Is Bless Online Going to be Pay to Win? My opinion & discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is Bless Online Going to be Pay to Win? My opinion & discussion

Below is what I have found and only my opinion. I am very excited to read yours. Keep it positive plz :D

I always am careful when it comes to Eastern made MMO's, as they are more often then not, pay to win. I always reserve my opinion until I have more information. I came across this video that was made by someone playing on the Russian Servers. He goes through the entire cash shop and it did not seem that you could purchase anything outright. Everything seemed to be hidden under RNG boxes. For example, if I want a specific mount, I have to buy a mount box and you are guaranteed a mount, however, the type of mount, and sometimes, rarity is RNG. I saw his clothing tab and it was filled with the exact 3 sets of armor that he had received over and over through RNG boxes. Not to mention that, but you can purchase points in the cash shop. ie. Dungeon points, PVP points, discovery points etc.

I am not saying that our cash shop will be a copy/paste version of the one I saw, however, if it is, does that make it pay to win? My personal opinion would be yes. I don't think it will keep me from playing the game as I do not like RNG boxes in the first place and would never spend money on any, and I am not they type to pay for points. The only thing it effects on my side is the fact that this game will be getting no money from me and I love spending money on silly mounts, pet, and outfits in games that I play for free. My way of showing my appreciation for a job well done. I personally cannot throw my money away on RNG boxes and points though.

This is only my opinion, and I would love to read yours. Discuss.

• Right now as it stands Bless is not P2W. There is a very good chance it will stay that way since Neowiz is self publishing it both in the East and in the West. One issue that remains to see is how they will make up what they lost. You can expect some sort of cash grab early on but I don't think it will have much to do with the cash shop. Maybe a founders pack or something similar but nothing game breaking.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Right now as it stands Bless is not P2W. There is a very good chance it will stay that way since Neowiz is self publishing it both in the East and in the West. One issue that remains to see is how they will make up what they lost. You can expect some sort of cash grab early on but I don't think it will have much to do with the cash shop. Maybe a founders pack or something similar but nothing game breaking.
      So do you not consider RNG boxes, and currency purchasing to be P2W
    • Superhiro wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Right now as it stands Bless is not P2W. There is a very good chance it will stay that way since Neowiz is self publishing it both in the East and in the West. One issue that remains to see is how they will make up what they lost. You can expect some sort of cash grab early on but I don't think it will have much to do with the cash shop. Maybe a founders pack or something similar but nothing game breaking.
      RNG boxes tend to be cosmetic so...no. They are definitely a cash grab and Bless will likely have some version of them. Currency purchasing? Yes. I'm going to approach this subject from the BNS perspective since it's the only game I know of that legitimizes currency sales in game. RMT exists no matter what game you play so even if the system doesn't exist then there will be markets outside of the game to take advantage of. Now the currency market, last I checked, dropped so much in BNS that gold is essentially worth nothing and as such isn't worth farming. I think this method is better in the long run but early on it will create a problem.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Superhiro wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

RNG boxes tend to be cosmetic so...no. They are definitely a cash grab and Bless will likely have some version of them. Currency purchasing? Yes. I'm going to approach this subject from the BNS perspective since it's the only game I know of that legitimizes currency sales in game. RMT exists no matter what game you play so even if the system doesn't exist then there will be markets outside of the game to take advantage of. Now the currency market, last I checked, dropped so much in BNS that gold is essentially worth nothing and as such isn't worth farming. I think this method is better in the long run but early on it will create a problem.

Hmmmmm those items are not on the cash shop on the rebuild.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Weakdayz ().

• Weakdayz wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Superhiro wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Hmmmmm those items are not on the cash shop on the rebuild.
      Nope, they aren't. It was more of a general discussion than one relating to Bless as it currently stands right now.