Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

What I Expect From Bless In 2018 & The Game's Journey So Far Since 2011!

• What I Expect From Bless In 2018 & The Game's Journey So Far Since 2011!

New

Hey guys, I just finished making a video on my prediction and thoughts on what the game will offer in the upcoming Steam release next year and I thought I'd share it with you. We've certainly had a rough patch in 2017, lots of ups and downs with this title, from multiple cancellations to rekindled hype.. and so I thought it was good to start by talking about how the game has performed in the MMORPG market from when it was announced 6+ years ago to now! Let me know what you guys think. Do you think Bless will be a front runner MMORPG for 2018? Will the content impress the Western audience?

I've based these on my time in RU OBT ➜ KR OBT ➜ Rebuild Project ➜ and the little time I've had to check out the continuation of rebuild on JP. I've been trying to push myself to check out end-game content in JP too, but the holidays have had me pretty busy the past couple of weeks and to be honest, a bit less interested as I've had to go through both faction's story over a dozen times already. If they could patch in 50 content, I might be more motivated! I have video content planned still, so eventually I will get there. If global doesn't catch up to me.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and happy new years to everyone here in the Bless-Source community! I wish you all and your families the best of luck and fortune in the upcoming new year. :thumbsup: I hope to discuss more interesting Bless topics with you guys in 2018.
    • New

Great video mate. I agree with everything you said. But the realist in me is screaming that Bless will most likely fail in the west too. While it has a lot of potential the speed at which content is delivered doesn't even begin to match the speed of other game developers and especially Black Desert. Imo they'll have to step up and release a lot of new content next year as well as very heavy marketing campaigns like you said. I haven't played KR or JP in a while but is optimization still a big issue? I hope they've worked a bit on it at least.
    • New

Ryxes wrote:

Great video mate. I agree with everything you said. But the realist in me is screaming that Bless will most likely fail in the west too. While it has a lot of potential the speed at which content is delivered doesn't even begin to match the speed of other game developers and especially Black Desert. Imo they'll have to step up and release a lot of new content next year as well as very heavy marketing campaigns like you said. I haven't played KR or JP in a while but is optimization still a big issue? I hope they've worked a bit on it at least.
      I think you can expect similar content delivery to what BNS does. They will reduce the cap then deliver content in small chunks at a spread out pace. It should take time before the West reaches up to KR. By that time they should have new content and the cycle will continue.
    • New

Thanks Pentrep! I will keep it up. I have a lot of Bless content planned ahead for the Steam release and also before that (depending on how far I get in JP).

Pentrep wrote:

I think you can expect similar content delivery to what BNS does. They will reduce the cap then deliver content in small chunks at a spread out pace. It should take time before the West reaches up to KR. By that time they should have new content and the cycle will continue.
      This is very typical when it comes to releases with NA publisher so that players feel that they are getting "new content". I think it works if there's already a lot of content beforehand, but will hurt Bless a lot if it launches initially with the old cap and missing all the new dungeons, mystic, ranger etc.

Ryxes wrote:

I haven't played KR or JP in a while but is optimization still a big issue? I hope they've worked a bit on it at least.
      They have improved client optimization in JP and Rebuild server significantly, but I still found myself having to edit config files to make it better. I would say it's "better than tolerable" now in JP, KR live is "tolerable", in comparison to RU and old KR builds which were "not tolerable, headache inducing".
    • New

That's nice. And yeah Bless can do what BnS did, but it won't take long at all before NA/EU are all caught up. I also agree with Nocht that will hurt Bless, especially not releasing with mystic/ranger included, since they're among the most popular classes.
    • New

Nocht wrote:

Thanks Pentrep! I will keep it up. I have a lot of Bless content planned ahead for the Steam release and also before that (depending on how far I get in JP).

Pentrep wrote:

This is very typical when it comes to releases with NA publisher so that players feel that they are getting "new content". I think it works if there's already a lot of content beforehand, but will hurt Bless a lot if it launches initially with the old cap and missing all the new dungeons, mystic, ranger etc.

Ryxes wrote:

I haven't played KR or JP in a while but is optimization still a big issue? I hope they've worked a bit on it at least.
      They have improved client optimization in JP and Rebuild server significantly, but I still found myself having to edit config files to make it better. I would say it's "better than tolerable" now in JP, KR live is "tolerable", in comparison to RU and old KR builds which were "not tolerable, headache inducing".
      Yeah, I think you can expect whatever content JP had during rebuild to be launched when NA/EU launches. I wouldn't expect everything to be included. They need a buffer in regards to content to give them some time to make more.
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

Yeah, I think you can expect whatever content JP had during rebuild to be launched when NA/EU launches. I wouldn't expect everything to be included. They need a buffer in regards to content to give them some time to make more.
      I don't mind if raid content is late, but all existing classes should be in with their rebuild skill trees. Maybe they can add in the old dungeons that were removed too. I just really think that variety will be needed early on in race/class variety as well as gameplay activities (dungeons). En Masse recently has released their newest games with only half of the playable classes and very slowly releasing more. This process has killed those two games already since both of which have little variety in what you can do (variety is in the different combat styles of characters and fun in PvPing against various characters, which they throttled). In my opinion, it's just not smart to leave some of the classes out to use them as "newly updated content" later on. Hopefully we will have all including Ranger, Assassin, Mage and Mystic at the start. :D
    • New

I cant see them releasing in the west without all the class's tbh it would be a silly move on there part.

Plus the Neowizz guys that are on steam seem to be ok i feel they really do read peoples comments and feedback and do take it on board. As far as content goes as long as there are some dungeons to do and some pvp to be had im sure that will keep people busy for a few months.

Alot of the western players have never played Bless so its going to be a new thing for them i can only see a small % of players steam balling through stuff and that % being most of you guys on here lol.
    • New

Hitokiri wrote:

I cant see them releasing in the west without all the class's tbh it would be a silly move on there part.

Plus the Neowizz guys that are on steam seem to be ok i feel they really do read peoples comments and feedback and do take it on board. As far as content goes as long as there are some dungeons to do and some pvp to be had im sure that will keep people busy for a few months.

Alot of the western players have never played Bless so its going to be a new thing for them i can only see a small % of players steam balling through stuff and that % being most of you guys on here lol.
      They may need to do something about the classes and roles. Currently there is one main tank and one main healer with potentially one subpar healer and one subpar tank. From experience people tend to stick with the tried and true meaning Paladin will likely be a dedicated healer and Guardian the dedicated tank. This is concerning as it leads to pidgeonhole and lack of diversification in roles. Technically Berserker and Paladin can also tank with Mystic being able to heal. So I think there needs to be more diversification for classes that fall into these roles.
    • New

Nocht wrote:

I don't mind if raid content is late, but all existing classes should be in with their rebuild skill trees. Maybe they can add in the old dungeons that were removed too. I just really think that variety will be needed early on in race/class variety as well as gameplay activities (dungeons). En Masse recently has released their newest games with only half of the playable classes and very slowly releasing more. This process has killed those two games already since both of which have little variety in what you can do (variety is in the different combat styles of characters and fun in PvPing against various characters, which they throttled). In my opinion, it's just not smart to leave some of the classes out to use them as "newly updated content" later on. Hopefully we will have all including Ranger, Assassin, Mage and Mystic at the start. :D
      I'll also like ranger and mystics could be in NA release. But I'm concern about mystic, specially cause the steam trailer doesn't include that class :S

Maybe they don't know if they'll be able to have that class in time...