Is this an okay desktop for gaming?

Is this an okay desktop for gaming?

I want to make sure my choice will be an okay one before I spend a whole YEAR working to get this desktop:
      amazon.com/Dell-XPS-8700-Deskt…/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I am an MMORPG gamer and a digital artist. In light of next gen. MMORPG games coming out, I want to get a new desktop.
      I currently run on an XP so it's time to change.

I'm still a highschool student ( Decided not to grad this year) so I have limited time to work, but I plan to earn the money for this desktop before I move onto mortgage stuff.

Before I start dedicating my time for this, I want to make sure it will be able to run next gen. MMORPGs like Bless online, Icarus Online, Black Desert Online, Condor Heroes: Zero and Revelation Online.
      I have never had an opportunity to see MMORPG games at their fullest, and I really want this to happen.

Is this desktop a good one?
      Overpriced and shit for gaming.
      dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2…model_id=alienware-x51-r2
      is much more suitable, but still totally overpriced. Self-build costs at least 25% less for same or even better components. So you might check some computer shops aside from Dell.
      amazon.ca/Asus-M51AC-US004S-De…983&sr=8-1&keywords=M51AC

This one?
      People complain that the customer service is bad though....
      The site says it can go up to 32 GB, but Idk about what Amazon has

amazon.com/gp/product/B006L9QB…e=&qid=1404080209&sr=8-15
      OR the Alienware Aurora, with 8gb. But on Amazon I keep reading that it overheats really fast and customer service is bad..... things like this make me not want to get a computer at all.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “DivinePrince” ().

That ASUS has a total entry level GPU. Don't even look at anything below a 660/760 in case of nVidia or 78xx in case of AMD.
      CPU is a big factor in game performance, but GPU is the second biggest. Not RAM. The difference between cheap RAM and only 4GiB size to 32GiB low latency is less than 15%, whereas a GPU can spike over 100%+ performance increase compared to slower models.

This Alienware also has a low-to-mid-range GPU.
      What's wrong with your desktop retailers? It's rare to see such a low performance hardware for these high prices in Europe...
      The one i linked is a new model, hence the 760 nVidia GPU and the i7-4790 (4th gen, instead of 2nd gen like the i7-2600k)
      This one has tech from 2-3 yrs ago: amazon.com/gp/product/B006L9QB…e=&qid=1404080209&sr=8-15
      Unless of course you mean the Aurora listed here: dell.com/us/p/alienware-aurora…px?~ck=anav&~ck=mn&~ck=mn
      Which is the same generation as the x51 and a little bit better.
      Building a PC is simple and much cheaper than getting one of those overpriced pre-built PCs.

How much money do you wanna spend on your new PC and where do you live? I'll give you a good setup. In what resolution are you playing and do you want your new PC to be silent?

DivinePrince wrote:

That's pretty much the same one I linked!!

Not really, you linked an 2-3yrs old from Amazon that sucks and an XPS with also a really low-spec GPU. The Aurora i linked has never been mentioned in this thread.

@Scientist true, but some people aren't technically adept and don't have the time to study guides how to build a pc. Not only about theoretically building it by components, but also by installing all the hardware into the case.
      In Germany we have many stores where you can order the components and they will install all the hardware and even Windows for much less than an Alienware would cost. I expected this to be the same situation in the USA+Canada.
      Why are people so obssesed by Alienware trash?The name Alienware costs more than 30% of the parts of the pc they sell. Set a limit on the budget,tell us the resolution on which you are playing. You cant recommend to somebody a PC by guessing his budget,limitations etc. Just seen Scientist's post,which requires the same details,my bad.

PS:As a student I suppose you want the bst deal for the buck!

You must not fight too often with one enemy,or you will teach him all your art of war.
      Alienware Aurora.

There we go. If I need to change something, I can just buy a new part and replace it. My dad used to work with computers.

Calling it 'trash' won't change my mind. I will not listen to people who decide to be rude. It's not worth my precious time.

Now how do you close threads?
      Ok,let me change rephrase that,Alienware is trash when it comes to performance/price ratio. "I'm still a highschool student ( Decided not to grad this year) so I have limited time to work, but I plan to earn the money for this desktop before I move onto mortgage stuff." From what you said here the conclusion is simple,money are tight yet you want a good PC for the buck which Alienware are not. :) I have a feeling that you made your decision before posting here asking for directions.I suppose the badge for some people is worth more than the juice under the bonnet, if you get my drift,but yet again tastes differ from one to another. Good luck!

You must not fight too often with one enemy,or you will teach him all your art of war.

DivinePrince wrote:

Alienware Aurora.

There we go. If I need to change something, I can just buy a new part and replace it I'll have to buy a new Alienware Aurora PC because I refuse to let anyone teach me how to build a PC.

Calling it 'trash' won't change my mind. I will not listen to people who decide to be rude are smarter than I am. It's not worth my precious time.

Now how do you close threads? I don't have any arguments against the pure logic I'm confronted with by other users here, so please close this thread.

Fixed.

Scientist wrote:

DivinePrince wrote:

Alienware Aurora.

There we go. If I need to change something, I can just buy a new part and replace it I'll have to buy a new Alienware Aurora PC because I refuse to let anyone teach me how to build a PC.

Calling it 'trash' won't change my mind. I will not listen to people who decide to be rude are smarter than I am. It's not worth my precious time.

Now how do you close threads? I don't have any arguments against the pure logic I'm confronted with by other users here, so please close this thread.

Fixed.

My belly hurts now,lol.

I'm getting the Alienware- don't bust your bowels about it. It's pretty, and powerful. And I'll be able to play my games when I come home from my job.

It's kind of scary- knowing that a teenager has more of a sense of morality and maturity than adults do. What is society doing?
      Please stop being offensive- you have been reported. You are not representing the community, or gamers in general in a very good way.