Playing with an outdated launcher

• Hello,

Because of moving houses I do not currently have a landline and have to use a 4G key for internet.

Luckily for me i had downloaded the game on my laptop beforehand. After transfering the files from my laptop to my main PC I added the game to steam and tried installing it on the location that i had transfered the game files.

But steam started redownloading the full game, which is not an option atm because of the 10Go cap on my 4G key.

Adding the launcher in the game files as a non-steam game and running like that works fine and I havn't had any issues.

But unlike most other mmo on steam it seems the launcher isn't the one pushing the updates and they get pushed from steam itself, meaning I think i've been playing for around a week without any of the patches that came out after the maintenances ?

So my questions are :

Is there a risk for my account from playing from an outdated version of the launcher ? I wouldn't want my account to get flagged as "sucpisious" resulting in a ban. If it's just chances to crash or visual bugs im fine with that.

Isn't there a launcher/server check that prevent me from playing with an outdated launcher ? Meaning I just missed when the game updated itself ?

Thank you for your time,

• Hello ! :)

From my point of view, I will not risk to play on outdated launcher even if you can run without steam. I'm not a professionnal or have great knowledge on how it works so maybe someone can give an other answer which can help you ^^.

As far as I saw, launcher is there just for start their xigncode or battleeye. Dunno what is their "anticheat". So, maybe if you start the launcher without steam, their AC will recognize that you have not the correct version of the launcher and block you to continue to run the game.

Really I dunno but, I will not try. You can ask on their discord in Support section !

Good luck in your quest :P

ThiazZoR - Guild Master of "[FR] Acnologia@[EU]Daimon" - UNIoN.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Discord (Thiazzi#7504) or PM here. <3

• Thank you for your reply :)

I went on their discord but the technical-support channel is pretty chaotic, it's flooded by people asking for fps fix and connexion issues.

I could not manage to find anywhere where I could write a detailed description of my problem (they don't have a ticket system ?).

While playing I did notice some problems playing with an outdated launcher, skills descriptions and some UI elements are incorrect and items are missing in the special shop. This was expected, but I can't just retransfert all the game files everytime they do a patch, as they are pumping those at a faster rate then it would take me to transfert.

My plan is playing 2-4 days then retransfering the updated files from my laptop and repeat that until I get an unlimited internet to redownload the all thing.

I just hope my account wont get flagged :/