Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Is this "old style" co-op MMO

• Is this "old style" co-op MMO

Hey all!

I've played a lot of mmos in last 15 years and I've bumped off most of them rather quickly. The reason is that all of the new stuff, is bassicaly single player game with chat box (the perfect example being BDO).
      I've got a question for people that played Bless since beta stage and have some expirience in it.

Does the game emphasise cooperative play? Like you absolutly need to party up to do a resonable portion of content? Is the economy player run? Can you actually trade and sell stuff between people (BDO was traumatic for me).
      Do you need to rely on other people for gear not only quests rewards and merchants? (Like someone crafts X and you need to buy it from him, while you can craft Y etc. etc.) And finally does this game have meaningful social aspects and politics, like for example Lineage 2 where guild politics, battles for raidbosses and wars could make this 100% gear depended game so damn fun? Oh, and are there world bosses or only instaced dungeons?

I know I asked a lot of questions, some of them maybe can't be answered yet, but I'd love to hear from the Veterans. I've bought the korean account and I'm currently giving it a try on Rebuild server and I have really high hopes for this game. The combat is quite enjoyable with my assassin, so after reading so much about it being trash I figure devs are moving in the right direction :)

I'd love to hear some answers and I thank in advance for them, I'm just becoming and old fart rapidly and due to tons of real life responsibilities, figuring it out myself would take me A LOT of time (also so far I've met 1 person in game) ^^

Kind Regards,
      Drago
    • Hi Drago,

Some of your questions are personaly depended.

The game is a cooperative game (for me). A lot of thinks I can't do without a party/group.
      The trading , sorry is like BDO. It is impossible to trade between chars. You have to use the AuctionHouse.
      Therefor a lot of your questions are answered.
      To tell the true I'm unhappy about this tradeding and I hope the will change this behavior.

For myself the game have meaningful social aspects. I don't play Lineage 2, therefor it is my personaly opinion.

The world boss are "instanced" but usable for everyone. If you join the instance you will have automatically the
      necessary lvl.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Best regards
      Antyr
    • It's been a long time since i didnt played this game ( played on RU ) but if i remember correct, i've been helping and helped a lot with crafting items with my guild. We had to send items via "mail", so i had to do in order to exchange items with other ppl, which i did several times.
      (sorry for my bad english )
    • What's with the stupid trend to turn perfectly fine MMOs into bassicaly single player expirience? No trade takes out all of the immersion from me. The ArcheAge was perfect until Devs introduced RNG lootboxes that ruined the market :( Guess I'll have to wait to see if Ashes Of Creation can deliver
    • IMHO self sufficiency is a pretty big thing in eastern MMO's. Both in the standard version and in rebuild there is more "solo" content than "group". But there is an end game and it's at that point that grouping becomes more apparent. There are also lower level dungeons which also require groups. So leveling is more solo than not but the option does exist to group up. Hunting can get rather cumbersome solo.
    • Well I guess they just don't make AAA MMOs that suit my taste anymore. For me the pinnacle of MMO was and still is Lineage 2. I've been on and off playing this game since 2004. You could solo your way to max lvl, but with certain classes it was just impossible. The game had epic raids for every lvl range, on low rate servers getting to max lvl could take months so not everyone even got to the max lvl, you didn't have "automatic lvl up for bosses" so you either were good enough or had to come back later. Every single item in game was tradeable, and only certain classes could craft or gather mats, so it was almost impossible to be self sufficient, unrestricted open world PVP, no RNG lootboxes only 60% craft recipes. Damn now it's glorified single player with chatbox and auction house of regulated price ranges -.-
    • Bless isn't the type of game you have in mind however it doesn't mean its "bad" it has its good and bad sides. However after reading your post i think there's a new game being worked on that might interest you, its called...Ashes of Creation...it has a very interesting and unique system, just search on youtube and you will learn all about it, however it might take a while to release it perhaps end of next year or even 2019, its just a personal eta nothing certain or a fact.
      Just trying to help you find the type of games that you like
    • Of course it's a matter of personal opinion. I've come here because I've read on many sites that ex L2 players are praising it very much. Honstly I'm having a blast playing it on rebuild server, I think it's a great game as long as I'm playing it alone. I just know the moment I start playing with my friends and we won't be able to trade or craft together I will become disgusted with it. I wish the best of luck to Bless and hope that EU version will incorporate trade even limted mailing items like russian did. Sorry for my harsh post but after what devs did to Black Desert after the alphas and beta I got really frustrted that Bless is going the same road.

I know about AoC, I've bought myself a founder pack to aplha so maybe it will fill my need for MMO that is actualy multiplayer game from the start ;)
    • Drago wrote:

Of course it's a matter of personal opinion. I've come here because I've read on many sites that ex L2 players are praising it very much. Honstly I'm having a blast playing it on rebuild server, I think it's a great game as long as I'm playing it alone. I just know the moment I start playing with my friends and we won't be able to trade or craft together I will become disgusted with it. I wish the best of luck to Bless and hope that EU version will incorporate trade even limted mailing items like russian did. Sorry for my harsh post but after what devs did to Black Desert after the alphas and beta I got really frustrted that Bless is going the same road.

I know about AoC, I've bought myself a founder pack to aplha so maybe it will fill my need for MMO that is actualy multiplayer game from the start ;)
      Even if the absence of trades will not keep me from playing this game, i kind of agree with you,. I've been playing Lineage 2 back in the days and I guess i'm looking for something like you are, where open world bosses and castle are a bless !
      I hope they will add trades to the game for the NA/EU market, i mean i think there is a high chance they do.
    • You can't just look at it from a personal perspective, you have to look at it from the company's point of view. They've probably seen tons of games have horrible reviews because of gold sellers, which is what comes with open trading. I didn't like Black Desert's non-trading system either until you go play another game and you see people abusing real money transactions and buying gold. I'll take no trading over that any day. It forces people to earn their stuff.
    • Well every game has rmt that's a fact. And I didn't see a game that was ruined by gold sellers, but I've seen a ton that were ruined by P2W cash shop and stupid devs decisions. There are other ways to disable it than blocking trade as a whole. I just don't understad putting complex crafting systems in MMOs that doesn't allow you to benefit from them. Why even put the crafting in? Just make everything buyable from vendors, there is no difference to me. I'll take gold sellers over mmos that are single player for 90% of the time every day. As you said it it's a matter of personal taste.

And btw main complaint about Black Desert is that people are abusing real money trading in pay to win cash shop.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drago ().

• I think most of the complaints people have now really can't be realized until the game is fully localized. From what I've seen the game is far from P2W at least in Korea. I have no idea if they will continue that trend in NA/EU but chances are the item mall won't change much. I know it's one of the things on their to do list. We'll have to wait and see for sure.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.