Developers Q&A Recap (September 25th)

• Developers Q&A Recap (September 25th)

• Servers experienced frequent crashes and were laggy in the beginning due to a technical problem with the server's CPU. This has been solved.
      • Downloading speed was low because it was bottlenecked. Developers opened a CDNetwork in order to improve the downloading speed. In the future, D/L speed should no longer be limited.
      • An estimated 10% of all users could not run the game; this was due to the client using up more resources than the CBT2 version, to errors during download and installation and to the user's hardware not meeting the minimum requirements.
      • There were approximately 15,000 people who downloaded the game.
      • Windows 10 is not completely supported because developers did not have enough time to optimize the game for this new OS.
      • Bless is installed on 6000 machines in internet cafes (?)
      • The developers want nine out of ten players to be able to play completely for free (the rest being cash shoppers/subscribers).
      • 625 bugs have been identified and resolved.
      • The RvR schedule was sped up to account for the limited population during the CBT. In the final version of the game, Realm Wars (aka "may scramble") will take place at longer intervals of time. Governancy currency earned was also adjusted to reflect this.
      • The difficulty of most dungeons was lowered as it was accidentally set too high to begin with.
      • Maintaining ownership of an estate will be difficult due to the complex ways in which guilds operate (explanation unclear).
      • (Speculation) Open Beta will not happen until the end of holidays in Korea (don't know which ones but this line states 블레서 여러분 모두 행복하고 풍성한 추석연휴 보내세요! which literally translates to "Stay your blades and enjoy the holidays to the max" so I'm guessing the game will not be open during holidays)
    • For final beta, the number of players who couldn't participate is appalling.

Also, for 15,000 "players", I saw almost no one, and the guilds who owned provinces were pretty small.

Seems like they have a lot of work left to do. Over 600 bugs is a nightmare given there are a lot of mechanics and quality of life things that aren't bug related and still need to be addressed.
    • There were two servers the first few days. They capped at 3 servers that were open.

Even 15k / 3 servers / two factions, I saw a total of maybe 10 players. That's...not much. Wonder how many actually played for long. I put in a lot of hours.
    • Shiverlynn wrote:

• (Speculation) Open Beta will not happen until the end of holidays in Korea (don't know which ones but this line states 블레서 여러분 모두 행복하고 풍성한 추석연휴 보내세요! which literally translates to "Stay your blades and enjoy the holidays to the max" so I'm guessing the game will not be open during holidays)

to Google it only refers to Korean Thanksgiving Day english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=811650 So nothing related to the OBT...
    • Korean Thanksgiving is next week, then no big holiday until Christmas.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/south-korea/

That said, given the sheer amount of bugs and how much of the game has never been tested by players, I really hope they don't start open beta October 1. That'd be a big mistake. The servers alone couldn't handle the influx of players.
    • <p>

Organic wrote:

Korean Thanksgiving is next week, then no big holiday until Christmas.</p>

<p>http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/south-korea/</p>

<p>That said, given the sheer amount of bugs and how much of the game has never been tested by players, I really hope they don't start open beta October 1. That'd be a big mistake. The servers alone couldn't handle the influx of players.
      You are excessivelly pessimistic... keep in mind that a LOT of the missing features are already inside the client, just not yet unlocked... also, to make run and optimize a server... is not that big deal... it will require just few expansions to be made..</p>

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Now who's being mean? :) I am never excessively anything. :) I tend to be fair, if anything.

Every MMO has server issues at open beta and launch. It's been that way for over a decade. They need a clean launch to differentiate themselves against BDO which has 95% of the spotlight right now. BLESS is very much under the radar.

Remember, they have a hard 10% failure rate. 10% of players couldn't even get the game to run. In our own groups, at least half had install issues unrelated to any language challenges, and Win10 isn't fully supported. That's a lot to fix given three days next week are holiday.

Not to mention the bugs. Pesky, numerous bugs.

I wish they'd take 2-3 months to fix major playability issues. Guess we'll see soon enough!
    • I'm not mean, i love you, you know? :P

Beside that, the game to me didn't seems to be that buggy even if i saw all the videos around from Korean people (even from one i know and it's playing Bless)... there was some problems, but not ones that require a full month to be fixed.. that is what i saw from my point of view..

• Organic wrote:

There were two servers the first few days. They capped at 3 servers that were open.

Even 15k / 3 servers / two factions, I saw a total of maybe 10 players. That's...not much. Wonder how many actually played for long. I put in a lot of hours.

Organic wrote:

Korean Thanksgiving is next week, then no big holiday until Christmas.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/south-korea/

That said, given the sheer amount of bugs and how much of the game has never been tested by players, I really hope they don't start open beta October 1. That'd be a big mistake. The servers alone couldn't handle the influx of players.

I didn't see much players either... I was playng on server 3... in which one were you playing Organic, 1?
    • I was on server 1.

I think DX9 was the safe bet. They started developing this five years ago and DX10 wasn't mainstream. Plus, this is UE3; TERA specs for the most part despite some additional custom work. MMO tech is always a couple generations old by the time it launches.
    • Organic wrote:

I was on server 1.

I think DX9 was the safe bet. They started developing this five years ago and DX10 wasn't mainstream. Plus, this is UE3; TERA specs for the most part despite some additional custom work. MMO tech is always a couple generations old by the time it launches.
      It's better. it mean that the client will require LESS hardware/software power, that will lead into a bigger playerbase...

• Organic wrote:

I was on server 1.

I saw a lot of people complaining about the game bad optimization... what do you guys think, they still need to improve the game regading this aspect? I didn't have much trouble to run the game at all, only on the first and second days, but they had a problem with the server CPU. Do you think they'll launch the game on Dx9?
    • Symeria wrote:

I saw a lot of people complaining about the game bad optimization... what do you guys think, they still need to improve the game regading this aspect? I didn't have much trouble to run the game at all, only on the first and second days, but they had a problem with the server CPU. Do you think they'll launch the game on Dx9?
      As i said, it's better. it mean that the client will require LESS hardware/software power, that will lead into a bigger playerbase...

On the other side of thinking, i "think" that they should keep the DX9 and add the DX10 too, because this will mean to keep also the older system able to play. Personally i don't like the cutout due to excessive requisite restriction.

Peria Chronicles