Changes and Features Bless needs before it hits the western market

• Changes and Features Bless needs before it hits the western market

A rewarding dungeon finder
      Already discussed in another thread. All dungeons below level 45 are dead. There should be a "Random Dungeon Queue" that puts you in any dungeon where players are needed at the moment. When you enter this Dungeon as high-level you receive some special rewards.

Something to do when there is nothing to do
      Sounds strange, but i'm talking about features like achievements. Even the korean version doesn't really have much content at the moment. I think achievements are pretty important at this point.

Pets
      The pet system really has potential. I think it would be great to have some Battle Pets as well.

Mobs resetting too fast
      I'm playing a ranger and kiting doesn't makes much sense because the mobs reset pretty quickly. That's pretty annoying and makes every build besides nuke builds for ranke classes senseless.

Login rewards
      Always a nice small gesture. Reward players that login daily.

Engine optimizing
      The game engine is disaster. I can play Black Desert on 4k resolution and high FPS while Bless is lagging like hell, especially in towns on 1080p.

Weather?
      It would be nice to see some different weather in the game. The current world doesn't really feels alive imo.

A seamless world of...nothingness
      There are quite a few nice regions in the game, but you spend a lot of time in regions that are kinda naked. Endless mountains and hills with nothing on it. Add some trees on them at last so it doesn't look that naked.

What's in the water?
      The answer is: Nothing. I know it's a small thing but maybe add some fishes at last to seas?

Dyes and Skin change
      I really love how the gear in Bless looks but it would be great if we could dye them. Would also be great if you could transfer one skin to another.
    • Definitely had the same thoughts. I think Bless needs a little more "flavor" if it's the right word. The developers don't seem to really perceive that optics play a huge role in MMORPGs. I think thats just a point that's important which keeps players attracted to the game and doesn't make them feel bored. Especially when you mentioned the regions. There are definitely really good regions, but those which seem to be "naked" as you said, are the ones i consider as boring. I think every area/region should have its own unique atmosphere. Of course, not everything can be perfected but i just wanted to share with you my opinion.And I think those cool little features you mentioned will be added in the western version of Bless :)
    • +1
      Bless is a raw diamond that doesn't really stand a chance on the western MMO market. Why should you leave games like Tera, Aion, GW2 or FFXIV for Bless? They have more features, more content etc.
      And the western mmo community is brutal. When they see that this game has nothing to offer they make sure to let everyone know. The game is in development since 5 or 6 years and i'm really wondering why the game lacks on so many things.
      Aeria has 2 choices i guess. Release a cheap eyecandy mmo and try to make as much money as possible or try to release a quality game that can compete with the other big MMOs.
    • Fiddu wrote:

Already discussed in another thread. All dungeons below level 45 are dead. There should be a "Random Dungeon Queue" that puts you in any dungeon where players are needed at the moment. When you enter this Dungeon as high-level you receive some special rewards.

Sounds strange, but i'm talking about features like achievements. Even the korean version doesn't really have much content at the moment. I think achievements are pretty important at this point.

Pets
      The pet system really has potential. I think it would be great to have some Battle Pets as well.

Mobs resetting too fast
      I'm playing a ranger and kiting doesn't makes much sense because the mobs reset pretty quickly. That's pretty annoying and makes every build besides nuke builds for ranke classes senseless.

Login rewards

Engine optimizing
      The game engine is disaster. I can play Black Desert on 4k resolution and high FPS while Bless is lagging like hell, especially in towns on 1080p.

Weather?
      It would be nice to see some different weather in the game. The current world doesn't really feels alive imo.

There are quite a few nice regions in the game, but you spend a lot of time in regions that are kinda naked. Endless mountains and hills with nothing on it. Add some trees on them at last so it doesn't look that naked.

What's in the water?
      The answer is: Nothing. I know it's a small thing but maybe add some fishes at last to seas?

Dyes and Skin change
      I really love how the gear in Bless looks but it would be great if we could dye them. Would also be great if you could transfer one skin to another.

1- That is a great idea! In my guild we're kinda forced to farm level 28/35 dungeons to farm adventure points...and the level 35 dungeons is probably the worst of all, no kidding.

2- There's the honor points system that kinda works like that. By doing siege you'll eventually grade up to a rank. (I'd like to see more tho)

3- I don't agree with this only in terms of PvP. In PvE instead it could work.

4- Yap, this should be fixed. It happens many times.

5- We already have login rewards, and they're also really useful!

6- Absolutely!

7- Again, absolutely. We'll have a snow region soon and i seriously hope to see some snowflakes.

8- Most of the "peace area" are completely bland. They also don't have any music to them which makes them quite creepy...

9- Agree. Seas and rivers are dead. I look forward to a "under-water" battle system. Also because jumping into the water when fighting enemies makes you almost invincible.

10- WANT! Bless customization system is really good. Things like this would really make this shine!

But i guess most of this things are not going to make it...if not none..

Bask within the guidance of the great Palutena!
    • Fiddu wrote:

Good idea - support that.

Well they should overhaul several systems in order to get to some point where player have nice side goals.

I still miss the faction goals - for example in border territories there should be zone quests which reward you for killing enemy players or something like that so people actually do some pvp.

Same for PvE - there should be open world bosses which should be heavily fought over.

As for single player side goals I'd overhaul the pet system so that a) it is still a time and money sink and b) that the system rewards you with more unique pets. Also I'd like to see a better approach how to tame the pets.
      At the moment each pet is just fodder for 1 main pet/mount/servant/etc. Would be cool if the pet's would level with you but would also be harder to tame. So each taming success feels like a success and not just another random thing. It's the same with Pokemon Go for example.
      It would be also cool to actively play servant missions (for example you decide if you want to do automatic mode which get's you less rewards and if you actively guide and help your minions you earn more or raise the success chance)

Pets

Well - coming from Rappelz I support that but Battlepets should be very hard to get (rare pets) and I would implement something like that after the Warlock is implemented since the Warlock also uses pets/minions/etc. I suppose so yeah... Not to make the Warlock class useless.

Mobs resetting too fast

Login rewards

Well I could go with it but I wouldn't give away as much as the KR version.

Engine optimizing

Agreed - the FPS fix (somewhere in the Forum) had a good impact on me so yeah... there is definitely room for optimization here. And shouldn't be too hard for people who work on the game.

Weather?

In CBT 1 and CBT 2 they played with some settings and it should be already in the game but it is turned off right now.

Well it would be cool if they implemented additional territories for player housing or something like that. They could make it that the owning guild get's the castle or so and has to defend it (similar to ArcheAge - Auroria zones)

What's in the water?

Well to be honest - they could add a little more environmental background actions (animals wander around, etc.) everywhere so yeah... you're right.

Dyes and Skin change

Is planned but was postponed a few times already so yeah....
    • Nito wrote:

Well to be honest - they could add a little more environmental background actions (animals wander around, etc.) everywhere so yeah... you're right.
      Let's add some realistic environment sounds with singing birds and croaking frogs for example...without actually adding birds and frogs into the game...

• It's questionable that our conversation about these cool things actually matter. Ofcourse the Aeria people can read it but how much can they add/change in a game? I have the feeling that us talking about something has literally zero impact on whats going to happen to the game due to it being made in korea :(
    • sEEEEb wrote:

It's questionable that our conversation about these cool things actually matter. Ofcourse the Aeria people can read it but how much can they add/change in a game? I have the feeling that us talking about something has literally zero impact on whats going to happen to the game due to it being made in korea :(
      Since the game is pretty much dead in korea there is some hope that they focus on the western market. Just check the weekly korean mmo ranking. Bless is barely in the top 100. I would be surprised if the current active playerbase is higher than 10k from what i see ingame.
    • well the highest place it got in the ranking was rank 70ish the first few weeks after the Open Beta Launched so yeah....

As Furia said above - it is pretty suprising to see Bless in the ranking at all. Currently it is rank 84
    Peria Chronicles