Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

This game seems dead

• This game seems dead

Hi,

I am waiting for Bless and have a lot of expectation from this game.
      I played Asian version but it died recently and I am playing Russian Open Beta now waiting for EU release.

The issue that I spotted is that EU publisher was announced long time ago and apart from that there are very little updates and news about progress of Aeria. Some people I know actually started to think that Aeria do not give us any updates because they dropped the development of this game and are waiting for entire community to slowly fade away.

Forum looks quite dead (very small number of posts and replies shows a little interest in this game at the moment).

If we take an example of Paragon game you will see that weekly updated (even with work in progress), sharing plans and transparency in what is going on is very very important. People were hyped at the beginning and hungry for news from Bless Online world but over time they lost the interest (the last EU news is from September as I remember).

I assume Areia is a real company (not just group of private people) and they hire developers and managers and implemented Agile way of work you should be able to give us some updates if you care about successful release of this game.

Be honest, be transparent and show us that weekly that you are actually work on this game and you care about us The Community and this game will be awesome.
      At the moment We (the community) are feeling ignored.
    • I 100% agree with everything you said, and am saddened by the fact that we barely get updates on how to game is coming along. Either they don't care as much as they said they did or there is a serious problem causing them not to share their progress with us.
    • Well, the western version is delayed to prevent this, but even my hopes are small. The devs are too slow to keep up with the other bigger mmos in the west, but after failing like this in korea they probably wont get a budget boost to hire more devs. Aeria won't hire devs either since they just publish the game.

However, i talk to the Aeria people sometimes and trust me, they don't really know more than we do at the moment. The translation in going on and they are waiting for the gameplay changes our community asked for, they don't know how much time the developer team needs to finish them tho. They could open a thread with some updates every month but it would always be the same. So yeah, they can't do much as long as they dont have the final western client.
    • While I agree with you - to be honest - there is nothing for them to talk about.

The game itself isn't unknown in the west (at least not since the RU version). However actively talking about the game would actually mean they have a plan for restricted public tests as well as a rough release schedule. It would also mean that they somehow would involve the community as a whole and open up their forums.

Since neither of those two points happend - at least for 100% certainty the later one I just can guess that either the current process isn't where they can begin marketing or that something else happend.

If you think about the chinese publisher ChangYou which announced public tests in 2015 with little to no comment on what the status is, I guess the west will see a similar behavior if the game doesn't meet certain conditions from the publisher(s).

From the perspective of Neowiz it also has been a rough time since they have to keep adding content, maintaining the game and also work on the other versions of the game. And their progress in terms of updating the KR version to a somewhat decent basic game has taken quite some time. All in all I guess the pure workload managing multiple versions of Bless is beyond their capabilities.

From the perspective of Aeria - with all the uncertainty coming from the KR version (and possibly the RU version as well) they might watch the process and see how it turns out there. I mean it wouldn't be the first game being sold to a publisher. Also with said uncertainty starting marketing, opening up forums, setting up a team which also communicates with the players, etc. seems way to much effort if said uncertainty is big enough for them to keep the current team small and so forth.

In conclusion - Aeria isn't a redneck company without any experience. They know when to spend money and time on something and when not.
    • I have to admit. Number of replies surprised me.

It looks like it's not as dead as I originally thought. I recently red the article written by MMO'something (I really do not remember the name of the magazine) with some updates from Aeria and they written pretty much the same as you guys here.

I hope Bless will be released and it will be released with a blast (and some good ideas).
      UE 3 gives very good opportunities and it is not too old engine (although UE 4 is a balls crusher) and the game loos very good too.
      What we need is a world to connect to (like people felt connected to Lineage 2 world), and some awesome ideas :D

I am keeping my fingers crossed while playing RU version :D It dragged me in like L2 did 12 years ago and I hope Aeria will give me the reason (and community) to say with :)

Cheers.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.