Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Optimization Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Optimization Question

I have one very important question which could keep me and quite a few others from playing the game depending on the answer.

IS THIS GAME OPTIMIZED? (sorry for the caps, just pissed right now)

As most people have tried out BDO, there has been a lack of optimization especially for the newer graphics cards. This lack of optimization sees someone with a high end computer such as myself still seeing significant Frame Rate drops and connection instability issues (Latter was due to inconsistencies between Windows 10 and the way the drivers are set up). I did test the latter by running the game in compatibility mode via Windows 8 and 7 with significant connection stabilization.

Now, back to the matter at hand.

Is Bless Online going to be optimized for said higher end PC's?
      Example is I7-6700HQ (2.60GHz) chipset and a Nvidia GTX 1060 Graphics card.

I do know this is not the highest end PC but compared to a lot of folks that i've spoken with, it tends to be more of a Low-Higher End PC.

I do apologize for the partial rant, I am simply fed up with the BS from these companies and their lack of acknowledging the player-base issues that are quite relevant.
    • Client optimization has been a weak point of Bless since the start and continues to be so now. All previous versions died largely in part due to it, especially RU. The latest version is significantly better than all previous, but cannot possibly be called great. Frame rate drops to very low very often in cities and other areas dense with NPCs/other assets even after editing config files for better performance. It's improved now, we have to wait and see how much more so in the global version.

If you're expecting amazing optimization,
    • seadragon121 wrote:

Oh lord. Don't tell me that. Do you happen to know what the common problem is? Is it like a conflict between Windows 10, GFX, CPU, RAM issue? Or is it just a random hodge podge of lets see what problems we have today?
      I believe the game suffers from poor optimization for a number of reasons mostly because of the outdated engine it's using and the seemless world it's integrated. No "zoning" puts a lot of load on the servers and running the game itself suffers as a result.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pentrep ().

• A lot of eastern games are designed to run on PC cafes which have specific specs, normally very good specs.

All the initial optimization are for games on homogenized pcs, so when it ports to the west where everybody has a hodgepodge of random parts mixed and matched, performance can suffer.

Its all really god damn hard to fix for a technical standpoint
      I'm back!
    • Alright so my next question would be how different are the specs for these Cafe's? I just looked up the Japanese version of Bless online and it's specifications and they are running some older stuff. So does this mean the team who made this game fail to predict the rapidly evolving software and hardware components?

Here's the website I found it on as well btw. game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=23901&game=Bless

If the gaming company is truly trying to better itself and create this wonderful experience, and yes I know nothing goes without a hitch, then hopefully they really will lead to their player feedback.

Here's an article that just barely scratches the surface of what goes on with the optimization process.

pcgamer.com/what-optimization-really-means-in-games/3/ (this article talks a little bit about porting from consoles to PC) but still a good read.
    • I don't think this game ever ran well even by Korean standards. It's been an issue from the start and this game never really gained serious traction in Korea. As far as hardware evolution goes...the sword edge goes both ways. There are many computers that can't run older games. Compatibility might be a problem but I don't forsee that as an issue for a game as recent as Bless. This issue usually deals with OS and Bless has been developed with Windows 10 in mind.
    • From my own experience, having a better CPU will have a greater impact than having a better GPU.
      Bless is made in Unreal Engine 3, which is more CPU bound.
      Also, the engine config files in Bless are set so the game only use 1 core of the CPU and there's plenty other stuff to do in these config files that'd would make the game to run better.

For example, I bought a GTX970 slightly overclocked 2 years ago, but I still have my old i5 2320 @ 3.00 GHz, so I struggle to have consistent good FPS.

However, the game does get better optimization. For example, I remember not being able to play properly without modified config files for Bless Rebuild (KR), but I can play (with FPS drops in towns) fine now in the JP client.
      But in JP, modifying config files is a bit more complicated since the laucher scans the game files.

In my opinion, updating to UE4 would probably be a great change, however, knowing how much work that is, maybe the game should stay with UE3 and getting more optimization updates instead.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bless still runs with DX9. Updating it to DX11 could make the game to run better.
    • QcDiablo wrote:

From my own experience, having a better CPU will have a greater impact than having a better GPU.
      Bless is made in Unreal Engine 3, which is more CPU bound.
      Also, the engine config files in Bless are set so the game only use 1 core of the CPU and there's plenty other stuff to do in these config files that'd would make the game to run better.

For example, I bought a GTX970 slightly overclocked 2 years ago, but I still have my old i5 2320 @ 3.00 GHz, so I struggle to have consistent good FPS.

However, the game does get better optimization. For example, I remember not being able to play properly without modified config files for Bless Rebuild (KR), but I can play (with FPS drops in towns) fine now in the JP client.
      But in JP, modifying config files is a bit more complicated since the laucher scans the game files.

In my opinion, updating to UE4 would probably be a great change, however, knowing how much work that is, maybe the game should stay with UE3 and getting more optimization updates instead.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bless still runs with DX9. Updating it to DX11 could make the game to run better.
      UE4 is something that will never happen. A DX update might be possible but may actually make the game run worse since it was designed for DX9/10. Compatibility is always a problem no matter what game. They need to fix what they have.

seadragon121 wrote:

With it being ported over to the West now.. They much know about these issues and are working on a fix hopefully since we do have a bunch of hodge podge computers?
      They know about the issue. As for what they are doing about it? I'm not sure.