Mounts: Discussion and Screencaps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mounts: Discussion and Screencaps

Update:

January 19, 2013: Updated with list of mounts mentioned in ZAM's article.
      January 14, 2013: Added flightpath mount.

We've been told there will be "many" mounts, including flying mounts that will allow completely unhindered exploration. Here are a few screencaps of the ground and flying mounts we've seen thus far in the trailers and videos from Pmang/BLESS.

Hopefully there will be several additional types of ground mounts. We've seen lizard mobs; those could be a cool mount.

A. Flying Mounts
      1. Dragons/Wyverns
      2. Flightpath/Waypoint
      B. Ground Mounts
      1. Camels
      2. Elephants
      3. Horses
      4. Turtles

*****************************************************************************************
      A. Flying Mounts

1. Dragons/Wyverns

2. Flightpath/Waypoint

B. Ground Mounts

1. Camels (slow in desert, but go far)

2. Elephants

3. Horses (fastest over land)

4. Turtles (fastest across water)

The post was edited 10 times, last by Organic ().

• I honestly would rather have fewer mounts if it meant the mounts we have are animated really well. From what I've seen of the flying mounts they look like they are animated really well and feel like they are flying. I don't really want what it was like in wow. Sure wow had a bunch of cool mounts but they felt like disjointed from the rest of the world. I would be completely happy with just these two mounts as of now.

If anything I would want some sort of wagon or horse drawn carriage rather then different single person mounts.
      I believe that stories are written and read to rebel the fact that you only live once
    • The dragon mounts look so awesome! I wonder if you can pick up any mount you see or will be it a summon type thing, like most games. As weird as it might sound, I actually get quite attached to a mount for reasons I don't know lol. Especially, when I played Shadow of Colossus and your main source of transportation is your horse. You could pet it and let it drink water, you know the stuff you don't really need to do but its there for the players who want it. So, I never realized how attached I was to it until right before the last boss you have to defeat you have to travel across this bridge that breaks but the horse doesn't make it across, only you. I actually teared up when I realized it was dead and forever gone :( Its a really good game though, I recommend playing it :)
      Nothing to see here. Keep Scrolling.
    • Grom wrote:

From what I read, dragons are used jut for automated flying between waypoints.. But it could be really cool to have the opportunity fly freely around the map..
      Here you go, directly from Jacob:

Please tell us more about the flying dragon mounts showcased in trailers. Will we be able to explore freely, or are they tethered to specific paths?

As your character progresses, you will encounter these dragon mounts, or Wyverns, in a very dramatic and very specific story-driven way. Once you reach a certain level, you will be able to freely control and explore the vast and beautiful world of BLESS on top of this epic mount. There will also be plenty of other mounts in the game, many of which we will reveal in the near future.
    • The stuff about desert travel looks really cool. Hopefully you can't fly across the desert because that would make Camels useless . And I love Camels
      I believe that stories are written and read to rebel the fact that you only live once
    • Drowsie wrote:

The stuff about desert travel looks really cool. Hopefully you can't fly across the desert because that would make Camels useless . And I love Camels
      I'm wondering if we have to reach level cap before we get Wyvern mounts? In that case, all the exploration we've done before that would require mounts for that terrain type. As with all flying mount games, as soon as you can fly, it ruins the value of all the other mount types. I'm hoping the BLESS devs are taking this into account given how precise they've been about everything else.

As for camels/horses in desert...wonder if there's some kind of stamina bar? Can only sprint on mounts for so long before it runs out? That could explain why camels would work better than horses over "land".
    • I would like to see few more other flying mounts like
      gigantic birds like Falcons, Hawks, and Eagles would be nice
      Oh i would love to ride a Chimera or Manticore that would be awesome

And for ground mounts i would like to see
      Drakes (wingless dragons)
      Chimera or manticore (same as above since chimeras and manticores come in variety of looks.)

If i can remeber what else i was thinking bout i will get back to you.
    • GW2 had many complaints for having no mounts, they just use waypoints (and plenty of them) around their maps. ArenaNet's reasoning behind having no mounts, was that they wanted people to explore the beautiful surrounding world around them. I have to agree with them, but their map sections are small and easy to cross in a fair amount of time.

Now if Bless Online is as expansive as it leads to be, then I will probably saddle up on a fine steed. Although with how photo realistic and beautiful the landscape is in the world of Bless...I foresee myself doing a lot of exploring on foot.

The idea of freely flying on the back of a wyrven, is mind blowing to me and I can not wait to try it out, especially if it something that ties into the story, making it more meaningful.

Needless to say...I can't wait! :D
    Peria Chronicles