Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Paladin Tank?

• Paladin Tank?

As the title says. Can a Paladin tank? I always love to play Paladins and tank. But when i read the skills it feels like maybe a off tank? Is Guardian the only way if you want to be a viable tank? Or am im missing something?
    • well the Paladin is a viable tank with another paladin as healer on it's back. Many skills have a synergy effect when you play paladin as tank and have a paladin healer.

However Mob Control via threat is hard and you really need to consider your build. I think they already increase the threat generation but I doubt you can hold yourself against the high dmg output of mage and assassin.

Next is the AoE taunt which is nice but doesn't generate as much threat as you need to hold it even 1 second after the taunt ends.

In my view only skilled groups or groups which know eachother for quite some time (guild groups, etc.) should consider a Paladin + Paladin + DDs setup.

Guardian makes it easier and also Guardian have a better set of skills to counter incoming damage, etc.

Also with the upcoming Mystic Class I'm not entirely sure where you should put the Paladin.
      It's a nice class to play and makes fun but you are in essence many classes combined into one. You can do most things well and strive at keeping yourself alive but you aren't an expert in anything.
    • Nito wrote:

well the Paladin is a viable tank with another paladin as healer on it's back. Many skills have a synergy effect when you play paladin as tank and have a paladin healer.

However Mob Control via threat is hard and you really need to consider your build. I think they already increase the threat generation but I doubt you can hold yourself against the high dmg output of mage and assassin.

Next is the AoE taunt which is nice but doesn't generate as much threat as you need to hold it even 1 second after the taunt ends.

In my view only skilled groups or groups which know eachother for quite some time (guild groups, etc.) should consider a Paladin + Paladin + DDs setup.

Guardian makes it easier and also Guardian have a better set of skills to counter incoming damage, etc.

Also with the upcoming Mystic Class I'm not entirely sure where you should put the Paladin.
      It's a nice class to play and makes fun but you are in essence many classes combined into one. You can do most things well and strive at keeping yourself alive but you aren't an expert in anything.

yout analysis really worries me, i was hoping the mystic would be the jack-of-all-trades and master of none kinda like the spiritmaster in Aion
      Mystic preview skill thread shows they can kinda heal well, kinda do dmg well, and that's about it (spiritmaster can dps, and tank well) but you're saying the paladin is more of that kind of thing?
      Have the devs released a longer skill set in the game files for Mystic or even Warlock?

i would even hope the mystic could be the bard of this game
      my squad going into pvp :3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Puremystic ().

• Puremystic wrote:

Nito wrote:

well the Paladin is a viable tank with another paladin as healer on it's back. Many skills have a synergy effect when you play paladin as tank and have a paladin healer.

yout analysis really worries me, i was hoping the mystic would be the jack-of-all-trades and master of none kinda like the spiritmaster in Aion
      Mystic preview skill thread shows they can kinda heal well, kinda do dmg well, and that's about it (spiritmaster can dps, and tank well) but you're saying the paladin is more of that kind of thing?
      Have the devs released a longer skill set in the game files for Mystic or even Warlock?

i would even hope the mystic could be the bard of this game

there are a few mystic skills which are already in the client see this thread:

Preview of Mystic skills - Open Beta

However there is no full list available and the Core Skills which primarily focuses on boosting certain aspects of a class aren't in the client yet. So Mystic can be a jack of all trades too.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.