Class Discord Servers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Class Discord Servers

New

I was thinking that a great idea to get people help with their classes would be to make discord servers specifically for classes, kind of like what BDO has. It's a great way to have pinned FAQ's and skill builds so that if anyone needs help with those, they have a very quick reference. Also, any questions could be answered quickly for people without having to do a bunch of searching just to find outdated information.
    • New

I've seen this attempted in a few other recent MMORPG releases and it's just hardly ever really viable for games like this. Class specific text channels on main game discord will work much better for a game like Bless, imo. For BDO and WoW, it makes sense where there's a few thousand players for one specific class active on media sites and players can have lengthy discussions on the many variants that make up skills/stat/gear/reputation builds, etc. For Bless, we don't even have given stats to allocate, it's much more simple. Gear and skill point allocation make up a character's limits and abilities. That on top of the little playerbase we have now (and I don't think Bless will have a great playerbase in Global either, maybe for the first few weeks, it will) I think it's just going to be 8 discords with 10-15 members each, to be honest.

I will add to to the suggestion and say that a discord for all classes might work better. Take me for example, I have played multiple classes to near 45 and would be able to provide input in discussions/help for them. For sure, I'd rather join just 1 instead of 6+ different discord servers.

Cheers!
    • New

Nocht wrote:

I've seen this attempted in a few other recent MMORPG releases and it's just hardly ever really viable for games like this. Class specific text channels on main game discord will work much better for a game like Bless, imo. For BDO and WoW, it makes sense where there's a few thousand players for one specific class active on media sites and players can have lengthy discussions on the many variants that make up skills/stat/gear/reputation builds, etc. For Bless, we don't even have given stats to allocate, it's much more simple. Gear and skill point allocation make up a character's limits and abilities. That on top of the little playerbase we have now (and I don't think Bless will have a great playerbase in Global either, maybe for the first few weeks, it will) I think it's just going to be 8 discords with 10-15 members each, to be honest.

I will add to to the suggestion and say that a discord for all classes might work better. Take me for example, I have played multiple classes to near 45 and would be able to provide input in discussions/help for them. For sure, I'd rather join just 1 instead of 6+ different discord servers.

Cheers!
      That's true, forgot how simplified it really is in this game with the only real variants I could see being runes and skill builds, which could end up being the pinned posts. But yeah, I could see a single discord server with different channels for each class. I think any kind of single area that has consolidated information on classes would work. I think ANYTHING would be helpful at this point.
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

I think this idea is best reserved for forums. IMHO, Class specific discord channels are a bit much.
      I think what Nocht mentioned, a single discord server with separate channels for each class, would be a better solution than forums and individual class discord servers. It will be an easier way to find updated information for a class by pinning things in that class' channel with a much easier layout to ask questions. Any change to a class, just update the information really quick and then it's available for everyone as opposed to having to go through and edit the forum that people then have to sift through everything to find it and they won't even know if it's updated. Class servers were used in Black Desert and it was so much more reliable than the class forums. Typically forums are just full of people bitching and complaining with outdated information.
    • New

I think this would be a very good idea, will also help less knowledgeable players perhaps understand the meta of suggested build to their class (or too lazy to read the skill descriptions ;) ). I believe Nocht suggestion would be an easier and smarter way to go about it, instead of having separate discord servers, just 1 server with a channel dedicated to each class is fine.

I also feel if it is properly regulated with an admin i feel it will be beneficial. However there is nothing stopping people from just giving the top tips/guides to their guilds only. Which is still fine.