Closed Beta Review

I enjoyed the review! There were some grammatical and spelling errors in them however and I would be more than happy to point them out/correct if needed.

Also, two issues I have with the game:

1) There are 50+ skills to use, and only 12 skills to use at one given time?! That's crazy! In the future, I think it would be beneficial to players if the developers implemented a simple skillbar-swap feature. Allowing players to alternate between two bars of skills, which means 24 skills (nearly half of the skills will be used instead of 12), and allow for a much fast paced and thoughtful gameplay. More choice and options, the better.

2) The combat system still must be improved, as many people feel the current system is not engaging and a hybrid system is confusing. Integrating a hybrid system is an interesting prospect but it ultimately gives ranged players the upper hand especially in PvP. I think it's entirely possible for them to make it full target and still suitable for people who enjoy both kinds of systems. Many reviewers, such as Steparu, commented the combat is simply lacking and not engaging. From the first few levels, you seem to only have 3 skills to work with? By level 10 in many games, you have just about 10 skills to use (passive and nonpassive). A few things the devs could do is improve hit impact (hitting a monster with a mace like Paladin does simply does not seem to have an impact) and make it dramatic so combat feels like you make an impact, and simply incorporate more free aim skills. Making it dramatic meaning make skills knock back the monster some, knock them down, stun them.. explore different hit states such as stuns, staggers (heavy/medium/light), paralyzed effects, and so on. This could also be used on the player too.

Skills like this are awesome, make/leave a visual impact and seem dangerous, and make the player feel powerful. Why not just go the full route and make all skills feel like they leave an impact, instead of a simple stand in one place and mash 1?
      youtube.com/watch?v=GCNke9mRUH0

Incorporating an engaging combat system from the start, in a game where combat is central, is an essential and important aspect for many people to be gripped into the game and increase longevity. If people are bored in the beginning, what's to keep them from moving on to another game?

juicyJ wrote:

I enjoyed the review! There were some grammatical and spelling errors in them however and I would be more than happy to point them out/correct if needed.

Also, two issues I have with the game:

1) There are 50+ skills to use, and only 12 skills to use at one given time?! That's crazy! In the future, I think it would be beneficial to players if the developers implemented a simple skillbar-swap feature. Allowing players to alternate between two bars of skills, which means 24 skills (nearly half of the skills will be used instead of 12), and allow for a much fast paced and thoughtful gameplay. More choice and options, the better.

2) The combat system still must be improved, as many people feel the current system is not engaging and a hybrid system is confusing. Integrating a hybrid system is an interesting prospect but it ultimately gives ranged players the upper hand especially in PvP. I think it's entirely possible for them to make it full target and still suitable for people who enjoy both kinds of systems. Many reviewers, such as Steparu, commented the combat is simply lacking and not engaging. From the first few levels, you seem to only have 3 skills to work with? By level 10 in many games, you have just about 10 skills to use (passive and nonpassive). A few things the devs could do is improve hit impact (hitting a monster with a mace like Paladin does simply does not seem to have an impact) and make it dramatic so combat feels like you make an impact, and simply incorporate more free aim skills. Making it dramatic meaning make skills knock back the monster some, knock them down, stun them.. explore different hit states such as stuns, staggers (heavy/medium/light), paralyzed effects, and so on. This could also be used on the player too.

Skills like this are awesome, make/leave a visual impact and seem dangerous, and make the player feel powerful. Why not just go the full route and make all skills feel like they leave an impact, instead of a simple stand in one place and mash 1?
      youtube.com/watch?v=GCNke9mRUH0

Incorporating an engaging combat system from the start, in a game where combat is central, is an essential and important aspect for many people to be gripped into the game and increase longevity. If people are bored in the beginning, what's to keep them from moving on to another game?

Oh, sure, feel free to correct me :P Send me a pm if you want. Didn't sleep that much, but i still wanted to share my beta experience with you guys before going to sleep after 48h :3
      <p>Game looks amazing! &nbsp;I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online right now and this game blows that away! &nbsp;I just heard about this game today and I'm already obsessed by it. &nbsp;Does anyone know how one would go about registering for beta access? &nbsp;I want to play this game more than any game that I can recall.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>If this is how you apply for it, please consider me. &nbsp;I love MMO's and I'd love to test this out! &nbsp;Please consider me for the beta. Thank you!</p>