What Role do you want to play?

Squishy wrote:

@Shiverlynn If it's one thing I've learned in MMORPGs, it's that you can never have enough tanks.

Well don't worry, I'm staying true to my word... I've been playing tanks forever. In all the games I played. From the Paladin in RO to the four tanking classes in WoW (think Monk is a tank too now but I quit before Pandaria), and all the games in between. ;) (I even play tanks in single-player games, can't resist da call of da shield)

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Shiverlynn” ().

Polls on forums tend to be a very inaccurate representation of the actual population in game. That and you should play whatever you want. Also, healers are always needed, especially if you like PvP, which there should be a lot. (I often get jealous of healers because as a tank my role often stops being useful in PvP, except in the rare games where tanks were designed with PvP in mind)
      Take in account, Bless might have multiple servers like your standard WoW MMORPG. If that's the case, the statistics might vary upon server. They already announced Realm vs Realm PvP. I doubt they're going to do a ESO approach and have a mega-server.
      There are no lags on megaservers... Usually.

Megaservers consist of clusters of servers, the closest server to your geographical position is picked and you exchange data with it. There is no huge latency because the server is physically close and there is no lag due to the insane amount of people present in the zone at once since each server only hosts a limited amount of people. Then all the data is merged into one gigantic megaserver to allow people to play with each other without being restricted by servers or regions, but each player's current data is still being hosted on their own server.

I know TESO, GW2 and NWO use the megaserver system, I've played TESO and NWO and had no lag issues at all (except in TESO in Cyrodiil... Which is one big server of its own so it's normal that 2k players in the same zone make each other lag like hell at times).

Shiverlynn wrote:

Megaservers consist of clusters of servers, the closest server to your geographical position is picked and you exchange data with it. There is no huge latency because the server is physically close and there is no lag due to the insane amount of people present in the zone at once since each server only hosts a limited amount of people. Then all the data is merged into one gigantic megaserver to allow people to play with each other without being restricted by servers or regions, but each player's current data is still being hosted on their own server.

I know TESO, GW2 and NWO use the megaserver system, I've played TESO and NWO and had no lag issues at all (except in TESO in Cyrodiil... Which is one big server of its own so it's normal that 2k players in the same zone make each other lag like hell at times).

I see. Guess it all boils down to how big they make their servers. Whether it be in a mega server system or not.
      They'll make the right choice, probably, so I'm not gonna worry.

Shiverlynn wrote:

That explains why the latency on GW2 was that "high", was always wondering about that. Adding server to server communication decreases load, but increases latency through a much higher overhead + a longer chain of "command".
      I would love to play with Tank because of the sword and shield (Love them) and the feeling of protecting your comrades and having that team work which is really nice. But...when you play as a Tank it always appears some smart-ass that plays the role/class DPS or even Healer which by all means it's not less than the role/class of Tank, and suddenly tries to be the tank ._. so...that's why i voted for the melee DPS and won't be playing as a Tank that soon.
      You let the smartass tank. They die. You take over.
      Repeat if they haven't understood the lesson the first time.

Though to be fair over the course of my MMO career I've only had to use this tactic maybe twice. Usually people are nice to the tank xD

Shiverlynn wrote:

You let the smartass tank. They die. You take over.
      Repeat if they haven't understood the lesson the first time.

Though to be fair over the course of my MMO career I've only had to use this tactic maybe twice. Usually people are nice to the tank xD

Oh i did that...a few times :S . Let them tank do whatever they wanted until they got tired and died...the only people who were nice to me as a Tank were my guild-members and friends. Since i was the only High-Level Tanker in there and performed many dungeons with them so they could get their items and stuff. Sometimes they called me to go help them because the tank they had abandoned the dungeon and they needed someone to finish it.
      In some rare occasions where they were all dead and it was only me vs the boss and somehow managed to kill it they would call me a hero xD (only happened once lol) it was funny tho. But from time-to-time it would always appear some random smartass and i got tired of it, but without a doubt that i do prefer the Tank Role.