Early Access to start in May

• founder packs are a good thing. I always go for the entry lvl one. Just my choice. I don't mind a premium service option either long as it isn't an advantage type thing. Usually i like seeing maybe a mount or costume and some cash shop money for buying cosmetic items. I like to earn what i need for my character in game.

• I'm truly hoping its Early May and not Late May.

Me too. Like many have surmised, due to the press conference being on the 11th any info regarding the packs will (most likely) be released during this time frame, as well as a specific day for the release of Bless. I’d imagine they would give anple time for people to purchase packs - which makes me think the play date would be middle/late May~ but who knows :p

• Me too. Like many have surmised, due to the press conference being on the 11th any info regarding the packs will (most likely) be released during this time frame, as well as a specific day for the release of Bless. I’d imagine they would give anple time for people to purchase packs - which makes me think the play date would be middle/late May~ but who knows :p

Based on the same deductions as you, I'd go with the last week in May being release date, which is a PITA because the closer we get it that week, the further away its going to seem.

I hope any early access is kept limited in duration. I mean its nice to get in at the beginning of a MMO but in this case we have people who will pay for early access, plus people who have played the Asian version who both through knowledge and/or early access get a distinct advantage in the game world.

"Anyone can love a thing because. That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect"

• Based on the same deductions as you, I'd go with the last week in May being release date, which is a PITA because the closer we get it that week, the further away its going to seem.

I hope any early access is kept limited in duration. I mean its nice to get in at the beginning of a MMO but in this case we have people who will pay for early access, plus people who have played the Asian version who both through knowledge and/or early access get a distinct advantage in the game world.

There is a small minority of people who have experienced the JP/KR version of this. Even so the experience will only really offer early benefits since supposedly the west version will be different. How much different is difficult to say.

• There is a small minority of people who have experienced the JP/KR version of this. Even so the experience will only really offer early benefits since supposedly the west version will be different. How much different is difficult to say.

I second this.

if you consider the knowledge of the previous versions a concrete advantage in the steam release, you'll also have to keep in mind that the previous clients have been up for quite a while now. pretty much anyone could have just gone and played on RU/KR/JPN by now, and if they went through the trouble to do so, I don't see why that experience would be seen as unfair. you play more, you get better

• I second this.

if you consider the knowledge of the previous versions a concrete advantage in the steam release, you'll also have to keep in mind that the previous clients have been up for quite a while now. pretty much anyone could have just gone and played on RU/KR/JPN by now, and if they went through the trouble to do so, I don't see why that experience would be seen as unfair. you play more, you get better

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying and admittedly writing cant always pass over inflections properly.

It wasn't my intent to suggest that prior experience of the game, with or without early access was unfair. I was just saying that in my opinion if someone has played the game in other regions they will have an advantage in knowing what quests to do, what to ignore, locations and strengths of foes, loot, best routes so they will progress through (at least the initial stages) at a faster pace than a beginner. The same applies to a person who gets, say for example, a weeks head start, and this is compounded by a person who had done both the Asian version and got the headstart.

Now if as Pentrep states, the Western version is different - and we don't really know by how much - but really how much would they realistically change, then the advantage is reduced to the one factor, which is the headstart.

Neither is a huge worry for me personally as I intend to take my time, not rush through without reading quests, and I plan to do a lot of exploring off path and I'm sure if I need to team up with someone to quest with there will be plenty of like minded people around. I just hate to see long headstarts given pre-release. :)

"Anyone can love a thing because. That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect"

• I think you misinterpreted what I was saying and admittedly writing cant always pass over inflections properly.

Neither is a huge worry for me personally as I intend to take my time, not rush through without reading quests, and I plan to do a lot of exploring off path and I'm sure if I need to team up with someone to quest with there will be plenty of like minded people around. I just hate to see long headstarts given pre-release. :)

ah, my apologies, I might've read in too deep.

the point I tried to make was that people that made the time investment should indeed receive some benefit from it. though it is a different conversation entirely when it comes to paid headstarts; they quite obviously fall under the P2W umbrella, but people don't seem all that hostile towards the concept

• All of those things you mention(quests, locations, foe strength) have been changed, it's in the FAQ. I'm very happy for that, so really the only advantage is EA.

• ah, my apologies, I might've read in too deep.

the point I tried to make was that people that made the time investment should indeed receive some benefit from it. though it is a different conversation entirely when it comes to paid headstarts; they quite obviously fall under the P2W umbrella, but people don't seem all that hostile towards the concept

They need to make it worth while for both hard core and casual players. You can't penalize people for not having time but at the same time you have to reward people for putting time and effort into the game.

• After everyone buys the game, it's worthwhile for everyone. No one is penalized. Free updates, cash shop items attainable without spending cash. Just because you can't no life a game doesn't mean you are at a disadvantage, or that the people who can play longer hours have an advantage. In a massively online game like this, you will always have people around your level to compete with, and the goals you set at end-game will still be achievable.

Look at it like this, when you are at end-game, whether its RvR, 3v3, PvE(raids/dungeons) If you are having fun with people you enjoy being with...who cares how much time you've put in, just enjoy the game because all those people who put in 8+ hours a day to get to end-game will have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up.

• Just because you can't no life a game doesn't mean you are at a disadvantage, or that the people who can play longer hours have an advantage.

from a strictly objective and hypothetical standpoint, you are bound to achieve more in the game if you play 8 hours a day rather than 4. how significant the difference between the two might be I can't say, but if we're indeed talking about advantage in progressing in the game, unless there are other severely limiting factors, (skillcap, paywalls, etc.) the one who puts in more time will very likely get further ahead.

• You basically made my point. Someone who plays more advances more quickly, that's not hypothetical, that's proven.

An advantage is something controllable in the game placed there by the publisher/developer, like p2w cash shop items, or content behind paywalls at higher levels. The time you spend in game is out of the publisher/developer's control, so there is no use arguing that point. If you want to be on the same level as someone who spends 12 hours in the game, you better spend 12 hours in the game.

• I think there will always be that segment of the player base who has the ability to player 10-12 hours a day or more. I just don't want to see items in the cash shop that will allow the 1h a night player to keep pace with someone who puts in a lot more hours. Games are like anything else, there should be a time commitment vs reward system. Someone who has the time should be able to achieve more, have more and look better than someone who doesn't have as much time. To many snowflakes in this world who want everything given to them, even though they cant put in the time to get it.

• To many snowflakes in this world who want everything given to them, even though they cant put in the time to get it.

this is a rather broad statement. as much as I dislike any system built on P2W in gaming, I don't think the disdain should be directed towards the people buying into such a system, but rather those who implement it.

• What I meant by this statement is that companies such as Blizzard have created player base of Snowflakes by giving them everything for little to no effort. With new MMOs coming out, players have the mindset that they should get everything for little to no effort. They want the best gear just for logging into the game and when they don't get it they are upset. I understand that its only a game and people have real lives so they don't have the time to spend hours and hours playing. That is fine, just don't expect to have the same gear/mounts and such as someone who does put in the time.

• I don't see where you get gear for just logging in to wow, you still have to spend time getting up to the levels that the "free gear" is usable. What I hear is the people that got the good stuff first, then see newer people getting it a little easier, and getting angry about it and calling people snowflakes.

Look at it from the perspective of the developer. You have this game that is 14 years old, with people that have been playing it from day 1 until right this second. They have all the cool stuff and all the high gear. Enter the noobs, who started last night. They want to get on the same level of the veterans. Should it take them 14 years? The point of making things easier as you go is to give the new people a chance at being competitive with the veterans, and experiencing the whole game without taking so long.

Furthermore, the point of convenience shop items is to give the people who can't play as much a chance to level the playing field. If you put in a ton of hours and they guy next to you didn't, but you're in the same place with the same level gear...don't get mad, fight him in pvp and see who the actual better player is.

This is a game, you should not be resentful of other people playing.....period.