Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Curious about release date and classes

• New

Sarcastic wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

This is true but my point is there won't be much difference in leveling time. Tanks and healers can offset the time leveling in short dungeon queues, assuming dungeons are good XP. Recovery might not be an option but I know many DPS will have issue with queues, at least initially. It will even out eventually but they are going to have to implement something for people to do the earlier dungeons since currently there is no real incentive to do them beyond the initial quest and level/gear curve.
      It could be, but I think there are other ways to level up. Anyway, the point was to try to explain why is a risky thing to improve mystic too much.Leveling in dungeons for mystics maybe won't be and issue cause they are healers in queues most of the time, but if they are a little less more wanted than paladin in 5 people common dungeons I think they can not complain for the many points I said before.
      I know it isn´t Bless Online, but:

Tera Online (2012/2013) - there were also 2 healer classes: Priest and Mystic.
      Priest was the better AOE-Healer and the better Carry class for PvE-Party.
      Mystic was more the Support-healer. More focus to HoT-healing and CRIT + MP auras /buffs for the party.

In old times you could play with both every dungeon, but with Mystic you had to have a good party with you, cause it was more difficult to heal a whole party as Mystic.
      So all in all there were more Priests around in PvE-parties than Mystics.

Today the Mystic class is so bolted and sexed up in the last few years, that you can heal solo every 5 or 7 man dungeon.
      Another statement is that you had in old times 19 meter range to target-heals. Today the Mystic has 27 - 32 meter range. The Priest 19 - 22 meter.
      Today the Mystic is the brain-afk class in PvE.

What I´m goin´to say is: Both healer classes can be in any party together or heal solo. So I think it could be also in Bless Online. Paladin Heal and Mystic Heal.
      I heard Mystic has 2 wonderful auras to buff the party. And maybe there could be some dungeons, where AOE-healing is more needed than a Paladin with like 2 AOE-heals?

I also heard for EU/NA release that a lot of people want to play as Mystic Heal and not much as a Paladin Heal. So I think it doesn´t matter which healer will be in a random party. They will be pleased to have any healer.
      Same goes to Tanks.
      In Bless Dungeon Tool (JP) with the 3 ways (Tank, DPS, Healer): It is written: Tank - possible classes: Guardian, Paladin, Berserk.
      I don´t know much about Bless Berserk class, but when there is no Guardian/Paladin around, a Berserk has also the chance to be Tank.
      I think it is really awesome, that in this game will be more than only one class to staff a RPG role. So a lot of classes has the chance to take more than 1 role.

If there would be ever any party which would say "we already have a Paladin healer." and YOU are Mystic. Than you have the Chance to take the DPS-Support-role. You support with your AOE-heals the Paladin Healer and support with your party buffs/auras. Or you take the role of a half-DPS, an allrounder, AOE-heals, buffs and dmg.

It could be funny to do it the other way: Mystic main heal, Paladin as DPS Core and support, but with a handful of strong solo target heals or shields.

In Aion Online, since the game was released (2008/2009) till today: the combination of a Cleric (AOE-heal and Purge) and a Chanter (supporter-heal) or Cleric and Songweaver (DPS-Support, Purge and handful heals) or Chanter and Songweaver you can see often in any PvE or PvP dungeon/arena.

A healer, doesn´t matter which class, is ever needed. And like I said: a party is pleased with any Healer and Tank they can find.
      Gilde PanterFaust

------------------------------
      Steam --- Twitch.TV --- Youtube --- Smule :blesssad:

The post was edited 5 times, last by midnasan ().

• New

midnasan wrote:

I also heard for EU/NA release that a lot of people want to play as Mystic Heal and not much as a Paladin Heal. So I think it doesn´t matter which healer will be in a random party. They will be pleased to have any healer.
      Same goes to Tanks.
      In Bless Dungeon Tool (JP) with the 3 ways (Tank, DPS, Healer): It is written: Tank - possible classes: Guardian, Paladin, Berserk.
      I don´t know much about Bless Berserk class, but when there is no Guardian/Paladin around, a Berserk has also the chance to be Tank.
      I think it is really awesome, that in this game will be more than only one class to staff a RPG role. So a lot of classes has the chance to take more than 1 role.

If there would be ever any party which would say "we already have a Paladin healer." and YOU are Mystic. Than you have the Chance to take the DPS-Support-role. You support with your AOE-heals the Paladin Healer and support with your party buffs/auras. Or you take the role of a half-DPS, an allrounder, AOE-heals, buffs and dmg.

It could be funny to do it the other way: Mystic main heal, Paladin as DPS Core and support, but with a handful of strong solo target heals or shields.

In Aion Online, since the game was released (2008/2009) till today: the combination of a Cleric (AOE-heal and Purge) and a Chanter (supporter-heal) or Cleric and Songweaver (DPS-Support, Purge and handful heals) or Chanter and Songweaver you can see often in any PvE or PvP dungeon/arena.

A healer, doesn´t matter which class, is ever needed. And like I said: a party is pleased with any Healer and Tank they can find.
      I can say with absolute certainty that Paladin will never be a Core DPS. Of all the classes Paladin has the lowest DPS output. As for where classes lay on the role chart depends on a few things but mostly how the community develops it. There of course will be players who min/max but for some people, as you say, they might make compromises to finish stuff more quickly and thus take less efficient options into dungeons or raids.As far as tanks go, Paladin specially has the ability to tank as well as heal with a fair amount of threat based abilities. Guardian definitely is the core tank for the game but I suppose if you specced properly it could be a DPS but it's DPS is 2nd lowest only beaten by Paladin. Berserker has a lot of AOE and probably the most of the melee classes in the game but I don't really know how it could tank outside of sheer damage output. From what I've seen is has no basic threat skills which pose a problem for people who want to use it to tank. I can't speak for the healers but this should clarify things from a tank perspective.