Class PvP Questions

• Hi folks, looking for some advice. After exhaustive deliberation, I've narrowed down my class choices to Mage and Guardian. I generally enjoy casting playstyles (and per the twitch videos, the animations look great on the mage); however, also mobile, in your face playstyles (which I've heard Guardian is exceptionally mobile). I generally prefer DPS; however, have tanked on occasion; but I will primarily playing this game with a PvP focus in mind. With that, while I also enjoy large scale pvp; I am very much concerned about open world/solo pvp. Due to my time zone, I generally play late nights, and consequently, I suspect that most of the pvp I will be doing will be fairly small scale or open world in nature.

For those of you who have experience or have researched the game, what are your thoughts on Guardian and Mage for small scale PvP (with particular emphasis on being able to contest/defend your spot). I've heard that Guardians are nigh invulnerable against mages in the open world; and I'm concerned that playing a mage class will substantially limit the classes at which I'm able to effectively defend against. [For reference, I play a Wizard and Berserker in BDO; and while I enjoy Wizard gameplay in large scale; I hate the fact that it's the bottom of barrel in solo PvP -- i.e., uphill battle in being able to contest an defend a grind spot].

Alternatively, I'm concerned at the Guardian's lack of DPS and being able to have a meaningful impact in large scale PvP.

In conclusion, I want to ensure that the class I commit to is generally able to hold its own in open world PvP. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• For those of you who have experience or have researched the game, what are your thoughts on Guardian and Mage for small scale PvP (with particular emphasis on being able to contest/defend your spot).

Well, since NA/EU reworked combat, no one can say for sure what Meta will be. So I believe you will have to wait maybe a day or two after 28th until people start figuring out what will be good.