Organic

Bless-Online Team

• "Organic" started this thread

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 28,555

Next Level: 29,658

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:14pm

Crafting, Crafting, Crafting

For many MMORPGers, crafting can make or break a game. We'll keep this thread updated with any crafting related information we can find. As it will probably be a few months before we get much information:
  1. What MMO offered your favorite crafting?
  2. What did you like most about that game's crafting system?
  3. What would you absolutely NOT like to see in a crafting system?

What We Know Thus Far

Questions Still Unanswered

Organic

Bless-Online Team

• "Organic" started this thread

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 28,555

Next Level: 29,658

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:15pm

*Reserved for future use*

Nasuuna

VP of Trolling

Level: 16 [?]

Experience: 8,853

Next Level: 10,000

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:33pm

I liked the rift crafting system, really easy, and didn't break the game by providing either worthless our overpowered gear

I like the warcraft gathering system as it is simple and provides additional rewards, like XP, as well as motes of harmony to buy recipes or additional materials
Judge not, by the color of ones gear, but of the efficiency in which he uses it

Drowsie

Captain of the Guard

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 5,114

Next Level: 5,517

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 10:27pm

I have not really had any crafting systems I liked. But I guess WoW was my favorite because at lest at high levels it was useful. Other then that I just want crafting system to either.

A. Help with leveling and give novelty items.
or
B. Make good gear that will help people get into the raid scene faster at end game.
or
C. Combination of both

I just don't want to make 50 Copper Bracers to level up my BlackSmithing or what ever prof I go.
I believe that stories are written and read to rebel the fact that you only live once

Denizen

Beginner

Level: 10 [?]

Experience: 1,139

Next Level: 1,454

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 2:44pm

Hands down the best crafting system I have ever experienced was in Lineage 2.

It was difficult to do, it required an insane amount of materials and only the Dwarf race could do it.

Higher level crafting became more and more difficult and dangerous because you could potentially fail the attempt to craft the item. (Having a chance to fail is added excitement to crafting that you just don't get in a game like WOW)

All items in that game could be recycled into new items instead of forcing the player to sell a GAZILLION leather chin straps on the auction house or waste the materials by selling it to an NPC vendor.

Now I think I need to start a new thread ... "Should the best weapons and armor be the result of crafting, questing or Raid Bosses?"
It was a grind intensive system that made for really good stories about the time you spent collecting the materials for your craft and that appealed to me greatly.

Lastly, because only a single race / class was able to craft alleviated the need for the PVP type classes to have to craft at all and encouraged a wider variety of parties.
This system was by no means perfect .. Lineage 2 died horribly due to bots, gold selling and eventually Free to Play WOWification.

But for the masochistic grinder who wanted to feel like the items he or she created had real value ... there was nothing better.
This Space for Rent

Rate this thread
Legal Notice l Impressum