It's sad and worrisome...

• Because Pentrep is right.

That's maybe so. But he's arguing against his invention. Nobody in this topic has the position he`s arguing against. Good job.

You can have whatever opinion you like. If you think how they manage and advertise the game right now is how it's supposed to be, good for you. Then we just have to agree to disagree.

But you know, when repitition and invention is your way to argue about it, it looks like you think you don't have a case. And secondly it disqualifies you from any further discussion.

I really hope the game turns out the way you want it. All the best.

• That's maybe so. But he's arguing against his invention. Nobody in this topic has the position he`s arguing against. Good job.
    You can have whatever opinion you like. If you think how they manage and advertise the game right now is how it's supposed to be, good for you. Then we just have to agree to disagree.

But you know, when repitition and invention is your way to argue about it, it looks like you think you don't have a case. And secondly it disqualifies you from any further discussion.

I really hope the game turns out the way you want it. All the best.

you are correct.
    I have high hopes for the game. :D

• I'm a little bit surprised about how even longstanding members of this forum seem to skip half of what's been written and in your case argue as if the opposite was said.

Arekkuusu wrote the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what you assume, blatantly so. It makes conversation really difficult if someone says 'Yes' and the other answer 'What? Why are you saying no?'.

Thank you. Which is why I'm not even going to bother answering Pentrep.
    At this point, think what you will.

So, you say my comparing Neowiz with Blizzard or Square is wrong, but then you compare their game, that's to be released in 2018, to games that were released in 2001, 2002 and 1999 respectively.
    Of COURSE they didn't have advertisement as we see it now. It didn't exist!
    Gaming, especially online gaming, was a completely new thing.
    They did not know how to advertise.

Now, look at GTAV, for example.
    Their markerting budget was between 69 and 109 million dollars, and their development budget was 137 million dollars.
    They made 1 billion dollars the first day of release.
    I know that Rockstar have more budget than Neowiz ever will, but you can't tell me that if they had not advertise their game, if people only knew it was coming out through their Facebook page and were given scraps of information to go off of, they would still have made that much money IN ONE DAY.

We are in 2018. This is the age of advertisement, this is the age of hype, of trailers that reveal too much of the movies, of information, of knowledge.
    We want to know what we're going to invest our money in.
    We want to know what's going on.
    We want to know everything that there is to know.
    And Neowiz is giving us exactly the opposite of that.

One English trailer and a couple of painting and screenshots from the game won't cut it in this day and age.

Of course they would be on YouTubers' lists... But that's the only place they are.

We agree for the rest, but they need to be known more if they want to succeed.

No game in 2018, where people get bored so fast they have to binge watch a series in one sitting to be able to feel compelled to finish it, can be successful if it's not hyped through the roof.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

• I'm a little bit surprised about how even longstanding members of this forum seem to skip half of what's been written and in your case argue as if the opposite was said.

Arekkuusu wrote the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what you assume, blatantly so. It makes conversation really difficult if someone says 'Yes' and the other answer 'What? Why are you saying no?'.

Did I now? Arekkuusu's argument hinged on advertisement. I merely wanted to add that there is much more involved in a game's success then just advertisement. I mentioned the two franchises success beckoned on past successes to pull them through rough patches. Advertisement isn't going to save Bless. Good PR and attention to the issues brought forth in beta will. Another part of their argument was based on fanbase. This game was never developed with any fanbase in mind, so of course it goes without saying that Warcraft and Final Fantasy have larger communities because they have established IP's.

Not sure why you all seem to think that because they don't have the same funds as Blizzard or Square they can't have a budget set aside for marketing.
    That baffles me.
    They don't have the same advertisement budget, we agree on that, but they still have one. They're doing a bad job as using it. That's what we're saying.

While they agree with the core concept, what they failed to recognize what what else was involved in making games. FFXIV pulled itself out of the ashes because of their ability to connect with their community. Focusing on JP will limit further wasting of resources. Right now their focus is JP and should remain so until they decide to leap to NA/EU.

Thank you. Which is why I'm not even going to bother answering Pentrep.At this point, think what you will.
    So, you say my comparing Neowiz with Blizzard or Square is wrong, but then you compare their game, that's to be released in 2018, to games that were released in 2001, 2002 and 1999 respectively.Of COURSE they didn't have advertisement as we see it now. It didn't exist!
    Gaming, especially online gaming, was a completely new thing.
    They did not know how to advertise

Really? Ok, whatever. Just going to leave this here because of course advertising changes. This would hardly be a commercial by today's standards but it did exist even at what is considered the start of the MMO genre.

We are in 2018. This is the age of advertisement, this is the age of hype, of trailers that reveal too much of the movies, of information, of knowledge.
    We want to know what we're going to invest our money in.
    We want to know what's going on.
    We want to know everything that there is to know.
    And Neowiz is giving us exactly the opposite of that.

I think everyone would love more information. I won't lie, I want it to. But I also know this game has had a troubled past. They already rushed the release once. I think it's best they focus on JP and move to the West later. We will end up with a more polished game. Could they do better with communication? Yes. But consider where they were. We had even less communication with them during the Aeria period. So as far as I'm concerned this is a step in the right direction. They could do better but hopefully they will continue to improve.

• Did I now? Arekkuusu's argument hinged on advertisement. I merely wanted to add that there is much more involved in a game's success then just advertisement. I mentioned the two franchises success beckoned on past successes to pull them through rough patches. Advertisement isn't going to save Bless. Good PR and attention to the issues brought forth in beta will. Another part of their argument was based on fanbase. This game was never developed with any fanbase in mind, so of course it goes without saying that Warcraft and Final Fantasy have larger communities because they have established IP's.

While they agree with the core concept, what they failed to recognize what what else was involved in making games. FFXIV pulled itself out of the ashes because of their ability to connect with their community. Focusing on JP will limit further wasting of resources. Right now their focus is JP and should remain so until they decide to leap to NA/EU.

Really? Ok, whatever. Just going to leave this here because of course advertising changes. This would hardly be a commercial by today's standards but it did exist even at what is considered the start of the MMO genre.
    (Trailer)

I think everyone would love more information. I won't lie, I want it to. But I also know this game has had a troubled past. They already rushed the release once. I think it's best they focus on JP and move to the West later. We will end up with a more polished game. Could they do better with communication? Yes. But consider where they were. We had even less communication with them during the Aeria period. So as far as I'm concerned this is a step in the right direction. They could do better but hopefully they will continue to improve.

My argument got side tracked to advertisement, but yeah, whatever.
    I'm saying there isn't enough of anything, basically.
    I know that there's more to game development than advertisement, but it's a big part of today's success stories. That you can't deny.

They're bringing Bless to the NA/EU BECAUSE the audience in the East doesn't respond well to the game. They know who their fanbase should be now that they have failed in two markets out of three (and technically it only shows that the game is unfit for the Eastern audience compared to the Western one, but that's my opinion), so they should bank on that and make us so excited about the game we want to purchase 5 copied just because.

Bless failed in Korea and in Russia and is only held by a tread in Japan. They should indeed not concentrate on Japan after announcing the game was being brought to a global release.

I'm not sure what your point was by linking a trailer.
    I know game trailers existed back then, I'm not stupid and I'm not so young as to not remember.
    I was saying that it's not the same as what we expect today from developers and games and all that.

If they had not announced the global release a couple of months ago, I would have agreed with you when you say they should focus on Japan, but they did, and I don't.
    They told us ''Hey, the game's coming'', and then they shoved some early development trash down our throats.
    That. Is. Not. Acceptable.

Raise your standards.

• Oh god at this point I'm not even sure what your argument is Arekkuusu and what you are arguing about.

The first mistake you are making is treating your opinion as the majority's opinion. There is no data to compliment your argument is in fact voicing the majority of the community. So don't act like wanting more videos and ads is what everybody else wants.

The second mistake you made is that you never supported any of your "claims" with data. You said a big part of every game's success is advertisement and that's it.

Third you failed to acknowledge the differences of the companies, games and exceptions you brought up as examples.

Fourth you've repeatedly used borderline ad hominem phrases to lower the counterarguments that disagreed with your o p i n i o n.

Finally because YOU fail to acknowledge their social media posts and steam bi-weekly updates as enough coverage of their developmental work on the game It doesn't mean that others should "raise their standards". In fact I would argue that you should lower yours. Korean mmos never had the kind of advertisement you are looking for BEFORE their release. I know BDO for a fact had close to 0 updates before their founder packs.

Going back to the start of your post, I get it you are afraid people are not going to play this game. That doesn't mean that their marketing team is bad or that the developers don't care about the game. You fail to acknowledge the fact that you have no idea what is happening at NEOWIZ right now and why the employees responsible for their social media aren't delivering content the way YOU want it delivered.

Just accept the fact that some people dislike the pace of development, others don't mind and others even like how their team is covering the pre-early access release. And move on.

Oh and you might have forgotten but Bless will do a cbt or obt first (Early Access). The fact that you want them to advertise the game in BEFORE the beta, when it is EXPECTED to be unoptimized and with some bugs in it is...interesting.

If you are going to continue arguing at the very least refrain from using "We" as in "We want that and that". I get that people might share your opinion but don't think for a moment that you speak on behalf of others, especially the majority of the community.

• Yeah, you have a point but there is definitely more to it than that. We all want the game to succeed. No point in arguing anymore, lol. Let's hope Neowiz continues to improve. One place I do agree is that Neowiz needs to step up community relations. I haven't seen much of them either. They could definitely do better.

• I don't think it's a good idea to make a lot of promo for a product that has no release date yet. I am sure they will become more active as soon as they have an ETA for early access. They just started giving Interviews so i guess we are getting closer.

• And what you need to take into account aswell is that the mmo market is rough So they will watch really really carefully when in other (released) mmo rpgs new content comes out (big content updates/patches, addons and so on) and will rise the promotion level when the time is right .

We will get a new WoW Addon this year (2nd half) and a new elder scrolls online addon (like the morrowind one).

If you are smart you can use the "hype" for other games and use it for yourself and i guess they want to deliver a game that looks promising because of the "fail" in Ru and Korea.

• And what you need to take into account aswell is that the mmo market is rough So they will watch really really carefully when in other (released) mmo rpgs new content comes out (big content updates/patches, addons and so on) and will rise the promotion level when the time is right .

We will get a new WoW Addon this year (2nd half) and a new elder scrolls online addon (like the morrowind one).

If you are smart you can use the "hype" for other games and use it for yourself and i guess they want to deliver a game that looks promising because of the "fail" in Ru and Korea.

As far as MMO's go, they don't really have any new releases. Morrowind has already released so there will be no big ESO releases but the WoW expansion might be something they need to look at. Though I don't think Neowiz needs to pay attention to that audience as it's already been established.

• Ummm i did not talked about morrowind, in eso we will get 1 new full "expansion" per year, morrowind was 2017 so 2018 a new one :D .

They add-on content every few months. I don't think that will pose a huge threat to the community like a full blown release would. Add-ons are how Zeni-max pushes the game forward. It's hardly game breaking and isn't really intended to pull anyone into the game.

• this is dead because its a fan site. The steam one is dead because a lot of us are banned from posting on there by nazi mod Cheshire. I was banned simply for posting about free speach lol.. i will buy and play bless oyt of bordum but the second air comes out im jumping ship if theres one thing i know kaokao supports free speach bless online does not as americans they spit on our rights lol. Kinda want to go play bdo right now just to soak up all that trans free speach lol. Bless will never be the next big thing anyhow to many people dont use steam and wont use it for one game.. i actually didnt use steam anymore but downloaded it to post there.. i was playing bdo without steam and will play air without steam..

• this is dead because its a fan site. The steam one is dead because a lot of us are banned from posting on there by nazi mod Cheshire. I was banned simply for posting about free speach lol.. i will buy and play bless oyt of bordum but the second air comes out im jumping ship if theres one thing i know kaokao supports free speach bless online does not as americans they spit on our rights lol. Kinda want to go play bdo right now just to soak up all that trans free speach lol. Bless will never be the next big thing anyhow to many people dont use steam and wont use it for one game.. i actually didnt use steam anymore but downloaded it to post there.. i was playing bdo without steam and will play air without steam..

dont get me started on Air. It's basically revamped Bless with another take on PvP and another setting (steam punk). Besides that it's copy paste. Heck the Assassin class is almost identical.

Also both games are heavily un-optimized, mass fights are a cluster fck in both games. Air may shine within the endgame we have yet to see but I don't think it will turn out better than Bless. At most the same.

• dont get me started on Air. It's basically revamped Bless with another take on PvP and another setting (steam punk). Besides that it's copy paste. Heck the Assassin class is almost identical.
    Also both games are heavily un-optimized, mass fights are a cluster fck in both games. Air may shine within the endgame we have yet to see but I don't think it will turn out better than Bless. At most the same.

I agree. We can't have exorbitantly high or unrealistic expectations. We just have to hope this game finds it's niche and excels in it.

Miller, if you got banned from the Steam forums it's for a good reason.
    Free speech does NOT give you the right to insult people, attack people or whatnot without consequences.
    You were banned because you were saying it's okay to laugh at someone because of their sexual orientation, skin color, or what have you.

Free speech was added to the amendments to prevent the government to silence the press and the people.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Not so that hillbillies could go online and insult gay people, people of color, or whatever their tiny mind is set upon that is derogatory.

You never have the right to insult someone under the pretext of free speech.

• Some of the replies in here silly to say the lest, regardless of the budgets they have, they could and should have been way more active on social media.

Nothing worse than apologist, for games, they the ones who help make games fail!!

• Some of the replies in here silly to say the lest, regardless of the budgets they have, they could and should have been way more active on social media.

Nothing worse than apologist, for games, they the ones who help make games fail!!

How is being more active on Social Media going to help anything? The big games have a small group of people dedicated to posting on social media. They are hired and specifically deal with that platform. I don't think Bless has one yet. I would expect more social media starting with EA maybe? It's not free though contrary to what your implying.

What so people can keep asking questions that have already been answered or cannot be answered yet??? It is counter productive. Gaming communities are too needy, sit back, shut up and wait like everyone else....also do your own research. It takes a couple minutes to find answers to questions people are asking.