Content update to be released next month

• Content update to be released next month

The promised content update will come on October 5th. New classes, a new levelcap, new regions, new dungeons and a reworked equipment upgrade system have been confirmed. Seems like there won't be any new playable races tho.
    • Looks like Part 2 is just an Event? Expected more tbh.
      This is what you call a "small content patch" in the west i guess if you compare it with FFXIV, GW2 and other games. The difference is a game like FFXIV brings more content every 3 months than Bless in 1 year. Wondering if a western release in 2017 is still realistic.
    • Furia wrote:

Looks like Part 2 is just an Event? Expected more tbh.
      This is what you call a "small content patch" in the west i guess if you compare it with FFXIV, GW2 and other games. The difference is a game like FFXIV brings more content every 3 months than Bless in 1 year. Wondering if a western release in 2017 is still realistic.
      Tbh GW2 updates... well, someone may call it an update but it's just an event or a new story chapter that can be completed in 1 or 2 hours so far, not a big deal. FFXIV is a different thing, when it was launched long ago it was a big failure but they were so brave, shut it down, remade it and relaunch again couple of years later as Reborn and look at it now, it's one of the best if not the best MMORPG out there looking at it from the subscription numbers side, over 10M, even more than WoW before Legion (not sure what's the number already after the new expantion), and it's a subscription system game so i'd say it's a different "league", isn't a F2P like Bless nor a B2P game like GW2 (although GW2 is a F2P game nowadays AFAIK, at least the pre expantion content).

What i want to say is that a F2P game has a very hard time comparing to others bussiness systems and it's even worse when it is in a beta stage. I just hope that once the game will be release the updates will come in a regular basis or at least not too spread from one to another because in this type of games new content is what make a difference between life and death of the game.
      Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
      :P <Insert random signature here>
      :P
    • Well, guess Neowiz knows that the game is everthing but a success in korea and that they have to bring regular content. I can only speculate but Bless must be a financial disaster for Neowiz or am i wrong? It's been in development since 5 or 6 years already and i can't imagine that the small korean playerbase buys the Premium Service or anything else from the CashShop. The lack of income was probably the reason why they started selling licenses for other territories. Now they have to work on the Korean, Russian and EU/NA Version of Bless which slows down the actual game development.
      But let's hope they worked on much more and they will release everything in the following months.
    • Furia wrote:

Well, guess Neowiz knows that the game is everthing but a success in korea and that they have to bring regular content. I can only speculate but Bless must be a financial disaster for Neowiz or am i wrong? It's been in development since 5 or 6 years already and i can't imagine that the small korean playerbase buys the Premium Service or anything else from the CashShop. The lack of income was probably the reason why they started selling licenses for other territories. Now they have to work on the Korean, Russian and EU/NA Version of Bless which slows down the actual game development.
      But let's hope they worked on much more and they will release everything in the following months.
      Pretty hard for a F2P game to achieve, i'm not in a hurry but just hope that the game will come tune enough and not as an extended beta once it's done :( *cough* AeriaGames *cough* :P
    • Arckam wrote:

Furia wrote:

Well, guess Neowiz knows that the game is everthing but a success in korea and that they have to bring regular content. I can only speculate but Bless must be a financial disaster for Neowiz or am i wrong? It's been in development since 5 or 6 years already and i can't imagine that the small korean playerbase buys the Premium Service or anything else from the CashShop. The lack of income was probably the reason why they started selling licenses for other territories. Now they have to work on the Korean, Russian and EU/NA Version of Bless which slows down the actual game development.
      Pretty hard for a F2P game to achieve, i'm not in a hurry but just hope that the game will come tune enough and not as an extended beta once it's done :( *cough* AeriaGames *cough* :P

well it's more of a development decision rather than a matter of f2p, b2p or p2p model.

I think internally the Bless staff is really torn apart between development, localization into the various territories and getting things fixed.

I'm not really sure what to say about the upcoming update. Sure it has it's perks but doesn't really add anything meaningful to the game. Nothing what you could call Endgame Goal or so. I mean if I compare it to Aion (which is kind of similar) it lacks the conflict between both factions. Of course this is a point of view from a pvp enthusiast but still... the Abyss (Aion) made the game worthwhile as well as the Faction Ranks which I am missing in Bless.
      So ultimately I guess they kind of missed their development agenda (back from 2014).

What I don't really understand however is how Bless maintains his position within the "top 100" mmorpg charts from various sites. (Last time I checked - back in July) it wasn at place 80ish so.... well not the best but still there. So not sure how successful bless really is.
    • Yeah, i think what Bless really needs is a big battleground like the Abyss in Aion or WvWvW in GuildWars2 where ALL players can fight for Keeps every day and for the big ones on weekend. Else the game is missing the point of a Race vs. Race PvP Game.
    • Furia wrote:

Yeah, i think what Bless really needs is a big battleground like the Abyss in Aion or WvWvW in GuildWars2 where ALL players can fight for Keeps every day and for the big ones on weekend. Else the game is missing the point of a Race vs. Race PvP Game.
      It's something i cannot understand at all, it's like a new line for PvP encounters. "Older" games like WoW or TERA or Rift or Wildstar, etc, have their BG all day long and you just sign in and join whenever you want to, but nowadays like Bless or other Korean new games have a different system and to be honest i don't like it at all, there are some time windows in a day like 8 p.m., 8 a.m., or something like that and it's the only way to join a BG.

Why do i need to be forced to play PvP in one pre fixed time instead to play when i want to do it or when i have the time to do it??

Defo i don't understand this new standard for PvP games.
    Peria Chronicles