After first impression, what else does the game have to offer?

• After first impression, what else does the game have to offer?

Bless has been a long awaited game for me and I finally managed to play it for a bit last night (better said, this morning).

The first thing I noticed was the terrible combat system: feels like ArcheAge with Action Combat.

A bad combat system is not good, so I quit playing there. I watched a few first impression videos, and now I am curious: What does the game have to offer?

I could have done research myself, but I want to hear players opinions, since that are the only opinions that matter. Countless times I fell for marketing and advertising such as "Sandbox MMO!" with invisible walls or unaccessible areas everywhere.

So, what do YOU like best about Bless? Would you recommend it to others, if yes, why?
      Is there anything else other than questing (obviously there is, tell me!). Is grinding a thing or do you only level by questing? Are there dungeons? (real instanced dungeons, not open world caves)

I already know there is pet taming and crafting, how meaningful is crafting in Bless? I have also seen countless games with crafting, but simply completing a dungeon would get you just as good gear as you could craft yourself, and crafting would require a lot of rare resources, so not worth it at all.

Looking forward to hear your opinions, as I want to be able to ignore the bad combat and look at the better things.
    • Bless is nothing new, it doesn't have any innovative gameplay or features. Neowiz simply created an oldschoolish mmo with up2date graphics. Tab-targeting MMOs are still the most popular ones in NA/EU and Korea btw.
      If you enjoyed games like WoW, Aion, Lineage etc. you will probably enjoy Bless too.
    • I'm fine with tab targeting, it's just that the movement feels wierd.

If it is based on old school mmos then it should be great. I suppose the game has classic features such as gem socketing, gear enchantment, instanced dungeons with queue etc.?

To be honest, I liked the old MMOs better than the new ones. The newer ones are way too casual filled with too much unnecessary stuff (if I wanted to fish, I'd be playing Microsoft Fishing Simulator).

How is the PvP? One thing I like about Bless is that it has the oldschool faction system, which most newer MMOs don't have. So I suppose PvP happens in borderlands in which the two factions meet?
    • I too thought bless' combat was clunky and slow at first, but once you get more skills roughly lvl 25 as a mage anyway i felt so fluid and fast
      idk what class you're playing but all 3 classes i played didn't feel right in combat until 25 or so

there's no socketing as of yet but in the new update tehy plan on redoing the enchanting system away and putting socketing of "runes" in with the new update

dungeons are gorgeous and can be challenging some are quite easy though
      queueing for dungeons is kinda pointless as most people are end game and you won't get parties like that under 35 and at 45 most people go with guildies

pvp in bless is actually quite fun and i'm a pve-player myself so that says a lot, the 100v100 are truly fun and you feel like you're contributing a lot in the fights when doing it right
      open world pvp imo hasn't been a grand scale but i have had a few skirmishes and those end up keeping me on my toes! :blesslove:
    • FliP wrote:

Bless has been a long awaited game for me and I finally managed to play it for a bit last night (better said, this morning).

welcome to the party ^^

The first thing I noticed was the terrible combat system: feels like ArcheAge with Action Combat.

better stick to the old school targeting. The action mode isn't really fleshed out and by all means I don't see it being overhauled in the near time.

A bad combat system is not good, so I quit playing there. I watched a few first impression videos, and now I am curious: What does the game have to offer?

well the combat itself suffers from the connection delay as well as the fact that it is really static (rooted animation and such, no basic auto attack and so forth).

I could have done research myself, but I want to hear players opinions, since that are the only opinions that matter. Countless times I fell for marketing and advertising such as "Sandbox MMO!" with invisible walls or unaccessible areas everywhere.

As far as no borders - well Bless doesn't really has borders at all. You can run from one end to the other. It's just that sometimes you are stuck because there is a mountain between you and your goal but you can overcome this if you try a little bit (some times you simply have to walk around the mountain). Is it open world? Well.... I'd say no. The main things (world bosses, dungeons, quest) are still instanced areas so at this point there is no open world factor such as open world bosses, open world sieges, etc.

So, what do YOU like best about Bless? Would you recommend it to others, if yes, why?
      Is there anything else other than questing (obviously there is, tell me!). Is grinding a thing or do you only level by questing? Are there dungeons? (real instanced dungeons, not open world caves)

well you could recommend the class system which is interesting enough to provide a little fun and uniqueness to certain situations. However most classes have basically fixed builds where you only rotate 1 or 2 skills in order to match your preferred play style.

Dungeons are instanced and some are challenging, some are not. They are beautiful designed at least. World Bosses are also instanced but they are a let down so yeah... just tank and spank and die and revive and repeat ^^.

About grinding - well leveling is done by quests mostly and some grind.
      You can grind field bosses for exp and materials for weapons and armory which will be a good starting point for gearing up.
      Grinding begins with the bestiary log - you can kill a certain amount of monsters and receive extra exp. For example Quests 1 requires you to kill 8 monsters. When you kill the first one you automatically get a kill quest for the bestiary which will have you kill 8 or 10 or 12 monsters. So basically you get extra exp for kill quest number 1 parallel to the main quests you do.
      After kill quest number one comes number two and sometimes number three. Each step requires you to kill more mobs. Completing the bestiary quests will grant your guild guild exp. So that is basically grinding purely.

Well I wouldn't call it grind but rare materials are rare so you really have to gather a lot in order to craft a crating only equipment. Other than that there is dungeon grinding for the dungeon equipment sets or doing pvp for the pvp equipment. So you can choose of these three but I think the crafter sets only go to a certain level or they haven't updated the crafter equipment to match the current best in slot gear.

Other than that there is the arena, the 100 vs 100 battleground and some open world pvp action (mostly zerging or really small groups running around) which are fun from time to time. Can't say something about the territory wars and faction vs faction battles.

I already know there is pet taming and crafting, how meaningful is crafting in Bless? I have also seen countless games with crafting, but simply completing a dungeon would get you just as good gear as you could craft yourself, and crafting would require a lot of rare resources, so not worth it at all.

You won't get equipment directly from the boss. You will get crafting materials which you then can craft into your armor/weapon you want to have. You can do it yourself or you can give it to and npc with some gold to craft it for you. Some equipment requires a very high crafting skill.

Same with PvP - you will get weekly rewards which you then can use to craft whatever equipment piece (armor/weapon) you want to.

The attributes of PvP, PvE and crafting equipment sets somewhat equal (more or less) but I haven't seen a high level crafter set in the database yet so the current best in slot gear is either dungeon or pvp based. The real best in slot gear though can be purchased for government points (or so) in the capital city but I'm not really sure how this system works at all.

Taming is basically a time and moneysink as it is rng. You choose your mob and then tame it via a scroll. The skills and rarity are random to some point so getting the best result will take a while. Also upgrading is also rng and the chances are really low.

Despite that fact it is nice to go around and tame all kind of monsters ^^
      However after a while it is nothing really spectacular and given the fact that you can't tame just another monster but only a wide variety with a few exceptions is kind of dull to me simply because the few expections are monster which look extremely cool (for example Akasha - the succubus queen or so, located in the desert as well as the Dark Knight located in the same area). That is the only problem I have. I also like to see people being able to tame world bosses just with an extreme low chance so that they are truly unique.

Looking forward to hear your opinions, as I want to be able to ignore the bad combat and look at the better things.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nito: corrected some typos. ().

Peria Chronicles