Major Reasons I'm Excited for Bless! (May is around the corner!)

• Major Reasons I'm Excited for Bless! (May is around the corner!)

I just made a video called Why You Should Play Bless Online

The goal of it is to hype up and inform the Bless newcomers or those sitting on the fence, by explaining some of the main reasons I am looking forward to Bless!

Though I really think it is detailed enough that Bless veterans will enjoy it as well!

Let me know what you think! What are the main reasons you are looking forward to Bless?
    • Great video dude very simple to grasp and very informative it has defo made me even more hyped :) im looking foward to bless my self as it just stands out to me more than other mmo's that are out there i dont get that theme park feel from bless.
    • Hitokiri wrote:

Great video dude very simple to grasp and very informative it has defo made me even more hyped :) im looking foward to bless my self as it just stands out to me more than other mmo's that are out there i dont get that theme park feel from bless.
      Thank you! Glad it got you more excited! Yeah Bless has enough layers to it, that it sort of breaks up the themepark monotony.
    • Nice video Izkimar

I know that u are a very good competitive PvP player and I hope that at the end Bless will be fine for you !!
      I really like how u've mastered your mage in GW2 ;)

The video is really nice and it feels good to see global positive comments for Bless !!!!

But on the other side, just a few details :

- 3v3 arena competitive ladder :
      I haven't seen any ladder in Bless PvP ... no matchmaking for better match in arena or elsewhere ... nothing (in any version)
      But I hope they will add some ladder for more PvP motivation (between guilds and players)

- World Boss or "PvEvP zone" (like Basel) :
      They need to add more rewards in open map for having more PvP fights
      Basel zone is pretty empty on JP for example (coz reward sux) ... while on RU version there was a lot of PvP there
      I hope that there will be a lot of OpenPvP after the leveling phase !! Not as the JP version

- Build diversity :
      I don't think that there are a lot of build on Bless skill system
      There are a few builds for mage but it's not really the case for all classes (u will take often ~5-6 core skills in any build)
      Like Ranger have "almost" the same build for all content ... 1 deck is enough
      But the Steam version should be very different (in interview) and more customise possibilities (hope something like BnS skill where u can have different version of same skill)

- Equipment, runes :
      Atm the Rune system on JP version is the worst thing ever
      The RNG on rune slot is pretty boring and with this system, all players try to have full offensive rune slots
      The endgame PvP (and PvE) is corrupt because of that (players are 2-shoted in PvP)

- Dungeons :
      The first 43 dungeon (Nigraturis) is pretty hard, lot of trash mobs (AE classes needed) and boss are difficult ... mostly because we don't have a lot of stuff at this stage ("fresh 45")
      But after, others dungeons and raid are easier than Nigraturis

But all these particular bad things could change easily on Steam version ... if the dev' have listened well all the different feedbacks of the JP version :thumbsup:

Look forward to being in May !! 8o
    • I've been around for a while and mostly I'm interested in seeing what they do with the game. I've never really truly understood the lore either so I'm really looking forward to actually being able to understand the story.
    • New

Berkshi wrote:

Nice video Izkimar

I know that u are a very good competitive PvP player and I hope that at the end Bless will be fine for you !!
      I really like how u've mastered your mage in GW2 ;)

The video is really nice and it feels good to see global positive comments for Bless !!!!

But on the other side, just a few details :

- 3v3 arena competitive ladder :
      I haven't seen any ladder in Bless PvP ... no matchmaking for better match in arena or elsewhere ... nothing (in any version)
      But I hope they will add some ladder for more PvP motivation (between guilds and players)

- World Boss or "PvEvP zone" (like Basel) :
      They need to add more rewards in open map for having more PvP fights
      Basel zone is pretty empty on JP for example (coz reward sux) ... while on RU version there was a lot of PvP there
      I hope that there will be a lot of OpenPvP after the leveling phase !! Not as the JP version

- Build diversity :
      I don't think that there are a lot of build on Bless skill system
      There are a few builds for mage but it's not really the case for all classes (u will take often ~5-6 core skills in any build)
      Like Ranger have "almost" the same build for all content ... 1 deck is enough
      But the Steam version should be very different (in interview) and more customise possibilities (hope something like BnS skill where u can have different version of same skill)

- Equipment, runes :
      Atm the Rune system on JP version is the worst thing ever
      The RNG on rune slot is pretty boring and with this system, all players try to have full offensive rune slots
      The endgame PvP (and PvE) is corrupt because of that (players are 2-shoted in PvP)

- Dungeons :
      The first 43 dungeon (Nigraturis) is pretty hard, lot of trash mobs (AE classes needed) and boss are difficult ... mostly because we don't have a lot of stuff at this stage ("fresh 45")
      But after, others dungeons and raid are easier than Nigraturis

But all these particular bad things could change easily on Steam version ... if the dev' have listened well all the different feedbacks of the JP version :thumbsup:

Look forward to being in May !! 8o
      Thank you!

- PvP Ladder: I guess I was confusing PvP ladder with being a 3v3 ladder.
      - I think that we seek open PvP more in the West so Basel should be pretty active.
      - Assassin had a lot of builds, but yeah like 3-4 core skills that were present in most builds, Paladin can build a lot of ways, Guardian can build a lot of ways, Mage is by far the most diverse, I haven't played enough on Ranger to comment on them, and Berserker was by far the most limited from what I've heard. "One of my guild members spent a lot of time on Zerker theorycrafting."
      - I agree with Runes, especially double slot Runes. They are the most game breaking thing right now.
      - Mechanically from what I've seen and talked to others about, I think the 2nd dungeon would actually be harder. But I don't think it's actually that the dungeon is easier, it's a matter of the issue you pointed to in Runes. Runes are breaking the game, and whenever you have gear the dungeons and even the Raid become way too easy. It's because Power Scaling is out of control.

I am also looking forward to May, and really hope they applied all the feedback they have been receiving! Thank you for the in depth response/feedback to the video, I am very grateful for it!
    • New

Izkimar wrote:

Thank you!
      - PvP Ladder: I guess I was confusing PvP ladder with being a 3v3 ladder.
      - I think that we seek open PvP more in the West so Basel should be pretty active.
      - Assassin had a lot of builds, but yeah like 3-4 core skills that were present in most builds, Paladin can build a lot of ways, Guardian can build a lot of ways, Mage is by far the most diverse, I haven't played enough on Ranger to comment on them, and Berserker was by far the most limited from what I've heard. "One of my guild members spent a lot of time on Zerker theorycrafting."
      - I agree with Runes, especially double slot Runes. They are the most game breaking thing right now.
      - Mechanically from what I've seen and talked to others about, I think the 2nd dungeon would actually be harder. But I don't think it's actually that the dungeon is easier, it's a matter of the issue you pointed to in Runes. Runes are breaking the game, and whenever you have gear the dungeons and even the Raid become way too easy. It's because Power Scaling is out of control.

I am also looking forward to May, and really hope they applied all the feedback they have been receiving! Thank you for the in depth response/feedback to the video, I am very grateful for it!
      I think Runes eventually will be taken out of the game entirely. They were broken in the KR version too and unless they are drastically changed, then they need to be taken out.
    • New

I think having Runes in general isn't bad. It's a compounded issue right now. Ability scaling off of power is really really high, and there is also access to huge amounts of power through runes.

They need to hit one or the other, or ideally both lol.
    • New

Izkimar wrote:

I think having Runes in general isn't bad. It's a compounded issue right now. Ability scaling off of power is really really high, and there is also access to huge amounts of power through runes.

They need to hit one or the other, or ideally both lol.
      It depends how they implement it. Potentially it could amount to be similar to jewels in WoW or Materia in FFXIV. It's worked in several games, so it's not like there isn't a precedent for it.
    • New

Something I've been looking over is what is going to be available on release, based on the Bless Online website. So far, GvG and Territory War stuff hasn't been mentioned either on the website or the Steam store.

Really, how little is actually being released may, as there hasn't been information released (That I can find) and the Website and Steam store is showcasing very little. I mean, there's already 2 classes excluded, what else haven't they said I wonder?
    • New

ScottHK wrote:

Something I've been looking over is what is going to be available on release, based on the Bless Online website. So far, GvG and Territory War stuff hasn't been mentioned either on the website or the Steam store.

Really, how little is actually being released may, as there hasn't been information released (That I can find) and the Website and Steam store is showcasing very little. I mean, there's already 2 classes excluded, what else haven't they said I wonder?
      Yeah, but then again they have said almost nothing about what we will be getting across the board lol. So who knows what we will get at the start of Early Access.
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

I think Runes eventually will be taken out of the game entirely. They were broken in the KR version too and unless they are drastically changed, then they need to be taken out.

The problem is, if u remove all rune system, that players will no need to farm their endgame stuff

I see a lot of streamers with last dungeon armor but shitty runes slots and have half of my spellpower
      Having attackpower on armor for a caster it's useless :/
      Most of ure power come from runes

The RNG on runes slots is THE endgame farm in Bless
      U need the first one BiS and after with enchanting u need luck for the 2nd one ... repeat if not

So
      - if u remove the rune system, u will be max stuff in a few days, and players will leave the game coz they have nothing to farm
      - if u remove the 2nd rune slots, people will not enchant +15 their gear ... coz the +enchant upgrade is not very important except for rune slot

I think a solution could be to nerf the "power" runes and buff "stam/defense/resistance" runes

There will be more diversity between player (some want to have max power but glasscanon ... others could be full HP etc etc)

Or come back to "old" system with more "defense slot" on armor and "offense slot" on weapon/jewel

Runes need to be just a few % of your endgame power/resistance, the last optimisation ... not the 80% like on JP
    • New

The Pet system will be interesting, but a bit of it is cribed of the original Pet system of the MMO Riders of Icarus.

I played Tera for over 2 Years. It was nice to play 90% of the time with PvE on a PvE Server. But now Im missing the duo of PvE and PvP and Bless is nearly like Aion with open world I would say. So I played Aion for 5 years. Lots of fun. :blesslove:

Another point: I missed a lot of PvP games with a really needed Healer class. In BDO and B and S and GW2 and Skyforge you have supporter classes but they are only a "nice to have" and not a "must have" in a good PvP Squad.

So most of all: Bless brings something for everyone: Crafting system, holy trinity (Tank, Heal, DD), varying PvE Dungeons, varying PvP Arena, Open world PvP, PvE bottle as a PvP shield for no PvPer, Lots of different Pets and mounts with different skills, a nice Continental with south and north territory, big GvG and 100v100 Battlefields and an interesting story for RP.
      Gilde PanterFaust

------------------------------
      Steam --- Youtube --- Smule :blesssad:
    • New

Berkshi wrote:

The problem is, if u remove all rune system, that players will no need to farm their endgame stuff

I see a lot of streamers with last dungeon armor but shitty runes slots and have half of my spellpower
      Having attackpower on armor for a caster it's useless :/
      Most of ure power come from runes

The RNG on runes slots is THE endgame farm in Bless
      U need the first one BiS and after with enchanting u need luck for the 2nd one ... repeat if not

So
      - if u remove the rune system, u will be max stuff in a few days, and players will leave the game coz they have nothing to farm
      - if u remove the 2nd rune slots, people will not enchant +15 their gear ... coz the +enchant upgrade is not very important except for rune slot

I think a solution could be to nerf the "power" runes and buff "stam/defense/resistance" runes

There will be more diversity between player (some want to have max power but glasscanon ... others could be full HP etc etc)

Or come back to "old" system with more "defense slot" on armor and "offense slot" on weapon/jewel

Runes need to be just a few % of your endgame power/resistance, the last optimisation ... not the 80% like on JP
      Not really. I don't know of any game where you have to farm for a rune equivalent system. In both FFXIV and WoW, the equivalent is purchased. Remember that one of the objectives of end game is to farm gear. Gear is a tangible reward with visible, and often aesthetic, benefits. Removing runes wouldn't really taking away from end game.
    • New

It's not the case in Bless, or Aion, Archeage, Tera for examples ... where the ultimate gear depend to the enchanting/regrading and/or rune/gem success

We are not in Wow or FF

The "base" stuff is pretty easy to obtain (in each dungeon) in Bless and mainly too coz there isn't BoE or BoP

U can buy ton of armor at AH, with crappy rune slots without put your feet in dungeon or raid ... lot of players do that but it's more or less useless without BiS runes

Do u really think that players will stay and play for a long time if they just need few golds (or just a few dungeon runs) for having max stuff (without consideration of runes slots or enchanting) ??

Players often "need" some RNG for endgame stuff/farm ... RNG on %drop chance in dungeon, RNG for regrading, no matter (if it's not stuff, it's reputation, honor point, ladder, etc) ... all these shits that force u to farm again and again, and connect IG every days

On JP the RNG is on rune slot ... on RU/KR it was on rune enhancement (slot was fixed) ... different ways but same result : farm farm farm against RNG

So now, if u JUST remove the rune system without adding another "farm requirement" in Bless, the game will be empty in a few weeks, coz there isn't real endgame (pve and pvp) on JP except trying to have BiS runes (and legendary pet/mount)
    • New

Berkshi wrote:

It's not the case in Bless, or Aion, Archeage, Tera for examples ... where the ultimate gear depend to the enchanting/regrading and/or rune/gem success

We are not in Wow or FF

The "base" stuff is pretty easy to obtain (in each dungeon) in Bless and mainly too coz there isn't BoE or BoP

U can buy ton of armor at AH, with crappy rune slots without put your feet in dungeon or raid ... lot of players do that but it's more or less useless without BiS runes

Do u really think that players will stay and play for a long time if they just need few golds (or just a few dungeon runs) for having max stuff (without consideration of runes slots or enchanting) ??

Players often "need" some RNG for endgame stuff/farm ... RNG on %drop chance in dungeon, RNG for regrading, no matter (if it's not stuff, it's reputation, honor point, ladder, etc) ... all these shits that force u to farm again and again, and connect IG every days

On JP the RNG is on rune slot ... on RU/KR it was on rune enhancement (slot was fixed) ... different ways but same result : farm farm farm against RNG

So now, if u JUST remove the rune system without adding another "farm requirement" in Bless, the game will be empty in a few weeks, coz there isn't real endgame (pve and pvp) on JP except trying to have BiS runes (and legendary pet/mount)
      You need to remember that WoW and FFXIV are the beasts in the room. Many games borrowed from WoW because of it's commercial success. If you don't think Neowiz will look to borrow, then that's just silly. Now that doesn't mean that Neowiz won't create anything new or unique but as was previously stated the rune system is nothing new. As far as RNG goes, there is nothing wrong with having it but there is a fine line between how much is acceptable and too much RNG. Neowiz needs to find a healthy balance of instant gratification and RNG in order to keep its playerbase, both casual and hardcore, happy.
    • New

Berkshi wrote:

We are not in Wow or FF

I hope there will be no RNG in Bless, while still having enough content to play before making it to "endgame" or simply being "maxed out".
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.