Beast Race Transformation

• Hey Fam!

Just an idea presented by Fodemhouse when discussing Lupus/Panthera Transformations in a separate thread:

Would be an interesting feature to see ^^

Food for thought :blesswhut:

• Would be interesting to have a racial ability that allows that, but that may feel unbalanced with the other races if that isn't held in check. Might be cool as an extra "Mount Option" that allows you to run faster similar to travel form for druids or worgen in WoW.

I think if it were to work like the cat or bear forms in WoW that may be a little broken or cause an influx of the race for the extra abilities that could have impact on the race selection if the transformed abilities offered benefits to your rotation/rhythm. Now I would LOVE to see an Atavist class for those races that focus on the character working to learn to control their transformation and use it in battle as a Class. Would be another Melee DPS, imagining light armors focusing more on the ability to dodge and avoid damage. The closest human equivalent that we have to that is what was the Berserker,l a person that worked themselves up into a frenzy top such a level that they seemed to have elevated awareness and reaction times and would kill anything close by.

• Greetings @Khlandaghi

And you're right it is unbalanced aspect that does put the beast races on a higher plain, I can see where you're coming with this, I like the extra "Mount Option" idea but I feel like it could create some negative feedback from the community as it may make the taming aspect of the game just another dysfunctional feature, just a thought I had, what do you think?

When it comes to the Atavist class for the Beast races, ohhhh man, now you're on to something, that seems like an epic idea where your character can learn to harness their inner beast and eventually closer to end game gain their transformation. That would be a unique feature that would be a sweet addition for sure.

Thanks for the extra input, really appreciate it.

:blessthumb:

• I think on the mount aspect it shouldn't break anything. It's just an extra mount as desired. If there is a concern on costs or ease of getting it, similar to the Druid's flight form on WoW, then I'd say put it behind a quest with a hermit or something who has learned to control it. I think the mount collection idea is interesting, but I'm not sure I'd engage in it. on all characters I make. Honestly I do a bit of personal role play with all of my characters and have limited things that my characters do or don't get based on their backstory and personality. In games with enough content, that's even included avoiding quests that may have had good gear based on character opinion of the situation.

Back onto the hermit, maybe they are a greedy or extravagant individual, or they want to be sure that any student that takes up the training will see it through to the end. To this end, you have people that have taken the training in the past but lost themselves to their "Inner Beast" to the point of just being mindless berserk monsters acting on instinct forever instead of returning to their civilized mind.

• A class that only beast races can be would be really cool, especially one that has a transformation or brings out more of their "inner-beast". To me it seems like it would be easier to balance out than having such as a racial ability.

• I've seen things that equate to what those concepts cover. I'm not so sure it's 100% scrapped. =^_^=

Right, nothing is impossible. I mean WoW essentially does the same thing with the Worgen so it's not like it hasn't been done before. In addition they also have the Druid transformations which isn't really the same thing.