Adversting (Guests only)

Armor class and Tradeabilty/Binding

• Sorry, if this has been answered somewhere but I didn't see any results when I searched for it. If it has been asked just post a link to the thread where the question has been discussed.

Has anyone read anything or seen any videos around armor classes and/or the status of binding armor to a character (bind on pickup/bind on equip)? For example, and I am just guessing here, but I would think that the Pally, Guardian and possibly the Zerker classes have the same Armor Class (Plate/Mail/Heavy, whatever). So, say that you pick up a piece of armor on your Guardian that you could use on your Pally. Would you be able to send the armor over to you Pally? Or is it going to bind when you pick it up.

I get that Neowiz wants to eliminate a black market (which is impossible) but some of the stuff I am reading is making me worry that they are going a little overboard with it. I think not allowing characters to trade between each other is a big pain in the ass. I don't see why they can't allow players to trade 5 items a day with other players for example. Hell, make it so you have to be level 45 to be able to do any character to character trading.

So yeah, if anyone has any links to information about armor classes and binding that would be awesome. Thanks.

• I don't have any link but, from JP server, I know that all classes can use all armor types. You can be a Mage with Guardian Armors (even tho it would be bad for your stats, since, as a mage you need int not str).

You can also sell in auction house the gears that you use, but you have to repair them first, you cannot put in auction house gear that doesn't have max durability (same goes for mailing gear to your alts, you can't mail it if its not repaired).
    So whatever gear you do have, you can just simply take it off from your gear slot, repair it if its broken, and then mail it to your alts or sell it in auction house.

This is how it is in JP Server.
    :peace:

• Awesome, thats what I was hoping for. Here's hoping that they keep the same functionality in the NA version.

• I don't understand why they don't do the reverse and actually tax a % of the black market so long as it's done through them instead of outside (ban for that)

I like the way you think. But I could see the ethics and morality police getting the torches and pitchforks out over this. I think making people pay an additional tax on "privately sold goods" is a great idea.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• I like the way you think. But I could see the ethics and morality police getting the torches and pitchforks out over this. I think making people pay an additional tax on "privately sold goods" is a great idea.

I guess it promotes p2w but you can deal with that by soulbinding or make it require personally farmed items to create gear or something ... Not blocking trading

• Hey all, would just like to put this in here.

It was stated that all of the Classes will be able to where any type of armor (not weapons, just armor).

So you can build you char the way you want to when it comes to armor.

• Hey all, would just like to put this in here.

It was stated that all of the Classes will be able to where any type of armor (not weapons, just armor).

So you can build you char the way you want to when it comes to armor.

I really think it will be more cookie cutter than that. Though maybe you are free-er to use weapons

• the armor is 100% gng to be able to be used for every1. But i dont know about the weapons though. Will have to wait.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• I really think it will be more cookie cutter than that. Though maybe you are free-er to use weapons

Being able to use all armors and weapons across classes isnt anything new. Im sure that cloth gear will have certain stats (Int) and plate gear will have others (Con) which will sort of niche the armor types to certain classes. I think class locked armor proficiency is way out-dated. I'd actually be surprised if they did that.

• the armor is 100% gng to be able to be used for every1. But i dont know about the weapons though. Will have to wait.

Weapons are class exclusive and are limited on a class by class basis. Armor is universal but of course certain classes benefit more from specific armor types. Furthermore you can fully expect class specific armors to cater to popular trends in the genre.