Combat system lacking?

• Combat system lacking?

I barely started playing this game but it seems like the combat system is severely lacking. When playing a caster, I find it pretty sad that I can't shoot while moving, most of the spells. Somehow I did not face this issue in other games such as Blade & Soul and Black Desert. Here it seems like if I want to do anything, I need to stand still and execute a move. This makes kiting nearly impossible, especially given that NPCs move as fast as players.

This brings me to another issue, the whole dodge system seems rather useless. If I shift, by the time I recover the NPC mob is already pounding on me. I hope I am wrong about all the above and this is just because I am merely level 10 and not 50 or something. Can someone kindly elaborate on this topic?
    • Bless Online's combat system is oldschool. Meaning that mages are high damage but low mobility characters. If you want to deal damage and move at the same time then ranger might fit you better. Don't try to compare the combat to BnS or BDO because those games had their combat system developed around action combat while Bless Online is (excluding the berserker) a tab targeting game.
    • well I'm not sure about the dodge system. I'm not sure about the original design intent but I mostly used it in order to avoid certain death. Everything else is just waste of stamina.

Also i'm not sure how big the part of the connection delay here is however the mobs are really fast so as said - I think it is intended to use them to avoid big hits (aoes from mobs, etc.).

Lastly it is true that the combat relies on static actions rather than dynamic action but to be honest: I find it ridiculous that in some games mages can cast whatever spell they like while moving and melee chars complete lack measures against it (gap closers). On the other I agree that they could have at least let us use the basic attack while moving so yeah....