Official TwitchCon recap and FAQ!

• Giangold wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

I'm not sure this game could survive on B2P. Is BDO just B2P or is there an item mall too? I think it depends on how they'd approach that model.
      BDOs Item Shop is very expansive. You can buy Costumes for 20€+, but you can also buy random skilled pets which help you to collect all the loot on the ground.Buff furniture, weight, Inventory, storage expansion. So yeah ... you pay for the client but in it's heart it's just an f2p game.
      I'm not sure how many people would buy this game out of the gate. Especially since it's had it's struggles. FFXIV had the same track record and it took some time before people started buying the game after it rebuilt itself.
    • This game isn't "quality" enough to be B2P in my opinion. BDO is understandable because the "graphics and combat" alone attracted a lot of players to pay $30 or $20 (cant remember for the cheapest) for the game which that alone is cheap compared to the typical $60 game.

I love Bless, I really do and i don't mind spending 100 bucks for the "best" package it will most likely have. But overall I don't think the game will succeed with it being B2P, it will push away a lot of players.

The game already has the same system as BDO where trading is disabled and auction house prices are set, so there will not be any gold spammers/bots running around.
    • I would personally want it to be both buy-to-play AND sub based like how WoW vanilla was, as this should eradicate any pay-to-win elements from the game. But as you guys have already said, the game just isn't well known enough and doesn't have the quality to succeed with this payment method. Free-to-play is probably what it will end up with a cash shop unfortunately, whether it's pay-to-win remains to be seen, but I just hope it doesn't come with those awful RNG loot boxes like in ArcheAge.
    • They already stated that they will not go with the P2W model in the cash shop in their Steam FAQ from last week. It may come in the far future but not at launch (which is what matters anyway since thats when its the most balanced in mmos)
    • Just throwing my two cents in there.

If they were to go the "Free 2 Play" route: I'd like to see a partnership option that opens up all the features of the game without a daily cap (unlimited dungeon runs, auction house listings, etc.). Maybe a daily allotment of cash shop currency for fun cosmetic items.

If they go "Buy 2 Play": honestly, a lot of the same as the Free 2 Play route, but a lower initial purchase price. Maybe $10? Then see above.

Subscription Model: I honestly don't think this route will work for Bless Online, but BUT I would like to be proven wrong. I much prefer Sub Model games, I'm just nervous that the amount of hardship this game has had over the past few years might deter players if a $15 sub was slapped onto the game. Especially if there is a box price purchase on top of the Sub.

Again, I would LOVE to be proven wrong. Have a subscription model with the cosmetic / cash shop items attainable through In Game means (crafters and AH items) is best for the game economy in my opinion.

WITH THAT SAID:

I'm setting aside money to get the highest package (reasonable) that they offer. I've been waiting for this game since 2011 and the way Neowiz has listened/interacted with the community has me hopeful. So I will be supporting the game as best I can. I don't even really need early access.
    • I'm gonna have to agree. If you guys want to support Bless then do so from the get go. The game's lifespan is going to depend highly on early success so it really needs to have a nice support base from open. We have to hope that Beta brings around a lot of people. I really hope they pull this off, I've really been looking forward to it.
    • Korealer wrote:

They already stated that they will not go with the P2W model in the cash shop in their Steam FAQ from last week. It may come in the far future but not at launch (which is what matters anyway since thats when its the most balanced in mmos)
      I might be a bit skeptical but I'll believe it when I see it. Trion said exactly the same thing about Archeage and look how that turned out. Pretty sure other games as well, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up until I see the actual cash shop items at launch.
    • BlessThisMess wrote:

Korealer wrote:

They already stated that they will not go with the P2W model in the cash shop in their Steam FAQ from last week. It may come in the far future but not at launch (which is what matters anyway since thats when its the most balanced in mmos)
      I might be a bit skeptical but I'll believe it when I see it. Trion said exactly the same thing about Archeage and look how that turned out. Pretty sure other games as well, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up until I see the actual cash shop items at launch.
      P2W exists because developers use it as an easy way to monetize the game. Some argue it's a way for newer players to catch up or for other players to take advantage of and get ahead. You can definitely count on there being an item mall. But as it stands right now there isn't any P2W elements in the item mall.
    • Right, there are no super pay2win items in the cash shop currently in japan and korea (although korea doesnt count because the re-build server is for testing purposes only)

But before pre-rebuild on the main server, nothing was pay2win.
    • Just my 2 Cent on this

IMO Bless on Steam should be F2P but with a cash shop of course, not a cash shop filled with pay to win items but a cash shop none the less to keep the game running with cosmetic items and QOL items like more bag space or a cool looking mount or something.

As far as letting fans test any early stages they should just have people sign up with an e-mail address and pick like i don't know 50 different people at random a week until they feel like enough feedback has been given and every area of the game has been tested. Then to stress test there servers do a week long open beta with as many people that want to play on then do all the founders pack early access 3 day head start stuff once as many bugs or translation errors have been ironed out.

Again this is just my opinion so please feel free to argue away with me if yours is different
    • In my opnion it could be b2p or f2p, I would play it either way. Maybe f2p is less risky cause people are use to play it for free in other countries and probably new people won't try it if they have to pay for it because of the not good history this game has (KO, RU, Aeria, etc).
      If they want to get an extra income I think it would be a good idea to do an early access b2p with exclusives gifts such as skin weapons and costumes, etc,and after that f2p.
    • Sarcastic wrote:

In my opnion it could be b2p or f2p, I would play it either way. Maybe f2p is less risky cause people are use to play it for free in other countries and probably new people won't try it if they have to pay for it because of the not good history this game has (KO, RU, Aeria, etc).
      If they want to get an extra income I think it would be a good idea to do an early access b2p with exclusives gifts such as skin weapons and costumes, etc,and after that f2p.
      Yer dude i am gonna play weather its b2p or f2p.... but i think f2p would be better in the long run just for the fact not everyone would be comfortable or able to pay say $39.99 on a game at least with f2p and a cosmetic/qol cash shop everyone can enjoy the game and to my understanding you can get everything in game just from playing over time that you can buy in the cash shop any way, and then for the hardcore fan's/players make an early access founders pack kinda thing with some nice outfits and a mount or something its a win win then
    • For me my favoured would be open beta before launch get as many people playing to test it out for a month and after Open beta has finished wipe everyones accounts and the server to allow fresh accounts and servers for launch. Then offer founders pack for launch that allow lets say 1 or 2 days headstart before everyone starts to lesson the strain on servers and lesson the lag in the starting zones and its not just some hectic crazy leveling rush that makes it more annoying, i believe BNS did this and it worked out very well although i quit bns 4 months after release as it got boring having the top gear in the game 6 hours after new content was released lmao

I forgot to mention, keep the game F2P, i dont want B2P, i dont want p2w (although preventing p2w is easy). I want bless to be super active which is why i want it to be f2p. HOWEVER to support the company maybe have something like rift in terms of subscription, the more money you put into the cash shop the more rare goodies you get, so your not only buying an outfit or pet you are unlocking maybe a premium/ exclusive/loyalty based pet outfit etc etc (having stages of course for that).