Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Pinned Development Roadmap Interview: EA length, Housing In Development, and more confirmations

• Loka wrote:

Well, i wanted to play as iblis since the game was announced many years ago,so i was hoping they release them at the start of early access,or soon after,,since they are reworking the game.Now i know i will have to wait 2019 to maybe see them added to the game,and they don't say if they will add the 3 missing races or just one,so it's not even sure it will be Iblis. =/

Hype is dead for me.
      While i wanna play sirens, elves will do for now Lol.

I just hope we will get mystic for EA.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Loka wrote:

Well, i wanted to play as iblis since the game was announced many years ago,so i was hoping they release them at the start of early access,or soon after,,since they are reworking the game.Now i know i will have to wait 2019 to maybe see them added to the game,and they don't say if they will add the 3 missing races or just one,so it's not even sure it will be Iblis. =/

Hype is dead for me.
      Why is Iblis a make or break deal for you exactly?
      I'm bored of humans,and they look pretty generic in bless,i don't like lupus,same for mini cutes races in general.I wanted to play iblis because i like elves in general,but the aqua/forest elves look to sophisticated,iblis look more ruged,like fighters/warriors,and i like that.Also elves can't be berserker ,and since in game there are iblis towns/fortress with guards that have 2H hammers (an alternate skin of berserker axes) i have good hope they have access to berserker.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Loka ().

• "EARLY 2018" Apparently means we'll leave you in the dark the first 2 months of 2018 and then say it's gonna take another 6 months. LOOOOOOOOOL Yeah this game is already dead. They've completely screwed up this release. Too many other games will completely overshadow this mess by the end of this year and 2019. Extremely disappointed.
    • cuck wrote:

"EARLY 2018" Apparently means we'll leave you in the dark the first 2 months of 2018 and then say it's gonna take another 6 months. LOOOOOOOOOL Yeah this game is already dead. They've completely screwed up this release. Too many other games will completely overshadow this mess by the end of this year and 2019. Extremely disappointed.
      I'm interested what is going to overshadow this game in 2018? mid to late 2019, sure but nothing for the next 12 months.

I only ask because I keep a close eye on this genre and I'm worried I might have missed something. But I think it's more likely you're over exaggerating in displacing your disappointment at having to wait.
      Dark or Light, Good or Bad its all a matter of perspective. :saint: - Muriele Lightflicker :evil:
    • I am currently playing BDO, and while I love it's combat, it only has PvP for Endgame content. Oh and since Kakao switched server providers a few months ago the game is regularly unplayable... So I want another MMORPG to play.

I'm hoping Bless can fit the bill. And so far this is my take... it has a 'hybrid' type of action combat and an extreme number of skills to combine. So the different classes can be played different ways. Bless has both a variety of Dungeons and different types of PvP. So there should be more to do at Endgame.

However, I'm not sure how much fun the leveling experience will be. And I'm concerned about the relative lack of races and classes (which may not turn out to be that much of an issues).

Now when I hear info like we are referring to in this thread I take it for what it is... Nothing more! I appreciate the efforts of the parties involved in bringing this info to my attention. But what I really want is to get my hands on the game.

In light of that fact, I'm happy to pay for 'Early Access'. And I'm happy to either pay a monthly subscription, or to spend money in a cash shop. As long as I'm not 'Forced' to resort to the cash shop for items I need (Such as items to upgrade my gear for example).

The only other concern I have is that NeoWiz not try to cut costs for the server to the point where the quality of the service is ruined. This is what's wrong with BDO! If that ever happens with Bless I will immediately leave.

Whether or not the game is fully 'optimized' is not what I'm talking about. I understand that 'at the beginning' a game may not be perfectly optimized. As I understand it that's what a 'soft Launch', or Early Access, is all about. Getting the servers up and running. But after they get things running smoothly they can't switch server providers and have the game turn into a steaming pile of Male Bovine Excrement. I will never tolerate that again.

(*steps off soapbox*) Thanks for letting me vent! I'll avoid doing that again. My apologies for anyone suffering from retinal damage from my wall o'Text. =P
    • Cannyone wrote:

I am currently playing BDO, and while I love it's combat, it only has PvP for Endgame content. Oh and since Kakao switched server providers a few months ago the game is regularly unplayable... So I want another MMORPG to play.

I'm hoping Bless can fit the bill. And so far this is my take... it has a 'hybrid' type of action combat and an extreme number of skills to combine. So the different classes can be played different ways. Bless has both a variety of Dungeons and different types of PvP. So there should be more to do at Endgame.

However, I'm not sure how much fun the leveling experience will be. And I'm concerned about the relative lack of races and classes (which may not turn out to be that much of an issues).

Now when I hear info like we are referring to in this thread I take it for what it is... Nothing more! I appreciate the efforts of the parties involved in bringing this info to my attention. But what I really want is to get my hands on the game.

In light of that fact, I'm happy to pay for 'Early Access'. And I'm happy to either pay a monthly subscription, or to spend money in a cash shop. As long as I'm not 'Forced' to resort to the cash shop for items I need (Such as items to upgrade my gear for example).

The only other concern I have is that NeoWiz not try to cut costs for the server to the point where the quality of the service is ruined. This is what's wrong with BDO! If that ever happens with Bless I will immediately leave.

Whether or not the game is fully 'optimized' is not what I'm talking about. I understand that 'at the beginning' a game may not be perfectly optimized. As I understand it that's what a 'soft Launch', or Early Access, is all about. Getting the servers up and running. But after they get things running smoothly they can't switch server providers and have the game turn into a steaming pile of Male Bovine Excrement. I will never tolerate that again.

(*steps off soapbox*) Thanks for letting me vent! I'll avoid doing that again. My apologies for anyone suffering from retinal damage from my wall o'Text. =P
      I have to agree that servers might present a problem. They have a wide variety of places to pick from but ultimately would be best off doing something in the middle. Like TX in the US and Germany for EU. Right now it seems like they are aiming for a Mega server...which could be a good or bad thing depending how you look at it.
      As far as races go, this game has a bit more diversity than most. More diversity is always great but also takes away from resources that could be used elsewhere in key problem areas like optimization and engine refining.
      One thing that concerns me is that they want to develop this for consoles. From my experience, FFXI/FFXIV, consoles tend to drag down an MMO in the long run. Additionally, I think it's better they stick to PC considering all the initial issues this game has experienced.
      Overall you have some good ideas. Thanks for sharing!
    • New

It would be awesome if we got the missing races on the EU|NA launch. It would mark a nice position of commitment in our community :thumbsup:

Housing is gonna definitively take a while, even more since they want to update the other Regions according to the version we're gonna get here, after launch. They're gonna have their hands full :huh:
      Trusted compeer let us meet once fate decides upon it,

Sealed by
      Blueberry
    • New

Yeah the Housing will probably take quite a good while unfortunately.
      Hopefully the Races do pick up speed, as you're saying. It'd be great if
      Our Community helped speed that up!
      We can all do better & work faster together!
    • New

One thing to bring up about the idea of housing is availability. Should they chose to do housing they need to be careful about how they go about doing it. FFXIV's housing fiasco is a well known problem within that community.
    • New

Soon after launch, 20-man field boss and 40-man raid boss PvE content will be
      added. High level open field PvP, 15vs15, 10vs10 battlefield, and a large-scale war system will
      be added for PvP. Plus, we are also designing and developing other new features… but we can’t
      reveal everything yet!
      aight, this has me scared. I don't understand why the pve content would ever need to be so huge in scale. if there will be any actual difficulty involved, putting together and managing a group of 40 competent people will be an actual nightmare. especially if we can't be sure about the scope of the playerbase
    • New

Well... housing amongst MMORPG is usually bad. Most of the time it's instanced, you're just locked alone inside your own phasing maybe allowed to invite some people but still in a restricted area without any interest but very small social interactions and vanity purpose. It's also splitting the community so I'm more in favour of castles to conquer and customize with your guild which would fit BLESS's MMO, PvP and Lore aspects a lot more instead of proposing one house for every player. Most MMO have failed in delivering the right kind of housing and what we can see nowadays is somehow opposed to the MMO spirit.

Regarding 40-man raid bosses in PvE, this might work in Open World if everyone can join and you don't need a fully prepared raid with a huge coordination, basically an encounter designed for PuGs without any difficult pattern. Though if this is the contrary and designed for hardcore players, this would be a very bad decision since we are not anymore in 2005 with WoW and its almost unreachable-for-mortals endgame PvE content. By the way, WildStar failed at it and is almost dead by now. All of this assuming that the playerbase will be large enough.
    • New

Momoruk wrote:

Regarding 40-man raid bosses in PvE, this might work in Open World if everyone can join and you don't need a fully prepared raid with a huge coordination, basically an encounter designed for PuGs without any difficult pattern. Though if this is the contrary and designed for hardcore players, this would be a very bad decision since we are not anymore in 2005 with WoW and its almost unreachable-for-mortals endgame PvE content. By the way, WildStar failed at it and is almost dead by now. All of this assuming that the playerbase will be large enough.
      yes and yes
      for a 40-man open world boss I imagine the number would be more a guideline than a condition you need to fulfill in order to clear the encounter; potentially you could just happen upon the boss and join in. this'd be all fine and good, but it could (and really shouldn't) never have mechanics more complicated than tank-n-spank-don't-stand-in-shit, so these types of worldbosses would essentially just be large loot piñatas you wail on for five minutes with huge groups. I see that becoming more a chore than content you clear for fun.

I see two less-than-exciting possibilities for this; either it's extremely inaccessible, or just not at all engaging - non-content, so to say
      while I see the latter scenario being the better out of the two, it doesn't exactly excite me personally

while I have considerable bias saying this, I'd really love to see pve content scaled down if anything. I think dungeons with mechanics balanced for 3 players could work, not only would it enable taking things to a smaller scale from development perspective, it would also be easier to organize ingame. even though this is just something I would like to see, I feel it could be beneficial for the game itself as well
      bigger ain't always better
    • New

Moroi wrote:

Momoruk wrote:

yes and yesfor a 40-man open world boss I imagine the number would be more a guideline than a condition you need to fulfill in order to clear the encounter; potentially you could just happen upon the boss and join in. this'd be all fine and good, but it could (and really shouldn't) never have mechanics more complicated than tank-n-spank-don't-stand-in-shit, so these types of worldbosses would essentially just be large loot piñatas you wail on for five minutes with huge groups. I see that becoming more a chore than content you clear for fun.

I see two less-than-exciting possibilities for this; either it's extremely inaccessible, or just not at all engaging - non-content, so to say
      while I see the latter scenario being the better out of the two, it doesn't exactly excite me personally

while I have considerable bias saying this, I'd really love to see pve content scaled down if anything. I think dungeons with mechanics balanced for 3 players could work, not only would it enable taking things to a smaller scale from development perspective, it would also be easier to organize ingame. even though this is just something I would like to see, I feel it could be beneficial for the game itself as well
      bigger ain't always better
      One problem with the scale of these raids right now is the optimization of the game. Even in KR large gathering of players in cities lead to bottlenecking of data. That's when there's little to nothing going on. So think about that magnified when people are all engaging in whatever animations 40 times or more all at once. Large scale events always have problems no matter how good the servers are. They need to cap off the event at some point or you end up with what FFXIV had in open world hunts. "Difficult" monsters dying in seconds and more than half the people participating getting nothing because they didn't do enough damage.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.