[Paladin Class Thread] Skill builds, opinions, ideas, concerns, etc.

• If it's not a main healer, will dungeons suffer with having a half-baked healer due to Mystics not being in the group?

From what I understand, Paladin is considered the main healer whereas Mystic is support.

You are right, when Paladin heals, Mystic buffs

• well keep in mind that we will see the rhytmic combat in place so things might be different. Though they likely won't change the core aspects of each class.

If it's not a main healer, will dungeons suffer with having a half-baked healer due to Mystics not being in the group?

From what I understand, Paladin is considered the main healer whereas Mystic is support.

I played Mystic for a short time on "high" level and the 42 Dungeon (water based one) was incredibly hard. Given the fact that I mainly ran random groups with really bad players didn't help but a Paladin has the big heals while Mystic takes the HoT route. Or at least that's what my experience was. Black Tower (lv 45) was close to impossible since I either lacked the skill to heal with a mystic or it is close to being impossible.

Mystic in it self is a good option for CC though other classes can do it on the same level. Otherwise the dots on Mystics are pretty strong. You could solo most field bosses which didn't have certain mechanics on them like with death sheep and its minions or the rhino by simply kiting them. Even if they hit you, simply put a hot on yourself and yeah.... pretty easy.

A group composing of Paladin+Mystic is pretty safe though on the other hand. I rarely seen anyone dying while being with a Paladin as both classes together can overcome pretty much most situation even when you pull too many mobs or some people collect AoE dmg.

• Well I do understand Paladin is either a main healer or an off tank. I do intend on taking a different approach, I know it will not end in being as efficient as other designated damage dealing classes. My question still stands as to which gear benefits the paladin abilities most. :D

The class specific sets benefit paladin the most. Since it is primarily a healing based class much of the set bonuses reflect that.

• Just a little kind reminder for new EU players, to not plan in advance for non-existing classes.

The upcoming global "early-access release" on STEAM this May will not have a few known classes (Mystic included).

It starts with only 3 DPS (Berserker, Mage, Ranger), 1 TANK (Guardian) and 1 HEALER (Paladin).

• Just a little kind reminder for new EU players, to not plan in advance for non-existing classes.

The upcoming global "early-access release" on STEAM this May will not have a few known classes (Mystic included).

It starts with only 3 DPS (Berserker, Mage, Ranger), 1 TANK (Guardian) and 1 HEALER (Paladin).

That's interesting. Are you sure about that? I thought they were only sidelining Mystic and Assassin.

• I get the impression that Mystic is more of a support class than a main healer. So they have HoTs and AoE heals, but also buffs, debuffs, damage, and CC - at least based off of their current KR skillset. So jack of all trades sort of class that would work well to be a support healer in larger fights (but also supporting with other skills), but probably isn't intended to be a main healer by itself. So you'll want a Pally for that. They'll have more and bigger heals, but also better burst healing with more direct heals than Mystic.

• I get the impression that Mystic is more of a support class than a main healer. .

That is correct. But again, we won`t be able to play Mystic in the STEAM version of the game earlier than maybe November.

• Hi all, quick question here regarding the Paladin.

I am currently thinking to play a paladin healer and was wondering how they are to lvl and if this build also used ''heavy armor'' to get it's attributes / stats up.

Next to that:

While lvl'ing is gear that important for healing? Otherwise I was thinking to lvl with judge (dps) and do dungeons with healing :)