Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Bless is coming to Steam in 2018

• Just remembering BDO EU servers were totally devastated by the amount of players. Total Desync in some places which made the game unplayable on prime time.

On the other hand ArcheAge which was QueueAge for most people (not me - logged in remotely from work desk and when I came home I was always 10mins away from playing).

Yeah any mmo had his fair share of problems. Since Bless has this nice feature I'd love to call transition - moving from the more or less open world into an instanced area quickly (depending on your quest status) makes things far easier than normal games (Tera and it infamous island of dawn quests, etc.).
    • denatherion wrote:

Guys i Need help so much please come to my post
      Guys can't get the lunchear to work help me please Screen shot here.
      Gave you some input on your thread.
    • Oh, what a TRUE blessing (no pun intended) that BLESS is coming in 2018! I among many others have been waiting a LONG time for this. I have high expectations for this game and hope it can blow FFXIV and WoW right out of the water! I just hope for early 2018 and NOT the end of the year!
    • BlessThisMess wrote:

I dont see where it says june/july in that link, but if it is the case then its not too bad, but isn't too good either.
      On page 50 the games have a placeholder for june 2018, after the bless online the games start with july/august placeholder.
      I mean in the end it's just an placeholder maybe we get bless earlier.
    • Munchkin wrote:

Oh, what a TRUE blessing (no pun intended) that BLESS is coming in 2018! I among many others have been waiting a LONG time for this. I have high expectations for this game and hope it can blow FFXIV and WoW right out of the water! I just hope for early 2018 and NOT the end of the year!
      Don't count on it. WoW and FFXIV are coming from established IP's with very large audiences of appeal. Bless is coming from a much smaller studio with a smaller game selection. My hopes is that the game succeeds and that is has a large enough audience to support it. I don't think populations around XIV/WoW are a good thing. Too many people are not always a good thing, imho.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Don't count on it. WoW and FFXIV are coming from established IP's with very large audiences of appeal. Bless is coming from a much smaller studio with a smaller game selection. My hopes is that the game succeeds and that is has a large enough audience to support it. I don't think populations around XIV/WoW are a good thing. Too many people are not always a good thing, imho.
      Agreed.

At this point, Warcraft and FF are both huge brands and everyone has heard of them. While I personally don't find these two games particularly amazing, I can't deny they have been around for a while and thus, now offer a lot of content for every type of player, including but not limited to PvE and PvP.

Bless is fairly new and is certainly on the "lighter" side of things when it comes to actual game content. You've got questing, some dungeons, PvP... and that's about it. I guess you could add taming and exploration to some extent, but we'd still be nowhere near what older and well established titans can offer.

I'm still eager to play it, just because we're in the middle of a MMO drought right now. I need something new, fresh, interesting and that isn't one of these dumbed down mobile games that are slowly starting to invade the market.
      Please excuse the bad Engrish. I'm still learning !
    • Lileen wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Agreed.
      At this point, Warcraft and FF are both huge brands and everyone has heard of them. While I personally don't find these two games particularly amazing, I can't deny they have been around for a while and thus, now offer a lot of content for every type of player, including but not limited to PvE and PvP.

Bless is fairly new and is certainly on the "lighter" side of things when it comes to actual game content. You've got questing, some dungeons, PvP... and that's about it. I guess you could add taming and exploration to some extent, but we'd still be nowhere near what older and well established titans can offer.

I'm still eager to play it, just because we're in the middle of a MMO drought right now. I need something new, fresh, interesting and that isn't one of these dumbed down mobile games that are slowly starting to invade the market.
      I think this game will most likely follow a track similar to BNS. In fact it's pretty much had much of the same issues BNS had before westernizing. Bless has already attracted a lot of negative attention but hopefully the rebuild, and subsequent steam announcement has squashed some of it. Luckily some MMO's have had a good experience going back and changing things. We can only hope that Bless will be sharing in that experience.
    • (Sorry if someone asked this already)

Did we get any clarification on whether or not they will be sticking with the original Korean voice acting and just translating text into English, or are they planning on re-doing the whole 9 yards?
    • It's hard to say as they haven't said anything. They could do what Elsword did and allow for Korean voice overs with English subtitles. That would be the quickest way to localize without having to hire new voice actors. I'm not sure how many people would like this though since not everyone likes to read subtitles.
    • Pentrep wrote:

It's hard to say as they haven't said anything. They could do what Elsword did and allow for Korean voice overs with English subtitles. That would be the quickest way to localize without having to hire new voice actors. I'm not sure how many people would like this though since not everyone likes to read subtitles.
      Yea that's what I'm hoping they'll do. I'm sure the number of people just wanting to play the game ASAP is faaaaaar greater than the few people who are bothered by subtitles. That's really a very minor issue.

The KR voice acting has already been done with great care and time. So scrambling to get voice acting in English will result in the usual train-wreck of miserable voice acting that always happens when games get localized. In my opinion, crappy voice acting and delayed release would be more detrimental to the game than anything else, considering the game relies heavily on voice acting.

This also should be taken into consideration when the KR server gets an expansion. Dealing with recording English VA would delay any update we get to our server. Keeping the Korean VA and translating the text/subs into English is the best course of action at this point. This game is already getting old and they can't afford to waste any time.

(I hope someone from Noewiz reads this)