Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Can you even craft in Bless?

• I'm sure there's going to be some sort of crafting system. But yea, the best speculation will be the generic professions like Blacksmithing and what not, unless Bless wants to break out of that routine and be like "LETS INTRODUCE DRAGON TAMING!"
  • I think more then likely enchanting is going to be a available profession, just because it fits the overtone of the lore. I mean, they have short little furry creatures that are somewhat advance in technology, then a bunch of random elves running around. It can obviously only mean one thing.
  • I feel like an archeologist while posting here.
    I hate crafting, it's just something not for me. But if they make it here half as good as it is in TESO - then I might get used to it. I'd rather gather some junk, ores flowers or whatever and sell it to people. That's how I get some good money, and if I need items I go PvE.
  • Why TESO, let's aim higher and make it like it is in FF XIV. Best crafting system I've ever seen, honestly (outside of sandbox games at least). TESO's system isn't even that good, it just offers a lot of variety and the appeal of being able to actually craft the best gear in game (or, at least, improve the gear you have to get the best gear in game). FF XIV's system is so much better, you actually participate in the crafting process instead of just clicking a button and making your item.
  • Yeah, it doesn't go beyond that, though. I like a lot TESO's system, it's way better than most crafting systems out there, but in the end it's still click button, get gear (with a lot of customization choices).

Crafting in FF XIV has its own classes, just like combat classes. They have their own active and passive abilities that are used to craft. It's a bit complex but it boils down to 3 things: when you start crafting, your mats have a certain amount of durability, and you must turn the mats into the item of your choice before that durability runs out by filling the progress gauge, all the while trying to get a High Quality Item by also filling the HQ gauge. To fill gauges you use the active abilities, using an active ability lowers the durability and also costs CP (it's like MP, but for crafting), and you have different abilities that restore durability at the cost of something else, cost no CP to use but have an increased chance to fail, convert HQ gauge into progress gauge or give better progress depending on the item's element... Also, just like the abilities from combat classes that you can equip on other classes after learning them (so a gladiator can equip a conjurer's Cure if they learn it beforehand), crafting classes can equip cross-class abilities too. So for instance, Weavers get a unique ability that increases progress by 150% at no cost, which no other crafters get, but if your Weaver level is high enough you can equip that ability on your other crafting classes. And of course, if your execution of abilities isn't perfect, you're going to run out of CP and durability, and your next action is going to break your mats and result in a failure to craft the item, due not to chance but to your own incompetence.

Master crafters truly are master crafters in that game, because it's not the ones who know the most recipes, but the ones who know the best combination of abilities and can execute crafting flawlessly while also creating a HQ item.
  • That looks fun AND complicated. I have never played FF XIV because you have to pay for it, but it seems it has some big fanbase (otherwise they wouldn't last very long with subscribtion, would they?). I doubt Bless will use similar system. I think it is too hardcore for most players while Bless doesn't look hardcore at all, compared to other MMOs of course. A perfect crafting should be easy to learn and hard to master, but most important - fun. Sorry I can't say much about FF as I can only imagine what you posted up there and nothing more. I hope they don't copy anything, but improve existing crafting from various MMOs
  • A game of this dimension needs it's own crafting-system like Black Desert (correct me if wrong). It would be negligence by Neowiz Bless Studios behalf IF they simply focused on graphics, races, classes, combat-system, dungeons, etc and ended up by creating a poor crafting-system.
  • Agreed Dokanix, let them take the time they need to perfect the game. and not once in any game ive played did not have a crafting system, Onigiri even had that, however lacking trade and guilds......yeah aside from that Enhancing and enchanting have always been a part of games.
  • From what we've seen thus far, there's only been one CBT and that was now seven months ago. I haven't heard about a 2nd CBT and we've seen nothing to do with crafting yet. Also, crafting is not even discussed on the official website yet, so it's definitely not in the game at this time.

However, given the complete revamp of combat and the fact that they said they were fully funded and not worried about a launch date, it would be almost incomprehensible that crafting would not be available. They have a very long ways to go before launch, so I'm sure it's something they're working on.
This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.