Today's nerf really stings for Rangers

• I can't speak for the other classes, since I haven't played them yet. But Rangers really took a huge hit today.

All I intended to do today was knock out some Hunting quests before I go to work, because I'm creeping up on the levels where you start to lose side-quest tracking if you have too many open hunting quests. Imagine my surprise when I start with hunting quests for mobs that are 5+ levels below me so as to get them done as fast as possible, and the very first mob I attack barely took a scratch (granted I assumed that since they were low level garbage, I'd just phone it it). I start to pay attention to what I'm doing, and find that the damage reduction is so much that lower level garbage mobs are taking the amount of damage mobs at the same level as my Ranger should be taking.

After being disgusted at how long it took me to knock out just 2 hunting quests, and realizing I've got to leave soon to get to work, I figger'd I'd rant here first. :rolleyes:

Now all day when I'm at work, I'm gonna be stewing in projected frustrations when I get back and attempt to work on current level content.

• I don't see why your complaining.

This change is GREAT for the game and forces players to actually learn their classes, invest in their gear and talents. Now you have to pay attention, knock back mobs that get close, AOE mobs in lines together, use your stun properly, kite mobs with the skills that give you movement speed, and avoid pulling too many at once.

This change is very healthy for the game, especially in a launch environment. Will some stuff be hard? Yeah. But you'll learn, you'll get better, and in the long run we'll have more fun and the game will last longer because of it.

• I don't disagree that there needed to be a change.

I'm all for a challenge, needing to learn the skills, and using your wits to survive. That's great for elites, dungeon mobs, even normal mobs at your character's level. But for lower level garbage mobs, all it does is make the game more of a grind and less enjoyable.

• I agree Smoqueed. I love challenging content instead of 1 shot content. I am going back and looking at my Skill Growth Tree, and Abilities. I admit that as released I was just clicking stuff here, as things were so easy.

I played a Ranger at EQ release, and that was challenging.

• As far as I experience pvp wise this change was a nice and descent change. But in certain aspects in pve is kinda almost stupid. Like Denver said you pretty much scratch the mobs health in a normal mob. I always played rangers on different mmo's and this Ranger in BlessOnline takes allot of effort to play your class as far as I played it. Im at a lvl40 main quest and at the moment im actually stuck cause this quest sends u about 4+6 regular guard mobs to attack you and between changing stances to regen mana allot and kite and do enough damage on all this mobs at the same time then your probably be dead by the time u kill the 3rd one a bit later you'll be dead. Having multiple mobs as a ranger is almost the end of you without some kind of evasion to help out. I have people in guild that are mages also doing story that cant kill the bosses with multiple mobs now after this patch... So I atm I tried testing several stances to see if I can go pass my main quest. I just gave up doing main quest. until they realize they OVERDID this overall nerf. Spend your time pvping is fun and raid zerging killing, but PVE alone is literally stupid at this moment in time.

Is funny how rangers in most ALL mmo's start really strong then there nerfed to the ground....Although thats just saying is only been 4days.

• I don't see why your complaining.

This change is GREAT for the game and forces players to actually learn their classes, invest in their gear and talents. Now you have to pay attention, knock back mobs that get close, AOE mobs in lines together, use your stun properly, kite mobs with the skills that give you movement speed, and avoid pulling too many at once.

This change is very healthy for the game, especially in a launch environment. Will some stuff be hard? Yeah. But you'll learn, you'll get better, and in the long run we'll have more fun and the game will last longer because of it.

Learning the class is not going to help the numerous shortcomings that the Ranger has. For starters, the range is god awful. I will actually have to log in to the few dozen other MMO's that I have played over my two decades to confirm this but I am fairly certain that this game has the shortest range that I have ever seen for a ranger/archer type class. A large portion of the skills are 15-20m while most games that come to my head at the moment START at 25m.

The resource management for the class is also very bad now thanks in part to the reduced damage. Fighting one standard mob with the best possible rotation that the class currently has can eat up at least half of your concentration. Aggro two or more & you'll be hitting that low resource wall constantly.

As for the change being very healthy for the game, the amount of people that left after the nerf states otherwise. A majority of them were planning to stick with the game but when that huge nerf came down, that was the nail in the coffin. While some classes are still very much playable, others took the hit a lot harder. It has rendered some classes virtually unplayable due to the difficulty of some story quest. I am perfectly fine with them reducing the damage as it needed to be done but they went way too far with it. For that, it has hurt them greatly as the amount of people that demanded a refund is in the 50% range now. Pretty sure once the reddit thread is updated, it will be at 60%.

I want this game to succeed. It had a very rough start with most review sites bashing it left & right. I looked passed that as I want to remain confident that the game will find its footing in time. After the nerf though, I do not blame people for dropping the game. It was indeed overkill & they know that as they are in full blown damage control now. I fully expect that they will do another pass on the tuning in the near future. I am expecting as early as next week which should start to balance the classes further while adjusting up those that need to be adjusted the most.

• Ranger needs their old dodge move back from the Japanese client. And also either nerf snapping for mages into the ground or give rangers the ability to snap right back...you can even make that snap be 1-1-1-1 instead of 2-2-2-2. I'm totally fine with that. lmao And silencing shot from our SPLvl stances should not have been gated, it is core for rangers in pvp.

• Sorry my nobness but what do you mean by 1-1-1-1 and 2-2-2-2?

Ranger needs their old dodge move back from the Japanese client. And also either nerf snapping for mages into the ground or give rangers the ability to snap right back...you can even make that snap be 1-1-1-1 instead of 2-2-2-2. I'm totally fine with that. lmao And silencing shot from our SPLvl stances should not have been gated, it is core for rangers in pvp.

Sorry my nobness but what do you mean by 1-1-1-1 and 2-2-2-2?

• Snapping is what mages did only casting 1 ability constantly which was the start of their chain....basically not requiring them to know how to stance swap, play their class as intended, and generally no skill required. Mages could press 1 button to do good damage, not have to combo, and no fear of getting interrupted mid chain to deny them high damage at the end of a chain. However they nerfed mage snapping in this last patch into the ground so it is not a problem anymore. Rangers still need some love though. Sorry for the late reply.