• "Inori" started this thread

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 4,865

Next Level: 5,517

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 6:45am

[ToW-Poll] Most important MMO Feature?

Most important MMO Feature?

Available choices for this poll are 3

What's the most important Feature of your favourite MMORPG?

Hydra

Marketing & Management

Level: 8 [?]

Experience: 557

Next Level: 674

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 2:49pm

PvP indeed :D

Ashai

Bless Online

Level: 17 [?]

Experience: 11,026

Next Level: 13,278

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 8:17pm

I would say almost all of that listed is important. Mainly Storyline, Game-play, and anything and all that ties into endgame content.

Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
Guild Leader of Wicked // Guild Site :: www.wickedonline.net

Organic

Bless-Online Team

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 28,556

Next Level: 29,658

Monday, February 11th 2013, 11:34am

I chose other, mainly because it's an "all of the above".

If I'm racing to level cap, I only really care about what there is to do AT cap. So many MMORPGs in the past four or five years have been great getting TO cap, but then leave you with practically nothing to do AT level cap.

Of course instances long the way, great crafting, engaging story, lots of character customization through slider/options as well as races and classes all matter - along with the gameplay. Unfortunately, even with tons of replay value (e.g. SWTOR or GW2), having little to do endgame gets boring very quickly and it's tough to stay interested.

Nasuuna

VP of Trolling

Level: 16 [?]

Experience: 8,853

Next Level: 10,000

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 12:14am

In terms of general playability, story is at the top of the list for me. I can handle repetitive basic gameplay if the story line is amazing (see CoD series)

in terms of replayability, leveling alts, get to raid geared ect., proper content and engaging gameplay is a must.

in terms of PvP no mmorpg has ever appealed to me in that regard. Tera almost did, but failed.
Judge not, by the color of ones gear, but of the efficiency in which he uses it

Ashai

Bless Online

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 7:04am

Thats probably one of my biggest pet peeves in games as of late.
They push for GET TO THE MAX LEVEL
GET THE BEST GEARZ omgd
We has 3-4 end game things you can do (boo... rinse and repeat!)

There is no real sense in enjoyment in gaming anymore. My first MMO was RO1 in 2002 and I remember how much fun it was because back then it was about fun ect. But as the years passed to keep up with all the new age games they converted to what all or most mmos are. Grind= New gears = Grind = new Gears = Oh! Shiny a dungeon = Grind = ect ect = BAM end game = Ohh do raid A) do Raid B) = rinse repeat.

It seems all current MMO's with the past few years have all followed that formula. Even AAA+ titles even forget once your player base hits cap. And they have done the few things you even have offered at cap or not enough variety people get bored quit or stop logging in alot.

I think the biggest thing developers need to look at is not only getting to end game but how to keep players on at end game . There has to be a reason to log in every day when your capped out or capped out on gears . There needs to be options.

End game Quests that are not so grindy
Instances or OW stuff that are fun and community based. (Original Ether Saga Online did this and it worked it brought people back to empty towns or dungeons.) Events that spawn at different times, and are different everyday and the rewards are different.
Implementing the big deal breakers at release not 10 months later or a year later. .. ie PVP/Arena/Battlegrounds/GVG/Siege/King of Hill/ ect ect. A decent chunk of large and small scale raids that are leveled that anyone leveling or near end game can take part in whats good for their levels.
Stupid fluffy elements that playerbase does like even though maybe Developers may not think about it. (hairdressers, appearance changes, silly events, Fun crafty items..pets..ect) And no i'm not talking about vanity pets....like bad ass pets you can build up. (also another ESO did well thing.) and so on...

blackmpe

Beginner

Level: 5 [?]

Experience: 162

Next Level: 173

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 5:01pm

seamless, persistant worlds and persistant player interaction is essential for mmo in my opinnion, everything else can be found on other types of games.

crow farmer

Beginner

Level: 5 [?]

Experience: 167

Next Level: 173

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 7:01am

who the hell plays for mmo stories? i dont pay attention to any of them

Ashai

Bless Online

Friday, August 30th 2013, 1:44am

Well in a MMORPG that is something A LOT of people do pay attention too. Is the background, the storyline and why they are heading to where they are.

If your someone who doesn't bother too pay attention to that ..then not sure why do you play a MMORPG ?_?

Rate this thread
Legal Notice l Impressum