Bless-Online Team

• "Organic" started this thread

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 28,555

Next Level: 29,658

Monday, January 14th 2013, 10:46pm

Mounts: Discussion and Screencaps

Update:

January 19, 2013: Updated with list of mounts mentioned in ZAM's article.
January 14, 2013: Added flightpath mount.

We've been told there will be "many" mounts, including flying mounts that will allow completely unhindered exploration. Here are a few screencaps of the ground and flying mounts we've seen thus far in the trailers and videos from Pmang/BLESS.

Hopefully there will be several additional types of ground mounts. We've seen lizard mobs; those could be a cool mount.

A. Flying Mounts
  1. Dragons/Wyverns
  2. Flightpath/Waypoint
B. Ground Mounts
  1. Camels
  2. Elephants
  3. Horses
  4. Turtles

*****************************************************************************************
A. Flying Mounts

1. Dragons/Wyverns

2. Flightpath/Waypoint

B. Ground Mounts

1. Camels (slow in desert, but go far)

2. Elephants

3. Horses (fastest over land)

4. Turtles (fastest across water)

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "Organic" (Jan 20th 2013, 2:09am)

Drowsie

Captain of the Guard

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 5,114

Next Level: 5,517

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 1:17am

I honestly would rather have fewer mounts if it meant the mounts we have are animated really well. From what I've seen of the flying mounts they look like they are animated really well and feel like they are flying. I don't really want what it was like in wow. Sure wow had a bunch of cool mounts but they felt like disjointed from the rest of the world. I would be completely happy with just these two mounts as of now.

If anything I would want some sort of wagon or horse drawn carriage rather then different single person mounts.
I believe that stories are written and read to rebel the fact that you only live once

Mich

Beginner

Experience: 4,284

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 2:27am

The dragon mounts look so awesome! I wonder if you can pick up any mount you see or will be it a summon type thing, like most games. As weird as it might sound, I actually get quite attached to a mount for reasons I don't know lol. Especially, when I played Shadow of Colossus and your main source of transportation is your horse. You could pet it and let it drink water, you know the stuff you don't really need to do but its there for the players who want it. So, I never realized how attached I was to it until right before the last boss you have to defeat you have to travel across this bridge that breaks but the horse doesn't make it across, only you. I actually teared up when I realized it was dead and forever gone :(Its a really good game though, I recommend playing it :)
Nothing to see here. Keep Scrolling.

Grom

Beginner

Experience: 4,797

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:20am

From what I read, dragons are used jut for automated flying between waypoints.. But it could be really cool to have the opportunity fly freely around the map..
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Organic

Bless-Online Team

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:31am

From what I read, dragons are used jut for automated flying between waypoints.. But it could be really cool to have the opportunity fly freely around the map..
Here you go, directly from Jacob:

Quoted

Please tell us more about the flying dragon mounts showcased in trailers. Will we be able to explore freely, or are they tethered to specific paths?

As your character progresses, you will encounter these dragon mounts, or Wyverns, in a very dramatic and very specific story-driven way. Once you reach a certain level, you will be able to freely control and explore the vast and beautiful world of BLESS on top of this epic mount. There will also be plenty of other mounts in the game, many of which we will reveal in the near future.

Grom

Beginner

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:44am

Wow, so free flying around the world, perfect! Hope people will not use such great thing to fall thru the mountain,directly to the last boss chamber. There were so many games with similar bugs..
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Nasuuna

VP of Trolling

Level: 16 [?]

Experience: 8,853

Next Level: 10,000

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 5:23pm

<-- mount collector, must have, all the other gamer nerd gibbering over awesome stuff, ect.
Judge not, by the color of ones gear, but of the efficiency in which he uses it

Organic

Bless-Online Team

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 1:58am

Nasuuna - you're gonna go crazy then. :)There are three new species of mounts just added to the list!

Grom

Beginner

Monday, January 21st 2013, 2:58pm

I'm really curious about turtles.. water mounts whohooo
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Organic

Bless-Online Team

Monday, January 21st 2013, 7:10pm

I'm really curious about turtles.. water mounts whohooo

RIFT had a few colors of turtle mounts. I'd be happy if the turtles in BLESS looked the same. :)

Just to be clear, these two screencaps are from RIFT.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Organic" (Jan 23rd 2013, 6:47pm)

Grom

Beginner

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 8:08am

Nice nice nice turtles :-)
Hope they will never come with motorbikes etc.. I just hate to see Fantasy game mixed with technology/science..
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Drowsie

Captain of the Guard

Experience: 5,114

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 1:28pm

The stuff about desert travel looks really cool. Hopefully you can't fly across the desert because that would make Camels useless . And I love Camels
I believe that stories are written and read to rebel the fact that you only live once

Organic

Bless-Online Team

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 6:53pm

The stuff about desert travel looks really cool. Hopefully you can't fly across the desert because that would make Camels useless . And I love Camels
I'm wondering if we have to reach level cap before we get Wyvern mounts? In that case, all the exploration we've done before that would require mounts for that terrain type. As with all flying mount games, as soon as you can fly, it ruins the value of all the other mount types. I'm hoping the BLESS devs are taking this into account given how precise they've been about everything else.

As for camels/horses in desert...wonder if there's some kind of stamina bar? Can only sprint on mounts for so long before it runs out? That could explain why camels would work better than horses over "land".

Sixx

Wolfgang

Level: 13 [?]

Experience: 3,034

Next Level: 4,033

Monday, January 28th 2013, 12:11am

Mounts

I would like to see few more other flying mounts like
gigantic birds like Falcons, Hawks, and Eagles would be nice
Oh i would love to ride a Chimera or Manticore that would be awesome

And for ground mounts i would like to see
Drakes (wingless dragons)
Chimera or manticore (same as above since chimeras and manticores come in variety of looks.)

If i can remeber what else i was thinking bout i will get back to you.
http://www.forum-signatures.com/wizard2/…24323c31f33.jpg

Kevlar

Bless Elite Player

Experience: 4,159

Friday, February 1st 2013, 11:47am

I love mounts, the more the better. Hope we get lots of them. ^^

Chimera - Hawk/Wolf combination (This is from Magic World Online)
Kevlar - LeGenDaRY Guild Master

Play Hard, Play Fair & Have Fun

Larien

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 2:02pm

GW2 had many complaints for having no mounts, they just use waypoints (and plenty of them) around their maps. ArenaNet's reasoning behind having no mounts, was that they wanted people to explore the beautiful surrounding world around them. I have to agree with them, but their map sections are small and easy to cross in a fair amount of time.

Now if Bless Online is as expansive as it leads to be, then I will probably saddle up on a fine steed. Although with how photo realistic and beautiful the landscape is in the world of Bless...I foresee myself doing a lot of exploring on foot.

The idea of freely flying on the back of a wyrven, is mind blowing to me and I can not wait to try it out, especially if it something that ties into the story, making it more meaningful.

Needless to say...I can't wait! :D

Rate this thread
Legal Notice l Impressum