Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Bless being buy to play

• Bless being buy to play

I think we are all thinking buy to play games are the future of the mmo market here in the west. Being buy to play promotes the great experiences from sub games wile not paying all the cash and giving us the chance to not see the pay to win free to play elements. I think a good buy to play game with a non pay to win cash shop is the way to go for not only this mmo, but for all mmo's to come.

What do you guys think about this? Leave comments :)
    • I would be okay with buy to play. I still prefer the old sub model from way back... but that's never coming back. Even games with subs nowadays generally double dip with the cash shop, so best to not pay one at all. :(
    • P2W is for everyone different. For me is BDO a bit p2w with weight limit increase ,the tailoring coupon which allows you to put a gem in your costume for stats, a pet which doubles the drop from gathering. But like i said, everyone has an other opinion on it. I just hope they dont put p2w in the western release, cause we all know, games in korea are almost always p2w

The post was edited 2 times, last by HIDDEN ().

• Now my Korean is far from good but I've played a good amount of Bless throughout it's release on the KR server. From what I've seen the cash shop is 75% cosmetic and 25% quality of life enhancement. But these enhancements are more about being efficient that gaining any particular advantage. Examples from what I've seen include longer term gathering tools and food stuff that is reusable. Some potions also existed but I think they planned to take them out. Even the food items were nothing special offering little more than what you could get on auction. From what I can tell Bless doesn't seem to be a B2W title and I fully support this decision.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Now my Korean is far from good but I've played a good amount of Bless throughout it's release on the KR server. From what I've seen the cash shop is 75% cosmetic and 25% quality of life enhancement. But these enhancements are more about being efficient that gaining any particular advantage. Examples from what I've seen include longer term gathering tools and food stuff that is reusable. Some potions also existed but I think they planned to take them out. Even the food items were nothing special offering little more than what you could get on auction. From what I can tell Bless doesn't seem to be a B2W title and I fully support this decision.
      Thank you for the great info Pentrep!! Its nice to hear that area games did not rub off on this game lol.
    • Randaman wrote:

GW2 is a good example of buy to play done right; but, black desert might not be in some eyes.
      The thing about BDO is that while you cant really call their cash shop P2W if you dont use it you wont have fun due to various restrictions (like weight) and at the end of the day we are all playing games for fun. Basically its even worse than P2W because if it was P2W it would affect PvP only but these restrictions affect everything.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Namus ().

• well I haven't been playing for a while and not sure whether if what I'm saying is still up to date or already out of date.

Anyway Bless is one of the fairest games in terms of cash shop usage. It is mostly pay for convenience rather than pay to win. The mounts especially mounts with high movement speed and low cast time are something to worry as well as their flash shop were some highend materials were sold (not so highend depending on the state of the game but highend back then).

Another thing would be the peace declaration items which take you out of the game for a certain time. In my opinion a good view if one side really over does it but question remains if you should play these kind of games if you can't stand being killed.

Anything else is just paying for convenience. Nothing really stands out much.
    • The title is a bit misleading. Just to be clear, there is nothing yet that states the model the NA version will have. Not even a "Free to Play" tag on the Steam page. Most likely free to play.. just 99.999999% and a safe bet.

Bless Online in my Top 10 MMORPGs In 2018!
    • One thing they need to work on is the subscription system for this game. Right now their are 3 different levels on the standard Korean version and each costs different prices to boot. But make no mistake about it the game will have micro-transactions. Honestly they are going to need a lot of support early out of the gate especially since they struggled with the initial release both in Korea and elsewhere. I really want this game to succeed and hope that they pull it off.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.