. AA's P2W was worse, but BDO hid it better.

Below is a quote from the official Bless site and is what I'll mostly be keeping an eye on because realistically they'll sell whatever they think they can get away with:

"Lumena shop: Players can use Lumena (in-game currency purchased using real money) to buy a variety of convenience and cosmetic items."

• Which depends on the convenience. Xp boosts are not seen as p2w in games with a hard level cap, but on the other hand p2skip kinds of convenience (like rng boosts, full on BiS gear on cash store, loot boxes with gear/materials etc) are indeed p2w especially when you skip months of progression with real cash.

+1

• Honestly I dont think that they are going to make it P2Win. Developers watch other games and see how they fare.

There are currently not any p2w games that are doing well. Most have a very low player base and are on a downhill slide, look at Tera for instance. They just announced today they are doing server merges. Server merges = game is on its last legs.

• All cash shop items will be obtainable without actual cash.

And, I disagree that server merge means a game is "on its last legs". There are plenty of games that merged servers years ago and still running today.

• There are many games that did server merges but no game that was doing "well" has to do them. Last legs doesn't mean they are completely done for it means that the player base is minuscule and not doing well.

• There are currently not any p2w games that are doing well. Most have a very low player base and are on a downhill slide, look at Tera for instance. They just announced today they are doing server merges. Server merges = game is on its last legs.

P2W games do just fine in the East as some of those cultures employ the concept of "face". I have even seen Eastern P2W games increase servers. Obviously I agree that in the West P2W games aren't so crash hot. It's mainly just a cultural difference and dev's should be aware of it as I believe Bless is with their business model. Gooooo Bless! :happybless:

• Yeah server merges are just a healthy thing to do. Server population will usually decrease after the first 4-6 months and it is wasteful to have more servers running than needed and low populations.

They may have pay to convenience items in the cash shop as I have seen it hinted, but those I don't mind. My time is far more valuable than my money. As long as there are no loot boxes or actual gear in the store I will be fine

• There is many kinds of P2W, how Ezenkrul87 said : As long as there are no loot boxes or actual gear in the store I will be fine = Same for me

For the rest is just a minor things of P2W (scrolls pet etc) nothing that can really hurt you, enjoy to the game.

Btw we are not even sure if these things will be in game at the launch( i mean pet scrolls, we don't know anything for the future..)