Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Free aiming mode

• Free aiming mode

Is anyone using the free aiming mode? I just made a new character and fell in love with it. I can use all my skills without having to lift a finger from my WASD buttons, so it doesnt hinder my movement in combat at all. However there are still flaws in it which make the usage of the free aiming mode kind of annoying sometimes.
      1. When you have >=2 mobs aggro the target goes back and forth and you can't really focus 1 target down and then change to the other
      2. When there are >=2 mobs close to another and you only want to attack the one in the back you have to move really weird around in order to target it
      I think these flaws could be "fixed" with a "target lock", meaning your target is locked to the mob you attacked first and can only be canceled by either killing the mob, hitting the esc button, or hitting the tab button to change the lock to another target.

Has anyone made similiar experiences or is there already a built in solution for this and I havent found it?
    • I do, also running around while targeting makes it unfocused. so I guess my play style is free aim the mob and hit it while moving backwards, doesnt matter if the mob hits you back though. I use ranger on free aim, but sometimes the skill needs to be target focused, you have to wait for about a second to the auto-aim for the crosshair lock.

I use QWES mode on paladin. seem I can't handle it on free aim mode.
    • The free aiming mode still feels unfinished. I can't target mobs from more than ~23m away eventho I have longer ranged skills on my archer. I think the best solutions is offer a hybrid mode, that prioritises free aiming with the ability to target with the TAB button.
    • Nukha wrote:

You can already do it, go to keybinding in the game and add "TAB" in the target selection they remove the key when you select free aiming ...

Really? That sounds awesome! I wish they would have made that more obvious tho.

Edit: I tested it out, but it's not really what I was hoping for. It's nice to change the target via tab but if you got 2 mobs aggro it will still switch back and forth because it doesnt lock on to a target.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sEEEEb ().

• Honestly the only class that actually works really well with the Free aim system is thr Beserker. They have cleave on there auto attack and just about all there skills are aoe aswell. If you like the free aim system I highly recommend giving Beserker a try.
      twitch.tv/grizzlore_thehunter
    • Free aim really feels only awesome on a berserker.
      They need to add some kind of target softlock or hardlock. Then it would be way more fun to fight.

Have fought with all classes a bit for now. Like the guardian and Berserker really.
      Guard just feels Tanky compared to the other classes. Thats something i miss in my current mmo (eso, wich i only login for raids))
    • to be honest, a free-target system with an additional target lock makes no sense whatsoever.

B&S has a similar hybrid free-target/auto-tab targeting, and it's crap because when there's 2 or more enemies close to each other, the target lock goes nuts and may switch costantly back and forth between them. if that's already bad for PvE, imagine for PvP.

they should just change or rework the free-target mode and make it similar to Tera, with only a crosshair in the middle of the screen for better aiming. that's a true free-target mode that works as intended.
      otherwise the traditional tab-targeting would be the standard way to go without too many issues.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Fenrir wrote:

they should just change or rework the free-target mode and make it similar to Tera, with only a crosshair in the middle of the screen for better aiming. that's a true free-target mode that works as intended.
      otherwise the traditional tab-targeting would be the standard way to go without too many issues.
      Tera work with "Projectile Tracing" coding while Bless work with the old style mmorpg that are "Hitscan" coding.

To make it work like tera it would mean completelly redo the combat system from zero...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.