Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Open world pvp

• Fenrir wrote:

ahah, yeah, sure.
    i've been playing Lineage 2 since chronicle 3, and considering that sieges were always for the 90% all about nukers, if you even dared to enter the crystal room alone with 40 people in front of you, you'd be probably rooted on sight at first, and then two/tri-shotted at best by mages and archers.
    unless they were 40 bots, of course.
    Think what you want, but i know what i have done, I'm a pretty famous player in L2 world (and a lot of players, Clans and Alliances know me and my wife so well in a lot of more games than DAOC and L2)... and my strategies/tactics skills made me what everyone know about me.. i don't need to defend myself about some random statement of no-faith.

Fenrir wrote:

yeah right, because olympiads in lineage 2 totally aren't instanced arenas, where people enter everytime they're open in order to get items and hero status at the end of the month.
    seriously, the more i read, the more i think you came here just for trolling.
    You are seriously talking about Oly to be a GOOD example of ARENA game? Really? And you claim to be a so experienced C3 player (btw I have played since Beta Prelude, so what now?)...

Oly was the most UNBALANCED shit you could have ever find out... and they was all the times organized battle to let your alliance members (including yourself if you where choosed) to win a specify role with set up rules to enter in and give out free points to those choosen to win the Hero status (or at least try to).

Don't talk about my L2 as you are so experienced, because you clearly are not.

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
  • well to me instanced 1 vs 1 pvp shouldn't exist or shouldn't be focused as 1 vs 1 is not the design focus of an mmorpg. (in my view).

Instanced group play (small scale) requires knowledge and mastery of the classes currently present in the instance as well as countering the weakness of your group composure, etc.

Open World pvp (small scale and bigger scales) require not only knowledge of how to counter a specific group setting/specific class but require to manage larger groups of players as well as countering disadvantages you won't face in a fair environment like an instanced BG like uneven numbers, the suprise element, etc.

Bigger instanced pvp (like sieges of Rappelz or the Bless 100 vs 100 bg) also requires a lot of group management you won't see in a small scale bg but ultimately you still fight with even numbers.

In general - I think Open World PvP does the thing because it has less borders and restrictions than the instances however as I experienced both forms which where interesting enough for me I have to say I enjoy both as long as it isn't dumb-ed down

In essence - each form of PvP require a certain skill. I know a lot people who strive in Open World PvP but suck in Arenas and vice versa but I wouldn't call either of them a noob or what so ever. I just hate PvE players who want to force a PvP focused game into PvE and then complain about it afterwards. Same with gear progression (omg - content too hard, nerf - afterwards - omg, content too easy, suxx)
  • Nito wrote:

Open World pvp (small scale and bigger scales) require not only knowledge of how to counter a specific group setting/specific class but require to manage larger groups of players as well as countering disadvantages you won't face in a fair environment like an instanced BG like uneven numbers, the suprise element, etc.

Bigger instanced pvp (like sieges of Rappelz or the Bless 100 vs 100 bg) also requires a lot of group management you won't see in a small scale bg but ultimately you still fight with even numbers.

Well said Nito, well said...

• "Bryan Fury" wrote:

Think what you want, but i know what i have done, I'm a pretty famous player in L2 world (and a lot of players, Clans and Alliances know me and my wife so well in a lot of more games than DAOC and L2)... and my strategies/tactics skills made me what everyone know about me.. i don't need to defend myself about some random statement of no-faith.

you could even be jesus christ for all i care, and it still wouldn't matter anything to me.
    thing is, bragging about something without real evidence to back it up is for clowns.

"Bryan Fury" wrote:

You are seriously talking about Oly to be a GOOD example of ARENA game? Really? And you claim to be a so experienced C3 player (btw I have played since Beta Prelude, so what now?)...Oly was the most UNBALANCED shit you could have ever find out... and they was all the times organized battle to let your alliance members (including yourself if you where choosed) to win a specify role with set up rules to enter in and give out free points to those choosen to win the Hero status (or at least try to).Don't talk about my L2 as you are so experienced, because you clearly are not.

olympiads in l2 ARE instanced arenas, wether you like it or not.

and i never said that they were good or balanced arenas, i only said that even an old game like lineage 2 had instanced arenas, beside world PvP.
    you should learn to read properly before posting.

i see that you also entirely left behind all the other points explained in my previous post, so i assume that you're running out of excuses to backup your nonsense arguments.
    i'm not gonna waste my time with you ever again anyway, trolls deserve no attention whatsoever.

now, back on other matters:

"Nito" wrote:

well to me instanced 1 vs 1 pvp shouldn't exist or shouldn't be focused as 1 vs 1 is not the design focus of an mmorpg. (in my view).

In general - I think Open World PvP does the thing because it has less borders and restrictions than the instances however as I experienced both forms which where interesting enough for me I have to say I enjoy both as long as it isn't dumb-ed down

In essence - each form of PvP require a certain skill. I know a lot people who strive in Open World PvP but suck in Arenas and vice versa but I wouldn't call either of them a noob or what so ever. I just hate PvE players who want to force a PvP focused game into PvE and then complain about it afterwards. Same with gear progression (omg - content too hard, nerf - afterwards - omg, content too easy, suxx)

i agree in part with what you said, because i think as well that mmorpgs shouldn't focus their PvP only in instances, since it would make the overall gameplay dull and boring after a while( see dragon nest, continent of the ninth, etc).
    however, there should always be a certain variety of PvP content available in order for everyone to get what they want, and play how they prefer.

making arenas open only for a limited amount of time could be another way to balance PvP content overall, but even then it always depends on the type of arena, if it's ranked or not, if it gives rewards or not, etc.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fenrir ().

• Personal Necessary Edit:

Just sorry everyone, if the situation got on fire and totally fired up. Everyone can have their up and down journey. All the issue is based purelly on personal feeling and experiences that are not the same for everyone.

Got enough time to think out on over it. Mistken can be made by everyone. No one is an exception.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bryan Fury ().

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Fenrir wrote:

ahah, yeah, sure.
    i've been playing Lineage 2 since chronicle 3, and considering that sieges were always for the 90% all about nukers, if you even dared to enter the crystal room alone with 40 people in front of you, you'd be probably rooted on sight at first, and then two/tri-shotted at best by mages and archers.
    unless they were 40 bots, of course.

Fenrir wrote:

yeah right, because olympiads in lineage 2 totally aren't instanced arenas, where people enter everytime they're open in order to get items and hero status at the end of the month.
    seriously, the more i read, the more i think you came here just for trolling.
    You are seriously talking about Oly to be a GOOD example of ARENA game? Really? And you claim to be a so experienced C3 player (btw I have played since Beta Prelude, so what now?)...

Oly was the most UNBALANCED shit you could have ever find out... and they was all the times organized battle to let your alliance members (including yourself if you where choosed) to win a specify role with set up rules to enter in and give out free points to those choosen to win the Hero status (or at least try to).

Don't talk about my L2 as you are so experienced, because you clearly are not.

Lol you are so full of yourself. I bet you are one of those guys who click their spells because you are so used to play in a group and cant take care of yourself alone. You will get so rekt in any modern MMO that doesn't do combat as badly as L2. Hope to see you on the battlefield, carebear scrub :D.
    ~구르는 돌에는 이끼가 끼지 않는다~