Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Massively interview with Game Director Jae-hoon Jeon.

• Massively interview with Game Director Jae-hoon Jeon.

New

Someone posted this on steam forums, thought to share it here

massivelyop.com/2018/02/12/ble…-and-avoiding-pay-to-win/

"We haven’t finalized our monetization plan, but we understand your concerns about P2W. Of course, that isn’t going to happen and we will share our plans once they’re finalized. We are leaning more towards the B2P model, but a final decision hasn’t been made. Once we have all details in place, we’ll be sharing it with everyone."
    • New

Thank you for the link. I'm going to quote some lines from the interview.

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

we’ve watched it blossom in South Korea
      ... and wither and die.

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

Depending on the player’s choice, Bless characters can have their own combat style and combat mode, even if they wear the same equipment and have the same level. Your class dictates your skills and abilities, but how you approach combat and what equipment you wield can vary greatly.
      ... 'even if you wear the same equipment [...] what equipment you wield can vary greatly.'
      I don't think so.

That aside - what do you think about that statement? I have to say I don't see great variety when it comes to a single class. Do you?

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

EA data will not be erased, so players can join and play freely without fear of losing progress.
      That's new! So they won't call it beta but make it early access without a wipe. I like it.

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

We haven’t finalized our monetization plan, but we understand your concerns about P2W. Of course, that isn’t going to happen
      'OF COURSE'. Well, there you have it, Ladies and Gentlemen; it's obvious.
    • New

Meruru wrote:

Thank you for the link. I'm going to quote some lines from the interview.

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

we’ve watched it blossom in South Korea
      ... and wither and die.

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

Depending on the player’s choice, Bless characters can have their own combat style and combat mode, even if they wear the same equipment and have the same level. Your class dictates your skills and abilities, but how you approach combat and what equipment you wield can vary greatly.
      ... 'even if you wear the same equipment [...] what equipment you wield can vary greatly.'I don't think so.

That aside - what do you think about that statement? I have to say I don't see great variety when it comes to a single class. Do you?

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

EA data will not be erased, so players can join and play freely without fear of losing progress.
      That's new! So they won't call it beta but make it early access without a wipe. I like it.

Jae-hoon Jeon wrote:

We haven’t finalized our monetization plan, but we understand your concerns about P2W. Of course, that isn’t going to happen
      'OF COURSE'. Well, there you have it, Ladies and Gentlemen; it's obvious.
      Yeah this article was propaganda if I've ever seen it. So much inflated and exaggerated information it's ridiculous. In short nothing really new in this article but I find it funny that he white-washes Blesses past. I guess they are trying to pull a fast one on the community. Good luck...
    • New

crescenttwin0 wrote:

Oh so, it will be B2P then? Great, i see im not regretting swearing the people who prefered B2P :) Im looking forward to see Bless get worse corrupted in NA/EU than it is in Korea. Good luck.
      It might be. I don't think its clear yet. Hopefully it won't change much between JP and NA/EU. I don't think it should follow the KR model though.
    • New

Im not sure, the B2P vote bar won in the first place. I read somewhere they were going to release it as P2W, but i doubt it will happen this way. I dont know how the game is going in Japan, good, bad? So, in the KR it is free or b2p?
      :blesscuriosity:
    • New

crescenttwin0 wrote:

Im not sure, the B2P vote bar won in the first place. I read somewhere they were going to release it as P2W, but i doubt it will happen this way. I dont know how the game is going in Japan, good, bad? So, in the KR it is free or b2p?
      The poll may or may not impact the game. Furthermore Bless developers have stated multiple times that they are trying to avoid a P2W system.