Pay to Win - What goes?

• Does the community see a "VIP" package with a monthly fee or something of the sorts to be pay to win? Just curious is all.

Originally, the devs wanted to offer a subscription that would provide some minor benefits. I don't think a sub, even at $15/mo, would be P2W if they stick with options similar to TERA or ESO. They've been anti-P2W for several years now.

• Originally, the devs wanted to offer a subscription that would provide some minor benefits. I don't think a sub, even at $15/mo, would be P2W if they stick with options similar to TERA or ESO. They've been anti-P2W for several years now.

There was 3 versions of premium on KR. They did very little to diversify them outside of how much lumena you got from any given subscription. They would be better off with just longer term subscriptions with pro-rated prices.

• Hopefully the cash-shop will be cosmetics only. My biggest worry is how they will handle the "Purchase via cash shop & sell ingame" thing. Having no trade system will be a bummer.

Chances are, they will add trading eventually. I mean...they are changing combat for the second time so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't want to add something minor like trading.

• This is P2W. MMO is all about Level and Gear. The higher they are the more powerful you are. Paying to get ahead is P2W. Getting your level and gear faster makes you stronger thus P2W. Someone would argue about his and saying No its Not! But in reality it is. Their just in denial of the truth. I can pay XP boost and play less and have much more XP, Level and better gear than someone not paying for XP boost and grinded all long hours is BS. I want a fair game for everyone. Buying XP boost is not a problem for me but I won't even buy them! Bless Online already lost my interest because of unfair advantage for someone who can throw more money at the game. Thus is called P2W, P2 get ahead BS!

• P2W is a hard thing to define because it's mostly based on the game that you are referencing as well as your opinion on what is P2W.

Obviously buying gear/currency is P2W to the majority

The biggest issue is the differences in convenience items. Wide variety of opinions on certain things like exp boosts and what not.

Truthfully, I want MMOs specifically to move into the subscription based model because I understand it is a company and their goal is to make money and be successful. Plus having consistent money coming in pays for peoples work and other aspects that require money such as server costs.

• I heard that some people in the community is waiting 1 week after release because they want to see whats in the cash shop and what boosts the premium gives. I might as well wait myself as I am conflicted about the issue. I don't want to play a game that have 2000 people as playerbase. To put it mildly the devs should hire a person to sell their game. They differently didn't do their job well. 30% of the community have their feeds on the line and don't want to commit. I truly understand them.

• Reason experience isn't always considered P2W is because it's a boost. For example: I myself go to school full time mostly online, I have plenty of time I can invest into the game. Whereas someone else may have a full time job where they don't have access to the game for 8-12 hours a day, they can opt into a boost to catch up to players like myself.

I am in no way disagreeing, experience boosts do have an aspect of P2W, but, I believe most experience boosts are not P2W.

Also you need to focus on what the average player is actually trying to attain in game, as well as if there goal is realistic or not based off of their time played each day and their focus/persistence.

• Jeff posted this.. and sadly it's the truth! LOVE THIS!

I only pay for boosts and "conveniences" because I don't have time to keep up with you kids. Me leveling and earning gold faster than other users is 100% fair, I'm in no way self entitled or cheapening the player experience by paying for advantages that POOR PEOPLE have to spend hours or weeks grinding for. If it wasn't for me, these broke leeches would have no game to play. They should be thanking me when I use my cash shop bonuses to destroy them.

• I heard that some people in the community is waiting 1 week after release because they want to see whats in the cash shop and what boosts the premium gives. I might as well wait myself as I am conflicted about the issue. I don't want to play a game that have 2000 people as playerbase. To put it mildly the devs should hire a person to sell their game. They differently didn't do their job well. 30% of the community have their feeds on the line and don't want to commit. I truly understand them.

They will be releasing a preview of the cash shop prior to launch of early access.

• This is P2W. MMO is all about Level and Gear. The higher they are the more powerful you are. Paying to get ahead is P2W. Getting your level and gear faster makes you stronger thus P2W. Someone would argue about his and saying No its Not! But in reality it is. Their just in denial of the truth. I can pay XP boost and play less and have much more XP, Level and better gear than someone not paying for XP boost and grinded all long hours is BS. I want a fair game for everyone. Buying XP boost is not a problem for me but I won't even buy them! Bless Online already lost my interest because of unfair advantage for someone who can throw more money at the game. Thus is called P2W, P2 get ahead BS! THIS GAME HAS BECOME A P2P WITH P2W??

• Its not pay to win at all just yet. That may change though. The only pay to win that I can see will probably be bots that will be used to auto play the game, but you get that in every MMORPG. As long as they stay out of PvP im ok with those.

But so far the cash shop is good and you can get the currency exchanged for pvp tokens so fair enough.

But really we need to wait for the free to play release and the first few updates... may be bait and switch. Would not be the first time either.