downloading ru - is this normal?

• downloading ru - is this normal?

whats happening is, when i launch 101xp itll download bless at 1mb/s with 23 hours eta, then slow down within 5 minutes to 0mb/s, with eta switching between 186 hours, 564 hours, and 'unknown'. i allowed 101xp thru my firewall when prompted. the longest i left it running was 6 hours to see if the download would pick up somehow, but it just stayed at 0mbp/s and 0.52 - 0.55mb totally downloaded

it also flickers when downloading, so itll say 0.35 one second then change to 0.32 or 0.28 or something.

im in scotland right now if location means anything haha

thank you for any help, i cant wait to play this game, ive been trying since yesterday but its being so difficult.

edit: closed 101xp and reopened, got download speeds of 4mbp/s

then it stopped :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Osomatsu ().

• In my case my ISP blocks all torrent traffic and unfortunately 101xp launcher does not use encrypted connection.

If you are stil getting low speeds try to find *.torrent file (usually inside "/{UserName}/Roaming/101xp/downloads" (this is how it looks like in my computer) and try to open that file in legit torrent client where you can enforce encryption.

In my case speeds on launcher were 0.02kb/s and in BitNova Client 800kb/s so there is a difference :D
    • snky1987 wrote:

In my case my ISP blocks all torrent traffic and unfortunately 101xp launcher does not use encrypted connection.

If you are stil getting low speeds try to find *.torrent file (usually inside "/{UserName}/Roaming/101xp/downloads" (this is how it looks like in my computer) and try to open that file in legit torrent client where you can enforce encryption.

In my case speeds on launcher were 0.02kb/s and in BitNova Client 800kb/s so there is a difference :D
      wow i never thought of this!!! i found the file and its running at 2mbp/s now! thank you so much!!!

question though; when its done, will it be at 100% on the 101xp launcher so i can just launch from there with my vpn? how do i proceed with that one after its downloaded?

edit: downloaded the .torrent, now it seems to be redownloading the game after i opened the 101xp launcher? but im getting a consistent 3-4mbp/s, so im not sure if thats such a bad thing. ill let it download again i guess. hope my isp doesnt come to assassinate me over this.

edit2: 7am and its finally downloaded! had some file corruption or something so i restarted 101xp and picked the first option to fix the files. lets see if this works.

edit3: it didnt. now 101xp wont open at all but hangs out in processes. just kept running a file check when it did open. cool! reinstalling 101 didnt help, running as admin didnt help, running without antivirus/firewall didnt help. i feel like i just wasted a full day and a bunch of bandwidth for no reason.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Osomatsu ().

• and im in the game i guess! dont know what i did to get 101xp running again. i just shut down my computer (by accident LOL) then when i rebooted it and gave 101xp a try again it opened and bless worked like a charm.

anyone here looking for installation tips:

find the bless .torrent file
      torrent it using utorrent or the like
      [DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NECESSARY] download the 37gb using the 101xp launcher
      repair files as necessary (if you get a dropdown option on the 101xp launcher, its the top option there, you repair the files and it takes a few minutes)

thank you for the help everyone! im loving the game so far.
    Peria Chronicles