Armor From Bless

• Classes x Armor

Does anyone have any idea how the armor is gonna work? I was trying to associate each class to their respective armor, but I still have serious doubts about the armor system in Bless... what do you think about it guys?

Paladin - Heavy Armor (I saw some videos with paladins wearing light and medium armor)
      Berserker - Massive Armor (heavy?)
      Ranger - Medium, Light? (same here, I've seen some videos of rangers wearing light armor and Robe)
      Guardian - Heavy, Massive or both?
      Warlock - Robe?
      Mystic - Robe?
      Assassin - Light, Medium?
      Mage - Robe?
    • May be that Furia, or other Blessed beta testers can answer that. It's hard telling, not knowing. My best guess is it'll be either one of two ways.
      One: There will be restrictions. A class can not equip any item, weapon, or armor non applicable to that class. Example being, if you're a caster you can not equip heavy plate armor, a shield, or a two handed sword even if you wanted to (to see how stylish they look of course). Basically being the rule of, if you can't use it, sell or give it to those who can.
      Two: There will be penalties. This is the more accepted and common method used in MMOs. Everyone can equip every thing and anything, but it will come with a penalty to effectiveness, up to and including being detrimental the less the item is class specific (class friendly). Example being, you're the caster again, and this time you have equipped the heavy plate armor, a shield, and a bastard sword. Now you're encumbered (you're screwed). Your movement speed is near 0, you can't cast spells, nor do have the skills to use sword n board effectively. Until you put your robe back on and a mage staff in your hand you're going to look a lot like a training dummy to all those mobs in the field, and they will use you like one. Visa-versa applies, put a meatshield into a dress and hand it a wand and you've just served up a tasty albeit fatty appetizer to any monster around.
    Peria Chronicles