Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Mac Compatibility?

• MAC is and won't be a target platform for Korean MMOs. Use bootcamp, if you really want to use your Apple hardware.

Reasons are simple:
    Not many gamers compared to windows and also much inferior hardware compared to gaming pcs.
  • If the engine supports it, it does mean nothing at all, since the game is so much more than the engine.
    The additional effort to create a Mac client isn't worth it, unless you hit player numbers compared to WoW in its primetime.
    Even RiotGames took it years of easily overtaking WoWs numbers to create a Mac client because it wasn't worth it before.

Bless gladly won't hit those numbers, because it doesn't appeal the typical casual enough.

Also... the future gaming target platform besides Windows will be Linux, since Valve is pushing gaming on Linux quite hard in the last few years.
  • It would be really silly to make a game compatible for Linux and not for Mac, since there's a larger number of Mac users, and to be fair what a company wants is to sell as many copies as they can.

You must keep in mind that studios don't pick Windows because it's better, but because it's the majority where the clients are. And it's worth to make a game compatible with other OS, so more profit is acquired and more players will have access to it; which translates into a more friend-to-friend advertising ("I played this game and I want you to play it with me").

In regards to Valve, they're also doing the same with Mac, Dota 2, for example was released a few days after their retail release for MacOSX and Linux. CS:GO is available for Win and Mac, so is Team Fortress 2.

tl;dr: More compatibility, more players, more money.
  • Well, you listed only titles which easily beat Bless' future numbers easily. Thus just proving my point.

The reason why Linux will be a higher priority in future developments is easily SteamOS and the Steamboxes. Also computers with Linux aren't totally overpriced like Mac ones are and also offer higher customization options to put in potent GPUs, thus allowing Steamboxes and PCs be much more potent than Macs for a fracture of the price.

It's always a cost-benefit analysis, which doesn't work out for Korean MMOs, if they aren't going the full mainstream/casual route.
    I actually believe you don't know how much effort it would be to also port for OSX + maintaining it with future updates simultaneously with the Windows version.

"studios don't pick Windows because it's better, but because it's the majority where the clients are"
    That's btw the only reason why OSX actually gets game support, not because it is better as a gaming platform, but because there are many OSX users, especially in the US.
    Sadly OSX isn't a good OS for games right now, but we'll see what they'll do with Yosemite. Hardware-wise they're going in the wrong directions again with that entry-level iMac.
This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.