Disappointed w/ The Media Day & New Systems

• I was super excited to see the Bless Media Event, and I made sure I had the time to sit and watch it on Friday! But that hope quickly faded!

Tbh, I was disappointed with the handling of the event, the vague information on important game mechanics, and I might be of the minority that isn't dazzled by the new combo system.

I Went through every stream over the weekend, and I tried to take in all the information I could. I made a video with my thoughts on my biggest issues with the game and changes. It was super long so I am breaking it into parts.

In this video:

I break down the problems I have with the new Combo System, Stance Skills, Non-Stance Skills, and the Parameter system.

Combo System:

• Very rigid and forced. Skills were designed for a standalone deck building system, and now have been sloppily shoved into a last minute Combo System.
    • A lot of Skill Combo's lack inspiration, aren't chained logically, and just seem to reflect an out of touch dev team.
    • A lot of Classes have lost the ability to intelligently control things like "Natural" Damage Combo's, Class Core Mechanics, and CC's.
    • Since a lot of these mechanics have been forced into combo rotations, they are less able to be used in a competent manner based on situational conditions.

Stance Skills & Customization:

• Stance skills are completely static at their root, most of the deck building is now gone.
    • The new gem system is only a slight upgrade over the old skill point system. It mostly grants minuscule bonuses.

Non-Stance Skills & Customization:

• Non-Stance Skills are very limited, you only have 8 to choose from.
    • Some of them are no-brainers as they are some of the old Core Shift Mechanics each class used to have, which are very important to their identity.
    • In a lot of cases this leaves you with only 3 Real Options.
    • I actually really like the new Customization paths, you get 3 to choose from and they are actually significant augmentations.
    • I would have liked to seen a deeper level of customization like this for more of the skills, especially since this is eliminating the old Passive Skill system.

Parameters:

• Replaces old Passive Stat System
    • This system is completely on rails, and it looks like you will be able to unlock them all.
    • This seems to reward those who grind more with pure power.
    • Instead, a better system would be a slight vertical climb, but with horizontal elements. Meaning the more you unlock, you are point capped and are mostly presented with power through choice. Instead of a system that lacks meaningful decisions.

Things I couldn't fit into video:

• Rune System, how it might not be changed, and the damage it causes to the game. Preview at the end of the video.
    • Core Gameplay Mechanics Gated through Grind.
    • Performance
    • Paladin Combo's

I will be putting these together for Part 2.