Bless-Online Team

• "Organic" started this thread

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 29,610

Next Level: 29,658

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 2:09am

PVP & RVR: What We Know Thus Far

Updated:

January 19, 2013: Added new RVR confirmations (affects story, two types of RVR, Royal Quests tie in, etc.)

Here's what's been confirmed thus far:

1. Castle seiges/RvR.

2. Large-scale keep battle.

3. As you progress in the game, you will encounter characters, either playable or non-playable, of different races from the opposing realm. You will be interacting with NPCs that are inherently a part of BLESS’ world, not just systematic quest givers. You will build your relationship with these NPCs and gradually foster attachments to individuals from across the realm. From this perspective, your experiences in PvP will feel just as important as those in PvE, and culminate in Realm-versus-Realm (RvR) scenarios of differing size and scale. A small-scale RvR may lead to a massive war, and it is up to you to decide how to be involved. You may become a valiant commander that rides at the forefront of a hundred-person army, or an assassin on a stealth mission targeting a high-class noble. If you would like to play a more neutral role, you may become a mercenary for hire, or you could choose to ignore the war entirely and become a pacifist.

4. Overall, PvP will be closely tied to how players progress through the story and through the game. We will be demonstrating how PvP works in more detail in the near future.

5. Two different types of RVR: “There will be two separate kinds of RvR, one will be more casual, it’s not as devastating if you lose; it’s more fun based. There’s also a more hardcore, more detrimental if you lose RvR and this will take place on a separate part of the map.” Secondly, the large scale RvR would have an effect on the casual side. The winners of the larger battle would gain more “Fame” or “Honor” points – the name for the PvP reward system is still a matter of debate – when engaged in the smaller conflicts.

6. RVR directly affects the storyline of the game.

7. Flying mounts (and possibly land mounts) can be used in RVR! The wyvern mount can fly down and use an AOE stun, for example.

8. Royal Quests tie directly into RVR.

Here's what else we've seen, but hasn't exactly been "confirmed":

1. Climbing all walls and invasions. (Unconfirmed)

2. Seige monster summoning. (Unconfirmed)

3. Keep wall collapsing due to bomb ignition. (Unconfirmed)

4. Environmental destruction. (Unconfirmed)

5. Middle part of castle rising into the air to escape. (Unconfirmed)

6. Seige weapons (catapults). (Unconfirmed)

7. Seige ships and players attacking from the ships. (Unconfirmed)

8. Can see "dummy NPCs" (archers and footmen sharing synced animation and uniforms) during the siege. Do you buy them? Lease them for your keep? (Unconfirmed)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Organic" (Jan 20th 2013, 1:47am)

Kryscent

Beginner

Level: 10 [?]

Experience: 1,181

Next Level: 1,454

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 2:18am

Awesome features, looks like its' definitely getting more and more interesting and my heart is pounding!

Organic

Bless-Online Team

• "Organic" started this thread

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 29,610

Next Level: 29,658

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 1:48am

Updated with information confirmed in the ZAM articles.

Grom

Beginner

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 4,976

Next Level: 5,517

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 7:49am

I hope that whole content which is published or will be published is really content for the first version of the game. This just reminds me history with Age of Conan, where siege was not ready even after one year,when the game was released.

Till now everything looks promising and I'm already, looking forward to see Beta..
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Kevlar

Bless Elite Player

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 4,317

Next Level: 5,517

Monday, January 28th 2013, 11:56am

This is why I love MMO's. I really love the Open world pvp & factions are awesome. Just adds to the fun. This game has some amazing features that bring back memories. I'm an old 12Sky player & that faction system there was just fantastic.

Hope this game plays out to be everything I'm hoping for. This could be my new home away from home. :D
Kevlar - LeGenDaRY Guild Master

Play Hard, Play Fair & Have Fun

Zhas

Beginner

Level: 4 [?]

Experience: 73

Next Level: 100

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:57pm

I can't wait for this tbh it sounds simply amazing^^

But in text all is looks well and good but i wonder how they are planning to balance out everything^^

Rate this thread
Legal Notice l Impressum