A question regarding possible future regional server restrictions.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A question regarding possible future regional server restrictions.

Hello there,

First of all I did not know what would be appropriate title for a question that appeared when I was browsing around news and information about Bless so I hope further explanation will help ^^.
      I've been looking for another MMO recently and after asking around a bit about this game on local social webs and sharing information with my guildmates on TS, some of them suggested that there will possibly be regional server restrictions (like russians only being able to play on russian server ) after official release due to some terms of contract between developers team and distributors. I've heard this kind of thing has been done to many MMOs in my country thus I'd like to know if the same will happen to Bless.
      Thanks in advance.
      Memento Mori (RU, Hieron) english speaking guild

IGN: Anklast. Feel free to contact me if you got any questions.
    • Vasdamas wrote:

Hello there,

First of all I did not know what would be appropriate title for a question that appeared when I was browsing around news and information about Bless so I hope further explanation will help ^^.
      I've been looking for another MMO recently and after asking around a bit about this game on local social webs and sharing information with my guildmates on TS, some of them suggested that there will possibly be regional server restrictions (like russians only being able to play on russian server ) after official release due to some terms of contract between developers team and distributors. I've heard this kind of thing has been done to many MMOs in my country thus I'd like to know if the same will happen to Bless.
      Thanks in advance.
      Well there will be regional services for Bless:
      - Korea: already released and locked for Koreans only
      - Russia: Beta Phase begins on the 25th of October- also regional locked
      - China: don't know what the status here is
      - North America and Europe: Alpha/Beta phase tba about being locked - I think it will be though I have to search for the Ama on reddit either Chris from Aeria because I think there was a question about this (I think Symeria asked it)

The current situation is that the versions are regionally locked
    • Nito you're on to something
      in chirissb's post on here he was asked about the ip being open to other territories with the eu/na release (someone specifically asked for brazil? i think)
      he said it was quite unlikely due to the legal hoops necessary to jump through and local country laws in order to sell a product (BLESS) to other countries when trying to publish it there.... so 90% likely to be ip locked :blesscuriosity:
    • That's a shame. Still, I will and do hope EU servers will be open for whole continent rather than just for a batch of EU countries because I am pretty sure there are lot of players anticipating the game and that don't wish to be bound within their own country for whatever reasons.
      Memento Mori (RU, Hieron) english speaking guild

IGN: Anklast. Feel free to contact me if you got any questions.
    Peria Chronicles