Skills

Hello everybody

i have 2 questions

1. will there be limited skills like in GW2 , just 8-10 or will be more skills useable like in wow (hope so )
      2. do u think they will integrate an arena .2vs2-3vs3-5vs5 and battlegrounds? probably just speculations possible.. so far :(

Post was edited 1 time, last by “juschmann” ().

1) There will be many skills to choose from from EVERY class. The Skillbar will go from 1-8 to F1-F8 and every class should* have a shift skill which counts as a teleport/evade. The skillbar will be customizable and the skill system will supposedly be versatile. Skill descriptions will illustrate effective range, damage, cooldown, and possibly amount of hits per skill!

2)It has been confirmed in interviews that Bless, in terms of PvP, will have RvR (like GW2), mass PvP, aerial PvP.. and so on. They are aiming for a lot to do in this game especially in PvP. There are factions at war and they will play a lot on that.

valencia wrote:

I'm thrilled that pvp wil be a large part of Bless, but I'm a bit sad they didn't go a non-targeting route, though. On the other hand, Bless is still really beautiful and worth playing
      Well you don't have to fret too much-- they decided that Assassin and Berserker will both be non-targeting classes, so if those suit you you may play that.

On the other hand, why not just make the rest of the classes non target? If the Korean players grant enough feedback to let them know 'Make everything free target!' they (the Devs) just may listen. Targeting in games like these is more of an inconvenience and makes it so hitboxes seem very inaccurate. Nothing sucks more than trying to run away from a homing Fireball.
      thank u for the answer !

so there will be a pool of skills where i can choose 16-18 from , am i right ? and there will be the possibility to change this 16-18 useable skills into other "builds" ?

its a pity ....

such a great game, with a big potential and again...limited skills ...i dont understand this. maybe ( i dont think so ..: ) ) its easier for the developer, to balance a game with less available skills, but it destroys a lot of game mechanics ( in my opinion ). its an often placed excuse that u dont use such an amount of skills ..(like in wow , aion or swtor) but thats not true ...it always depends on the situationen ...and trust me, u need them all 40-60 + ---thats the challenge - to use them right...in the right rotation and right situation.

and one other big question: are the melee classes allowed to wear different weapons? 2h sword, 2h hammer, 1 h sword shield etc ....?

peace !
      so far we didn't see anything about "2nd choice" weapons, however, it would be unlikely not to have those. that would be just dull.

and about your skill pool. i think it's possible to chance the hotbars during combat, so u can have all your skills available. at least i hope so too. cause having only 5 skills (like GW2 lol) is just crap!
      eat. train. sleep. repeat.
      only so you shall write history in blood
      @draxus

Why do u think its possible to change the hotbars in combat ? ididnt see something like that in the videos ...
      I HOOOOOPE u are right ....

For me , it looked like u can choose 4 abilities out of a pool of special skills (example F1-f4) then 4 defensive skills out of a defensive skill pool f4-f8 ( just an example )
      then maybe 4 weapon skills ...4 CC-(avoid cc) skills ..... . and i saw some chain skills like in Gw2 ....useless ...
      HOPEFULLY IM WRONG ...SOOOO WRONG

I hope all the skills will be availabe ... but the chances are bad .... its a new trend (gw2 , black desert , wildstar and a lot more ..) to reduce all the available skills , for better balancing? what are the reasons for that ..less work? in my opinion , it has nothing to do with balancing ...it will always be the rock paper scissor principle (doesnt matter how many skills are useable)

and what happens if im able to transform into a wolf / lion ....do i have extra abilities ? can i compare it with a wow druid? i hope the Cbt will bring some good news about this topic...

(im also sorry for my english .. 8) ) peace

Post was edited 1 time, last by “juschmann” ().

didnt c it either, but as u can see at the topleft corner of the hotbar u get selections of icons wich u can swap your hotbars with (if i'm correct) those icons were chosen by the player itself to recognize wich bars are for wich purpose (again, if i'm correct)

edit: i see now that those are buffs.. lol, sorry for the confusion :)
      eat. train. sleep. repeat.
      only so you shall write history in blood

juicyJ wrote:

valencia wrote:

I'm thrilled that pvp wil be a large part of Bless, but I'm a bit sad they didn't go a non-targeting route, though. On the other hand, Bless is still really beautiful and worth playing
      Well you don't have to fret too much-- they decided that Assassin and Berserker will both be non-targeting classes, so if those suit you you may play that.

On the other hand, why not just make the rest of the classes non target? If the Korean players grant enough feedback to let them know 'Make everything free target!' they (the Devs) just may listen. Targeting in games like these is more of an inconvenience and makes it so hitboxes seem very inaccurate. Nothing sucks more than trying to run away from a homing Fireball.
      Where have you seen info, that the other classes would be tab-targeting? This would really suck :(

MerlinBG wrote:

juicyJ wrote:

valencia wrote:

Where have you seen info, that the other classes would be tab-targeting? This would really suck :(
      Via Steparu (steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/15…rview-and-job-advancement)
      "The producer thought that non-targeting combat is not suitable for MMORPG, that's why they developed Bless Online as a targeting game. Although it's a targeting game, some classes can be played with a non-targeting interface such as Berserker and Assassin. The upcoming beta will have a level 23 cap and it should take players about 10-15 hours. This should be enough to give players a general idea of what kind of game Bless Online is and what it has to offer during the lower levels of the game."

And info on the skill system (read more in link above)
      "About the Skills - Tactics System
      You can change your skill set any time you want depending on the situation. There aren't enough skill slots in your tactics menu bar, so you will have to plan specific load out depending on what you're doing. After you have finished customizing your skill presets, you will be able to swap out between them with a press of a button. For example, if you want to go to a raid and focus more on healing and buffs as Priest, you can focus on equipping more healing skills.
      Each JOB has their own main set of skills. For example, the Paladin being the starting class will share skills to their advanced jobs which is Judge or Priest. You can customize your Paladin and Priest skills together in one preset, but I am not sure if you can mix Paladin and Judge skills together. Below you can see the Male icon that the player renamed as Defense type and the girl icon which the player named renamed as Healing type."

juschmann wrote:

@ juicy j

thx for the link !

about the skills system - does it mean i can change the skill set also during combat?
      No problem, and from what I've read in what I linked you, I don't think so. While it does say that you can change your build any time you want (DEPENDING on the situation), there are no further situations such as during combat which are specified, and if you can do so. As far as that, I can't read or understand Korean so I can only interpret what articles like these say.