Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Blessed Online - Interview Discussions

• Blessed Online - Interview Discussions

Greetings all!

With the Early Access being just around the corner people have raised a lot of questions regarding the development of the game. Thanks to the contributions of cyric#3865
      to help spread awareness we've been given insight to what the developers have been up too based on a couple interviews. I'll be linking them both in this thread and will additionally include any future articles that arise. What are your thoughts on what was discussed? Let's work together as a community to provide constructive criticism and feedback to help better this game upon EA and Official Launch!

List of Links:

mmorpg.com/bless/interviews/ne…12565#KZtUgTwKKtCiIEvl.99
      mmogames.com/gamearticles/bles…-interview-with-the-devs/
      massivelyop.com/2018/03/21/ble…classes-and-no-lockboxes/
      "Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
      - John Donne

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skaldas ().

• I'm really interested into the direction that the developers are going in regarding PvP.

Bless Online Team wrote:

there will be a consumable item that players can buy in-game to make them non-PVP enabled. This will work all the way to the level cap, last for a time, and has no cooldown. At the level cap, the item will still be obtainable, but via the Cash Shop.
      It's an interesting idea to have for a consumable item. I'd like to know more about endgame and buying it from the cash shop. How long would it last and do you think it should be frequently repurchased?
      "Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
      - John Donne
    • Skaldas wrote:

I'm really interested into the direction that the developers are going in regarding PvP.

Bless Online Team wrote:

there will be a consumable item that players can buy in-game to make them non-PVP enabled. This will work all the way to the level cap, last for a time, and has no cooldown. At the level cap, the item will still be obtainable, but via the Cash Shop.
      It's an interesting idea to have for a consumable item. I'd like to know more about endgame and buying it from the cash shop. How long would it last and do you think it should be frequently repurchased?
      I think they are talking about the peace dove item. It lasts 10 minutes and can be obtained even outside of buying it from the cash shop. It's hardly make or break and is more annoying to re-apply than it is in terms of usability.
    • The fact that it can be bought only via cash shop at max lvl is a big let down for me,it's like a spit in the face at pve players.

"eh we want the most players possible on this game,so lets' bait pve only players to the game with temporary pvp off consumable items for in game money until max level,but to appease pvp players against it,put the item in cash shop only for max lvl to milk pve players"

That look a poor choice/option to bring pve players into the game in my opinion,they should keep it buyable with in game currency at max lvl too or clrearly say they don't want pve players in the game.

They mention in that part of QA that there will be possibility to earn cash shop currency via in game activities,we will see if it's enough.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

I'm really interested into the direction that the developers are going in regarding PvP.

Bless Online Team wrote:

I think they are talking about the peace dove item. It lasts 10 minutes and can be obtained even outside of buying it from the cash shop. It's hardly make or break and is more annoying to re-apply than it is in terms of usability.
      The concept of the idea itself is inherently good but it's unfinished, you're right. I think if the item lasted more extensively then it'd be much better. Do we know how often it can be obtained outside of buying it from the cash shop? Are there any differences between obtaining it and buying it?

Loka wrote:

The fact that it can be bought only via cash shop at max lvl is a big let down for me,it's like a spit in the face at pve players.

"eh we want the most players possible on this game,so lets' bait pve only players to the game with temporary pvp off consumable items for in game money until max level,but to appease pvp players against it,put the item in cash shop only for max lvl to milk pve players"

That look a poor choice/option to bring pve players into the game in my opinion,they should keep it buyable with in game currency at max lvl too or clrearly say they don't want pve players in the game.

They mention in that part of QA that there will be possibility to earn cash shop currency via in game activities,we will see if it's enough.
      I don't think it's their intention to force PvE players into PvP. Despite the nature and focus of endgame. Besides, Pentrep did clarify that the item could be obtained outside of buying it via cash shop.
      - John Donne
    • Skaldas wrote:

The concept of the idea itself is inherently good but it's unfinished, you're right. I think if the item lasted more extensively then it'd be much better. Do we know how often it can be obtained outside of buying it from the cash shop? Are there any differences between obtaining it and buying it?
      I don't think it's their intention to force PvE players into PvP. Despite the nature and focus of endgame. Besides, Pentrep did clarify that the item could be obtained outside of buying it via cash shop.
      There is currently no difference between the free one and the one you buy from the shop. They are exactly the same. This game probably won't overly focus on PVP. I feel like if you want to ignore it, then you probably can.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

There is currently no difference between the free one and the one you buy from the shop. They are exactly the same. This game probably won't overly focus on PVP. I feel like if you want to ignore it, then you probably can.
      Well put, PvE is just as important as PvP. What are your thoughts on simply extending the time for the item? How long should it be extended?
      - John Donne
    • Skaldas wrote:

Greetings all!

What are your thoughts on what was discussed? Let's work together as a community to provide constructive criticism and feedback to help better this game upon EA and Official Launch!

So I think the biggest takeaway for me is the confirmation that Assassin is having to be reworked in the new skill/combat paradigm. Also, they said you will be able to modify your skills to fit your playstyle, this is something I wanted in Bless so bad. Passives were a good start, but there weren't enough of them. So I am so happy to hear this!
    • Izkimar wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

Greetings all!

What are your thoughts on what was discussed? Let's work together as a community to provide constructive criticism and feedback to help better this game upon EA and Official Launch!

So I think the biggest takeaway for me is the confirmation that Assassin is having to be reworked in the new skill/combat paradigm. Also, they said you will be able to modify your skills to fit your playstyle, this is something I wanted in Bless so bad. Passives were a good start, but there weren't enough of them. So I am so happy to hear this!
      It's definitely something reassuring to hear. I'm looking forward to the EA so that we can get a chance to try it out ourselves.
      - John Donne
    • They clearly mention in the intervew,that at max lvl the consumable is only obtainable via cash shop

This will work all the way to the level cap, last for a time, and has no cooldown. At the level cap, the item will still be obtainable, but via the Cash Shop

The western version of bless will be a bit different than the japanese version,so if they state this,it will most likely be like they said.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Loka ().

• Loka wrote:

They clearly mention in the intervew,that at max lvl the consumable is only obtainable via cash shop

This will work all the way to the level cap, last for a time, and has no cooldown. At the level cap, the item will still be obtainable, but via the Cash Shop
      The western version of bless will be a bit different than the japanese version,so if they state this,it will most likely be like they said.
      @Pentrep - Where did you hear that information about them being available to be found outside of the cash shop at max level?
      - John Donne
    • Izkimar wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

Loka wrote:

@Pentrep - Where did you hear that information about them being available to be found outside of the cash shop at max level?

In the MMORPG interview I think.
      Sorry, I might've conveyed what I was trying to say poorly. Lemme give it another shot to try and clarify what I meant.

Where did you hear about max level players being able to find the "Peace Dove" item outside of the cash shop?
      - John Donne
    • Skaldas wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

Well put, PvE is just as important as PvP. What are your thoughts on simply extending the time for the item? How long should it be extended?
      I would think 30 minutes would be more reasonable. Then it wouldn't be as annoying to re-apply and still wouldn't be game breaking.

Skaldas wrote:

Loka wrote:

They clearly mention in the intervew,that at max lvl the consumable is only obtainable via cash shop

This was the case in the KR version and I assume it will be the case in the US/EU version. However it didn't seem to be apparent in the JP version but I never got to end game. You could get it from log in rewards or occasionally from dailies.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Skaldas wrote:

I would think 30 minutes would be more reasonable. Then it wouldn't be as annoying to re-apply and still wouldn't be game breaking.

Skaldas wrote:

Loka wrote:

This was the case in the KR version and I assume it will be the case in the US/EU version. However it didn't seem to be apparent in the JP version but I never got to end game. You could get it from log in rewards or occasionally from dailies.
      30 minutes does sound something far more reasonable. I suppose we'll have to wait until we get more information. Also, I found another interview that I'll be adding to the thread. Take a read for yourself: massivelyop.com/2018/03/21/ble…classes-and-no-lockboxes/

I'm not sure if we can pry any new information/theories from what we already know but it at least confirms what you mentioned earlier:

Bless Online wrote:

we’re hoping players will try to engage in the conflict between the two factions then. Still, if they wish to avoid PvP, they’ll be able to buy the consumable in the cash shop, and you will also be able to earn cash shop currency via in-game activities as well.
      - John Donne
    • Skaldas wrote:

30 minutes does sound something far more reasonable. I suppose we'll have to wait until we get more information. Also, I found another interview that I'll be adding to the thread. Take a read for yourself: massivelyop.com/2018/03/21/ble…classes-and-no-lockboxes/
      I'm not sure if we can pry any new information/theories from what we already know but it at least confirms what you mentioned earlier:

Bless Online wrote:

we’re hoping players will try to engage in the conflict between the two factions then. Still, if they wish to avoid PvP, they’ll be able to buy the consumable in the cash shop, and you will also be able to earn cash shop currency via in-game activities as well.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm curious if they intend to continue to log in bonus campaign they did in the KR version. It was very bare bones but was a nice incentive to log in. However that game model wasn't B2P so who knows. We'll have to wait and see.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.