The Way To Know Your Character: Skills Skills And Again Skills...

• The Way To Know Your Character: Skills Skills And Again Skills...

Ok the title may seems confusing, but it's about skills.

I don't get it at all really.. i'll keep it simple: Are we able to use ALL the skills we gain from EVERY specialization or not?

On some websites i did read that we can use everything we learn from Lv1 to the cap level but we need to switch them in battle within the macro we can make with the ingame skill window...

Somewhereelse i did read that once you pick a specialization you can't use or learn the other specialization skills.. How's it working so? Let's make an example... let's pick the Mage class. It have 3 Skilltree: here the questions:
      Fire, Ice, Air. Are you able to use ALL the Skilltrees or not?
      Are you able to mix more than one Skilltree togheter (example Fire+Ice, or Ice+Air, or Fire+Air)?

I really don't get it, please, help my mind to understand it... screens, a guide, whatever.. i really wish to know!

Wise players, i summon your winsdom!

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • hi ^^
      Mage can use air,ice,fire skill mix :) soo There is no restriction only 1 element :)
      but yes core thech interesting
      Which activate core tech
      Those elements will be stronger skills
      example you use technology fire core technology
      fire skills stronger and more extra things.
      but you can be a mixed skill 3 element

Welcome

Éljen Magyarország és a Bless :) :love: <3
    • Tauriel wrote:

hi ^^
      Mage can use air,ice,fire skill mix :) soo There is no restriction only 1 element :)
      but yes core thech interesting
      Which activate core tech
      Those elements will be stronger skills
      example you use technology fire core technology
      fire skills stronger and more extra things.
      but you can be a mixed skill 3 element

Welcome
      Herm, this sounded a bit confusing still... a better way to explain it? Some screens? A little guide? :S

• well I start first here and someone correct me if I'm wrong (pretty tired so well)

General Concept:

With Bless you can build your own skill builds, save them as a template and switch between them depending on the situation you are in. Your skills consist of the following:

1. Core Skills

Every class has three core skills. Depending on these your skills change in order to match these core skills.
      Paladin has the three cores [Judge] (DD spec), [Priest] (healer spec) and [Paladin] (Tank spec).
      Same goes for the other classes.

2. Normal Skills (Active Skills)

Basically you can freely choose between all skills which are currently available. However some skills change depending on the core you have chosen. It's bascially like this:

A Paladin with the core [Judge] can still wield healing spells but they aren't as effective as if the core [Priest] is active. The Priest has access to more healing spells than the Judge because some skills change to support skills when the Priest is active.

3. Reaction Skills

These skills are bascially a reaction to a certain event - for example if you knockdown an enemy some classes have skills that allow you to instantly jump to your enemy in the knockdown state and deal additional damage

4. Applied (Passive) Skills

Applied Skills are passive skills which enhance your active skills or act like basic passive skills. For example the Ranger has access to applied skills which increases the damage when the opponent is poisoned ( I think it was that way) or the paladin has a skill that builds up a shield when you are low on health.

5. Passive Skills

well basic passive skills like "If you wear 5 parts of armor type X you get this bonus" or so.

Well and that's it. You can choose 1 core at a time plus 8 active skills (at max level) plus 4 applied passives plus two reaction techs. (correct me here please).
      You can only switch between your builds when you are out of combat so you cant switch from healer to tank while in combat.

If there is anything left to say well.... I'll do it tomorrow ^^ good night :D :sleeping:

btw. the mage is a little different from the others but I guess someone who's playing mage can explain it better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nito ().

• Nito wrote:

You can only switch between your builds when you are out of combat so you can switch from healer to tank while in combat.
      Wait, this part is not clear... you said "you can switch between builds only when OUT of combat", but on the second part you said that "you can switch from Heal to Tank build WHILE in combat"

Can you switch it or not when you are in fight?

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Nito wrote:

You can only switch between your builds when you are out of combat so you can switch from healer to tank while in combat.
      Wait, this part is not clear... you said "you can switch between builds only when OUT of combat", but on the second part you said that "you can switch from Heal to Tank build WHILE in combat"

Can you switch it or not when you are in fight?

Typo - should be You can not switch
    • Yeah your core skill really chooses your role that you want to take, you can however use any spell in your build - but your core skill will boost certain spells therefore giving the "flavour" of the class. By changing out passives, core skill/talent, and your skills/abilities you have a nice bit of flexibility in what you do.... get on the training dummies, or low level mobs and try stuff out...
    • Aedgyth wrote:

Yeah your core skill really chooses your role that you want to take, you can however use any spell in your build - but your core skill will boost certain spells therefore giving the "flavour" of the class. By changing out passives, core skill/talent, and your skills/abilities you have a nice bit of flexibility in what you do.... get on the training dummies, or low level mobs and try stuff out...

What i don't get is about the Core skill.... as it seems it work like that as you says:

As i understand it is:

You have 3 cores (3 Skilltree).
      Then
      You choose 1 core (that is composed by 3 Primary Skills).
      Then
      You have ALL Secondary/Passive skills unlocked, so you can use ALL of them, BUT, some skills are empowered by the core you choosed
      Then...
      Can you use ALL the 3 Cores (Skilltrees) at your will (by switching them OUTSIDE of fight) or you will be bound forever on the one you choosed?

PS: I'm not in, i'm just learning from the guides, videos, ecc... i find around the web and here :S

• Aedgyth wrote:

You can unlock all three.
      If you can use all the 3 Cores.. how is it working? I don't get it..............really............help me :S i'm getting mad... screens.... a detailed guide... something T.T

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Aedgyth wrote:

If you can use all the 3 Cores.. how is it working? I don't get it..............really............help me :S i'm getting mad... screens.... a detailed guide... something T.T

Get on RaidCall please. I can explain it to you.

Channel ID: 11613723
    • Organic wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Aedgyth wrote:

I does have not it, do i need to download some settings? The website to download the installer?

That sound really noob, lol, i ever used TS3, as we do since it came out... we ever used before TS2 XD

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Aedgyth wrote:

You can only use one at a time - have you ever played Rift or GW2 etc where you can unlock all the abilities and have different set ups you can load in ?
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

Organic wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Aedgyth wrote:

I does have not it, do i need to download some settings? The website to download the installer?

That sound really noob, lol, i ever used TS3, as we do since it came out... we ever used before TS2 XD

raidcall.com/download.html

Once in, search for the Group with the ID 11613723.

This is VERY easily explained. I think you're getting confused because there are lots of slightly different experiences and perspectives for this system. It's actually VERY easy to understand. Hop on RC and I'll straighten you out. :)
    • It is actually very simple...let's say that the core technology represents a role or playstyle, and right now we are playing with a guardian...so we have one core that represents the TANK role or playstyle of guardian, which will give you access to certain skills like area of effect aggro skills, by now you can understand that this CORE that gave you access to these skills to gain and maintain aggro, plays a defensive role right?

Actually nito gave the best example possible in this situation...the Paladin Class...is known as a healer, a support character...however the cores that includes on it will allow you to play other different roles or play styles, you can play as a Tank by choosing the right Core which will give you access to more defensive skills or you can play as a damage dealer by picking the Core that will give you access to those skills that will allow you to play as such character.

Im going to leave a old video here where they talk about it's system and show a little bit about the "Skill Core System" which is pretty simple once you understand it. Instead of making like many games out there where in the beginning you are just an adventurer then you choose to be a fighter and then you reach level 20 or 30 and you have to pick a class, and so on...they gave you a class like the berserker for example and this class will let you play 3 different styles that we could say that it's more or less somehow similar to what you were saying earlier about skill trees, which is pretty much irrelevant in this game.

Dont worry about skill trees or what's the right skill build to have, since you can change to whatever you like, you can start playing with a ranger and use a Skill Core that will let you use skills that will FOCUS more on long distance and aiming a bit more like a sniper or a close quarters (mid range) archer with fast attack OOORRR as a scout by using traps and poison, etc...

It's pretty simple...on the video im going to put here if you stop at 00:44 you will see 3 slots at the top (those are the core skills) and under that you will see more 6 slots and icons (those are the passives if im not wrong) and below that one you will see a bunch of icons (on the third square) those are the skills. And on this video they are currently explaining that you can create multiple play styles by using this "Skill Core System" and you can even name them, for example you can make a build with a "Skill Core" that gives you access to rapid fire skills and perhaps poison and then write it as PVP so now you know that, that's the one you will use for pvp and so on...well it's just an example tho.

I don't know what else i can say to make it more simple to understand, i just hope i was able to help you ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by End3r ().