Guides for the Betas and so on

• Guides for the Betas and so on

Hey guys,

since the next CBT is on it's way I thought I write down some guides to at least make the initial process of login in with your probably bought account easier.

First of all - everything is subject to change. There will be a limited time window for pre-downloading and so on, so I'll try to update it as soon as I can but still I'm using the website version as of the 2nd of September 2015 to guide you to the download.

Second please use the spoiler topics to get more details about how to get things done.

Steps to get the game running:

- It is recommendend to change your system locale to Korean. This will display the korean language characters correctly and can possible prevent you from having other errors. (Please see "Displaying korean language correctly - subtopic)

- Start the Internet Explorer. Firefox is also working but Internet Explorer works best so use it!

- First of all - go to bless.pmang.com or bless.pmang.com/?intro=done (to skip the event messages)
      - When you visit the pmang site for the first time you will be asked to install an add-on for IE.
      - Install the add-on.
      - Login with your account data
      - You will then be asked to install a 2nd add-on. Install it, too.

- After that navigate to the download section by clicking on the download button.
      - Select a mirror and then the pmang game launcher (or something similar) will do the download and installation (please see the video in the sub-topic: "Downloading the client" on how to do it)
      - After that the Game Launcher will give you a message (see "Downloading the client - subtopic)

- Then navigate to the internet explorer and press "Game Start" - this is the only option on how to start the Game legally.
      - If your client is not up-to-date the pmang Game Launcher will appear again and will patch your game version.
      - After that the anti-cheat software Game Guard from n protect will update itself.
      - If your client is up-to-date Game Guard will perform a short check on client abnormalities and then launch the Bless.exe

- If nothing goes wrong you should be playing the game

Known errors:

First of all - the official help desk is: bless.pmang.com/?mKey=5&sKey=1…4 for technical problems.

-Error with XINPUT1_3.dll', 'MSVCP100.dll’, 'D3D9Device'

If you are Using Windows 10 please install direct X 9c otherwise you can't launch the game and get the errors mentioned
      You can change the dX version manually by changing the config file, however I will cover that at a later time.

-Problems with the Bless.exe

Launch Bless seems to take an incredible long time at some users. So please wait a little time in order to see if it's just taking very long or if it's not working at all.
      Please use your task manager and see if the exe is working or just being inactive. Being inactive means it doesn't work.

-Bless doesn't show up as installed program

Pmang creates a folder on the c:\ drive. If you do not install the game here the game isn't listed as a program.

- General problems with Bless, Game Start, Patching and so on

If possible change your systeme locale to Korean, use the default folder for the download and installation and then there shouldn't be any problems. Because somehow some users had problems which were solved after they used the default folder.

Displaying the Korean Language correctly

First of all you are playing a korean game. The language and software which uses korean signs are not supported by default. That means if you are going to execute any non-Unicode software you get some gibberish signs. The software still works in 99,9% of the cases, sadly Black Desert had its problems.

In order to properly display the korean language on the software you need to do the following:

- go to your control panel
      - then navigate to Clock, Language and Region
      - then Region of Language
      - Click the Administrative Tab and under Language for non-Unicode programs choose "change system locale"
      - choose "Korean" (Korea)
      - Select OK and restart your PC

or use this link: changing the system locale by Microsoft

After that your korean software properly displays korean characters

browser choice

Which browser to use?

It is best to use Internet Explorer or Firefox. Don't use Chrome as the plugins you have to install in order to login into your account require NPAPI which Chrome doesn't support anymore.

You can still use Chrome, however you have to activate NPAPI manually (every time I think) so I wouldn't recommend this. If anyone wants to know how to, leave a message.

What about the plugins I have to install?

You will require certain plugins for your browser in order to login in into your account on the website and launch the game from there.

The Internet Explorer requires the plugin "pmangax.cab" and "pmang login controll plugin". Just install them. Otherwise the site keeps rejecting your login request.

Not sure about Mozilla - will test it out later.

After that you should be fine and can proceed to the download.

[Side note:] go to: bless.pmang.com/?intro=done

and insert random gibberish like this:

you should be getting the message to install the plugin and get redirected to a site which displays an login error. So you can install the plugin without requiring a valid account.

Downlading the client

Download and further instructions

Use this little video for downloading and installing:

[Update:] please use bless.pmang.com/?intro=done and login. Then navigate to "Download" and then follow the steps which are shown in the video. The first steps from the video do not exist anymore.

After the download finishes the following message appears:

Translation:

Game Installation complete.

Please use the Game Start Button to start the game.

Official Guides

Official Guides

If you want to know something about Bless you can also use the official guides. You can find them in the following way:

go to

file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

these are the very basic guides on how to get things done.

Helpful links

For example the reddit - subforum: reddit.com/r/Bless

I will update this thread frequently if I have the time to do so. If you have any questions, problems and solutions please post here.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Nito ().

• I uploaded the client on my dropbox if someone wants it or couldn't download it yet.

Bless CBT client v.15th September 15

If you downloaded the client - please do the following steps:

Navigate to the download section (as seen in the video above) and press download. Then set the path in the download manager to the bless client folder and the download manager should check the files. If it doesn't work please you the repair function. Then it should work for you too.

Let me know if it works or not.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nito ().

• Shiverlynn wrote:

Hmm they have a Localization folder with an INT folder in it already. Nice to see they're definitely working on bringing it to the West.
      Bless is already confirmed in China and probably Russia too. So it's to be expected that they already made the proper preparation. However I can't really think of any korean game which didn't had that folder in the recent years, lol ^^

Tauriel wrote:

thanks nito ^^ <3

np <3
    • Hi ! I have a problem with the game installation. I went to thw pmang website, download the game with 1st mirror, it took me 5h to get it >.<.

After, the download, Bless ask me to install the game, I follow the instructions as usual. And, at the end I have this error (in french) : Une version plus récente de Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable a été détectée sur cet ordinateur.

The game want me that I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistribuables. I use the 2013 Redistribuables x86 12.0.30501 update........

Someone can please help me with this ? I just don't want to roll back my packages....

Thanks a lot
    • edosuki wrote:

Hi ! I have a problem with the game installation. I went to thw pmang website, download the game with 1st mirror, it took me 5h to get it >.<.

After, the download, Bless ask me to install the game, I follow the instructions as usual. And, at the end I have this error (in french) : Une version plus récente de Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable a été détectée sur cet ordinateur.

The game want me that I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistribuables. I use the 2013 Redistribuables x86 12.0.30501 update........

Someone can please help me with this ? I just don't want to roll back my packages....

Thanks a lot

You shouldn't have to roll back any of the 3 pieces of extra software required to run BLESS. It should start the install, recognize you have a higher level DirectX, etc., quickly complete that part of the installation in a few seconds, then progress to the next part.
    • I saw a Hide UI keybind while I was translating them so there's definitely one, look again through the keybinds. Do you have the English patch installed? Should make it easier to find.

Looking at the string file it should be right after the action bar keybinds and before party targeting.
    • Makina wrote:

Any idea of this error? It appears when I press "start game" button gyazo.com/d51068af08ae5c2a239b707fc939d842

That's the most common one. It says servers are down and to log in during the time when servers will be back up: 9/20/2015 between 1PM and 11PM Korean time. Servers are only up for 10 hours a day.
    • Makina wrote:

Organic wrote:

Makina wrote:

Any idea of this error? It appears when I press "start game" button gyazo.com/d51068af08ae5c2a239b707fc939d842

That's the most common one. It says servers are down and to log in during the time when servers will be back up: 9/20/2015 between 1PM and 11PM Korean time. Servers are only up for 10 hours a day.

Oh, okey. Thank you so much :)

If you weren't aware, you can download Google Translated on your cell phone. The app allows you to take a picture of text, swipe your finger over the part of the photo you want translated, and it will try to do that for you.
    • Makina wrote:

Yeah most likely the servers were down when you tried. As others said they run 10 hours a day only ! Starting at 1pm. Can't wait for the next test! which should be in a couple of hours I think!
    • jinxys wrote:

Makina wrote:

Yeah most likely the servers were down when you tried. As others said they run 10 hours a day only ! Starting at 1pm. Can't wait for the next test! which should be in a couple of hours I think!

Tonight's test starts in 23 minutes. :)
    • the text says "The game can be executed after login" not sure why you get the error when you try to login.

either try to login again or close everything (ie and pmang game launcher) and try it again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nito ().

Peria Chronicles